PDA

View Full Version : Why are our soldiers dying??

Swanny
18-10-12, 02:25 PM
Just in case you didn't know it was for the oil.

Did John Bolton Just Admit All These Wars Are For Oil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFbpKKOEnAE

Mitch9128
18-10-12, 02:48 PM
Is anyone not aware that Iraq was for oil and Afghanistan for gas?

Swanny
18-10-12, 02:52 PM
Afghanistan also has massive reserves of Lithium

An internal Pentagon memo, for example, states that Afghanistan could become the "Saudi Arabia of lithium," a key raw material in the manufacture of batteries for laptops and Blackberries.

The vast scale of Afghanistan's mineral wealth was discovered by a small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists. The Afghan government and President Hamid Karzai were recently briefed, American officials said.

While it could take many years to develop a mining industry, the potential is so great that officials and executives in the industry believe it could attract heavy investment even before mines are profitable, providing the possibility of jobs that could distract from generations of war.

Dan505
18-10-12, 03:20 PM
Lithium....not a new discovery in Stan...as for the title??? our lads and lasses are losing their lives doing there job, what ever reason anyone believes why they are their, there must be a degree of respect for them doing the job they do and signing their life away, if it wasn't for this mentality back during the 1920's i'd probably be speaking German now.

wiltshire builders
18-10-12, 03:32 PM
Lithium....not a new discovery in Stan...as for the title??? our lads and lasses are losing their lives doing there job, what ever reason anyone believes why they are their, there must be a degree of respect for them doing the job they do and signing their life away, if it wasn't for this mentality back during the 1920's i'd probably be speaking German now.
What war were we fighting in the 1920s?

Mitch9128
18-10-12, 03:38 PM

Afghans fighting for independence from us for the first time, funnily enough.

Also Dan, rattling the respec' our troops line out is just what the gubbermint want, we don't question their motives. Bringing our troops home is the best way to respect them, not sending them to die for oil.

StreetHippo
18-10-12, 03:41 PM
Very emotive subject fellas, you still have several serving personnel within WB, some of whom are either in theatre or just about to go (again!). Please just think before posting.
Thank you,

Stu

wiltshire builders
18-10-12, 03:49 PM

Afghans fighting for independence from us for the first time, funnily enough.

Also Dan, rattling the respec' our troops line out is just what the gubbermint want, we don't question their motives. Bringing our troops home is the best way to respect them, not sending them to die for oil.
I never knew the Afghans spoke German :o Learning all the time.......

Mitch9128
18-10-12, 04:37 PM
The Mayans were in on it too.

Dan505
18-10-12, 06:52 PM
Fair point Stu, no disrespect meant i know its not easy.
Mitch, i do respect friends i've left behind and friends still in, not asking for anyone to be sent needlessly to their end.
Dan, as mitch said afghan an the german was reference people banding together for WWI & WWII, my fault for not making it clearer but some do speak german as well as russian...

redken1
18-10-12, 07:22 PM
I have the utmost respect for all of our armed forces personnel and have never wavered in my view that they should not be deployed in Afghanistan.

IMO it is absolutely ridiculous to draw comparisons between the current conflict in Afghanistan and the First and Second World Wars.

Let’s not forget why we were told our troops were sent there in the first place – it was in support of former US President George W Bush’s so called “War on Terror.”

When the Americans and British finally withdraw From Afghanistan, I fear that the Taliban will return from their safe haven over the border in Pakistan.

Dan505
18-10-12, 07:38 PM
My comparison Ken was not the conflicts themselves but peoples spirit & determination to stand against tyranny, so in that case you might as well call me ridiculous..... :-X

redken1
18-10-12, 07:49 PM
Fair comment Dan, but with reference to your earlier post it is extremely unlikely that our national language would be Pashto and/or Dari had we not invaded Afghanistan.

Sorry if I picked you up wrong – I thought your post implied that we faced the same threat from The Taliban as from pre-war Germany.

Dan505
18-10-12, 08:11 PM
The threat IMHO to everyday people/people 70 yrs ago isn't the Taliban or wasn't 19th century Germany, it's/was the people who are/were sensationalised by current/past conflicts and idolised their beliefs into a dangerous mindset where bringing the fight out of theatre and into our streets was common thought for them. Having seen both sides of theatre, you don't fight for politics or politicans, you fight for the man by your side. Personally i believe had Germany been successful in defeating us then we would be speaking German or a form of.

Swanny
18-10-12, 08:25 PM
The Germans never lost the war, they just relocated to America and Russia.

Check out Operation paper clip

http://www.operationpaperclip.info/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQBEdEnRAo

wiltshire builders
18-10-12, 09:07 PM
The threat IMHO to everyday people/people 70 yrs ago isn't the Taliban or wasn't 19th century Germany, it's/was the people who are/were sensationalised by current/past conflicts and idolised their beliefs into a dangerous mindset where bringing the fight out of theatre and into our streets was common thought for them. Having seen both sides of theatre, you don't fight for politics or politicans, you fight for the man by your side. Personally i believe had Germany been successful in defeating us then we would be speaking German or a form of.
20th century Dude

Dan505
18-10-12, 09:49 PM
Ah ok..... I'm going to sound dumb but i thought 19th century started 1900 onwards, lifes a learning curve eh

Swanny
18-10-12, 09:55 PM
We are in the 21st now

wiltshire builders
18-10-12, 10:33 PM
Haha, yeah I know what you mean Dan. There was no 0 century. The 1st century was from 0 - 100 AD (you can redeem yourself by telling me what AD stands for. I'll give you a clue, it's NOT After Death)

Dan505
18-10-12, 10:50 PM
Anno domino an no i didn't google it same as BC before christ, it makes sense when you say it but that i never knew

Swanny
18-10-12, 10:50 PM
Did you know they have stopped using BC? It's now supposed to be BCE = Before current era :-/

More stupid PC crap

Dan505
18-10-12, 11:01 PM
Should be PBS......pre b.s

Senna(Dan)
19-10-12, 09:09 PM
Us Brits have been to Afghanistan twice before the war on terror. Failed to do what we went out there to achieve and like has been said before as soon as we pull out the Taliban will probably reappear again.

The first two times were not for gas or lithium as it was before the 19th century if memory serves me correctly.