PDA

View Full Version : "You'll never live like common people"

redken1
24-10-12, 06:50 PM
Retired people should be encouraged to do community work such as caring for the "very old" or face losing some of their pension, a peer has suggested.
Lord Bichard, a former benefits chief, said "imaginative" ideas were needed to meet the cost of an ageing society. The peer is a member of a committee investigating demographic changes and their impact on public services.
And although such a move might be controversial, it would stop older people being a "burden on the state". (that's me) >:( >:( >:(

Despite the fact that I’ve worked all my life and contributed to the state coffers for 51years I’ll still be a burden on society if I live long enough to retire at 67.

I guess it was too much to expect that a “F**king Pleb” like me would be allowed to spend his twilight years enjoying riding his motorcycle around the countryside. :-?

I suppose I could ‘play the system,’ have a sidecar fitted and ferry a “very old” person for his/her weekly shop, thus fulfilling entitlement criteria to receive my own money back. ;)

Alternatively, I could see out my retirement in Rome, where I would probably gain more respect. :P

Mitch9128
24-10-12, 06:58 PM
Logans run had it nailed with carousel, anyone over 65...*zap*

wiltshire builders
24-10-12, 10:39 PM
Ken you really need to stop listening to radio 2.

Col
25-10-12, 12:29 AM
Makes ya larf really cos loads of us have given up smokes cos too dear and the health and vitality wet weekenders were bleating on how bad for health it is

now they are wittering about an increased aged population ...they even kicked us out of pubs of which many have closed :( again losing jobs and tax revenue ;D

See the loons want to tax alcohol higher too---ok in city/town clubs /pubs on Fri/Sat night but not us oldies that just like a pint or 15 ... need somat to ease the pain of the lunatic world and tosh variae :D

There we were happily unselfishly slowly killing ourselves and croaking it early plus creating great employment and paying tax only to be told we're now a 'burden' ffs!!!!!!!...... wankers...I want me bus pass and free stuff when I retire --- and I want it for many years to come cos I is a new healthy long lived non smoker :P

tax the young I say ;D :-*

redken1
25-10-12, 07:13 AM

How do you know I heard this on radio 2? ;) ;D

wiltshire builders
25-10-12, 07:35 AM

How do you know I heard this on radio 2? ;) ;D
Because I nearly threw my radio at the wall when I heard that pompous prick going on. It didn't help that Vanessa "shh everyone i'm talking now" Feltz is presenting.

Kevinb
25-10-12, 01:47 PM
Saw a woman on Watchdog last night complaining about utility bill costs. Single mum with four kids and a very nice flat screen tv on the wall. Makes you wonder what you are working for/towards >:(

Senna(Dan)
25-10-12, 02:04 PM
Ken you do know that this guy is on £120k a year and will retire on pretty similar figures.
I think he is a bigger drain on society than the so called 'very old'.

Another scumbag politician who needs to resign!

Swanny
25-10-12, 06:12 PM
Logans run had it nailed with carousel, anyone over 65...*zap*

Haha that was great
But it wasn't 65

The citizens live a mostly hedonistic lifestyle but have been told that in order to maintain the city, every resident must undergo the ritual of "Carrousel" at the age of 30

WB forum would be rather quiet if they bring this in :D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/45/Loganlifeclock.jpg/225px-Loganlifeclock.jpg

Goldie
25-10-12, 06:29 PM
Saw a woman on Watchdog last night complaining about utility bill costs. Single mum with four kids and a very nice flat screen tv on the wall. Makes you wonder what you are working for/towards >:(

I'm a single mother of 3 kids and I've got a flat screen TV :-?

Swanny
25-10-12, 06:39 PM
Are you complaining about utility bills??

Beamer
25-10-12, 07:10 PM
I sooo remember that film...Logans Run !!

I'd be fine...Im only just turning 29 ....with added V.A.T hehehe (heard that somewhere and liked it hehe) ;D ;D ;D ;D

redken1
25-10-12, 07:13 PM

Kev, demonizing single mothers is so early 90’s. If memory serves me, was that not John Major’s ‘back to basics’ moral campaign, probably drafted up while he was giving Edwina not-so-hot-stuff Currie a table-ender in the cabinet office?

Keep up, times have moved on and it’s now the elderly and disabled being persecuted and marginalized.

Snowy
25-10-12, 07:21 PM

Don't worry Goldie, I'm a single dad with 4 kids and a BMW - that's got to be higher up the target list of an out dated and stereotypical viewpoint.

Oh god, have you seen the price of heating oil these days........???? ;D ;D

redken1
25-10-12, 07:26 PM

Don't worry Goldie, I'm a single dad with 4 kids and a BMW - that's got to be higher up the target list of an out dated and stereotypical viewpoint.

And he's not that far away from 'burden on society' age. Lol :D ;) ;D

Snowy
25-10-12, 08:11 PM

And he's not that far away from 'burden on society' age. Lol :D ;) ;D

;D ;D :P :)

wiltshire builders
25-10-12, 08:48 PM

Kev, demonizing single mothers is so early 90’s. If memory serves me, was that not John Major’s ‘back to basics’ moral campaign, probably drafted up while he was giving Edwina not-so-hot-stuff Currie a table-ender in the cabinet office?

Keep up, times have moved on and it’s now the elderly and disabled being persecuted and marginalized.

Don't forget the immigrants!
My old lodger said to me "They should shut the boarders. There are too many foreigners in this country"........it sounded a lot better in his South African accent!

Trev
26-10-12, 08:38 PM

I'm a married father of 3 with a bloody great old CRT TV ;D