PDA

View Full Version : Heat Socks

Squashed_Fly
29-10-12, 07:08 PM
I wanted some wetsuit socks rather than boots, to go inside my wakeboard bindings for winterbwakeboarding. Came across these, and they've been highly recommended. Bought a pair today, then thought they would be amazing for wearing under bike boots if you're riding in the wet and your boots are anything but 100% waterproof. You might still get wet feet, but if they keep me warm swimming in 3 degree lakes, they should work well on the bike too. They're 2mm neoprene, so not too thick.

http://www.powerkiteshop.com/oneill_heat_socks.htm

Anyways, worth a look. I'll give a fuller report once I've been out on the lake this weekend!

Dex
30-10-12, 10:43 PM
My advice for waterproof socks would be SealSkinz - completely waterproof (as in, you can stand in the bath in them) merino wool lined so they're super warm. I love them :)

(I don't own a wetsuit)

Mitch9128
31-10-12, 07:28 AM
There are plenty or Gore-Tex/waterproof socks out there, which would work better, neoprene ones would give you 'granny toes', i've got some neoprene mtb ones, which are great in winter, but you get 'granny fingers' with them.

Squashed_Fly
04-11-12, 08:25 AM
Well, an hour and a half in 3 degree lake water, and still toasty warm, with no 'granny toes'. Excellent investment!

Mitch9128
04-11-12, 09:47 AM
Hard to avoid getting wet 'in' a lake, but wearing a wetsuit on your bike is a silly idea.