PDA

View Full Version : Have a rant....!!!!

Stewboy
30-05-12, 08:38 AM
Who or what has pissed u off today...have a rant here & get it off ur chest.
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13356/immadashellthumb.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Jon_W
30-05-12, 10:48 AM
There's enough of that here without a specific thread!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry about WB being backwards in coming foward...... :D

Nikki
30-05-12, 01:16 PM
People who go out to work leaving sodding dogs barking all bloody day in the garden...arghhhhh by the way I am a dog lover and my dogs bark but I dont leave them out in the bloody garden so that they p#### people off.

Feeling better already.

Stewboy
30-05-12, 07:38 PM
On my way home in the car this morning, flashed a guy to come over into the middle lane on the M4, as there was plenty of space in front of me & he was indicating to move over, because he was stuck behind a lorry, so flashed him three or four times as I was well back to let him in. He was going a bit slower than me I overtook him in the fast lane. Well u would think all would be great & I had shown my fellow man some kindness :)...u would think!!! Glanced over as I was going by maybe expecting a friendly wave to say thanks....only to find he had stuck up his middle finger at me..WTF!!!! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13049/shockmedium.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/) I wonder if he would have done the same, if I was standing in front off him. Instead in the safety of his car knowing nothing can happen to him. WoW..what a brave man!!!! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10902/smiley3482.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

redken1
30-05-12, 10:09 PM
Right well where shall I start..............

Safe to come out guys and gals, as I'm not a moaner I'm lost for words. :P :D ;D

Jon_W
31-05-12, 09:05 AM
Right well where shall I start..............

Safe to come out guys and gals, as I'm not a moaner I'm lost for words. :P :D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:-X

Swanny
31-05-12, 10:16 AM
I was riding along the road yesterday and watched an old man pull up at the side junction then unsuccessfully try to turn his head to look out of the side window.
There comes a time when you have to stop driving, it looks like his has come and passed a while ago

Loops
06-06-12, 07:52 PM
Siemens gas meter inspectors >:(

Before the weekend I had a nice card through my door threatening to get a Warrant of Access from the courts because I hadn't been there to let them in to inspect my meter.

Funny that, they never told me they were coming so oddly enough I was at work.

The number they gave on the card didn't work so a lovely lady at British Gas (all credit to them, can't fault the customer service) rearranged it for 'between 5 and 8pm' today - have they turned up yet? Have they my foot - still waiting and it's 7:50pm....

Haven't been able to leave the house (or even go in the garden) for 3 hours!

redken1
07-06-12, 07:32 PM
Bloody rain! Better clear for Sunday - aint looking good.

Rabb
07-06-12, 09:03 PM
That's it ; I'm bloody sick of this weather - I'm going to emigrate to Oz

Swanny
07-06-12, 09:15 PM
It's not any better over there
http://video.news.com.au/?2243051429

A MINI-TORNADO has ripped through suburban Perth, ripping down powerlines and trees and leaving a trail of damage.

Several reports on Twitter described the storm as a "small tornado''. It is believed the destructive winds centred on Light St, Dianella and Alexander Drive, and hit around midday WA time.
Power has since been restored in most homes.
A real estate office and video store on Walter Rd, Morley, has been damaged with the roof torn off and one wall collapsed.
Nobody was injured in the building collapse. Several cars may also have been damaged.
The Bureau of Meteorology confirmed that a "tornado'' was reported in the Tuart Hill/Morley/Dianella area just after midday.

At 12.45pm (WST) the storm that produced this tornado was in the vicinity of Bickley and moving to the southeast.

Another tornado has been reported near York at around 12.30pm.The bureau also issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area.
Thunderstorm Warning
Warning: "For destructive winds and heavy rainfall In near or between a line Jurien Bay to Beacon to Corrigin to Bunbury to Jurien Bay, including York, Mandurah and the Perth metropolitan area.

"A low pressure system to the southwest of Perth is producing showers and thunderstorms over the southwest of the State with isolated dangerous that could cause significant damage to homes and property. Showers and thunderstorms may also cause heavy rainfall that may cause flash flooding during this afternoon.''

The tornado has ripped powerlines and trees down on Morley Drive between Alexander Drive and Camboon and Wellington Roads.
Western Power crews are on site and are currently assessing the damage.

Approximately 5000 thousand customers have been blacked out and Western Power will be seeking to restore their power as soon as possible.

People are urged to stay away from any fallen power lines and report any damage to 13 13 51.
Trees have also been brought down along Alexander Drive.
Police and emergency services are on site directing traffic.

Drivers are strongly advised to avoid the area if possible.

Other roads in and around the Dianella/Morley area may also have debris or water over the road so drivers are asked to reduce their speed and exercise caution through the area.

And New Zealand's south island is covered in snow

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201223/NewZealand_460x230.jpg

DC
07-06-12, 10:42 PM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Rabb
07-06-12, 10:46 PM
I think I'll stay here then!

Swanny
08-06-12, 11:37 AM
Yet another beautiful day in sunny paradise 8-)

Senna(Dan)
08-06-12, 12:07 PM
I don't mind the rain, but this sodding wind can get lost!
It is turning roads into obstacle courses with branches everywhere, I moved 6 this morning and I am sure there are plenty more about!

Scotty
08-06-12, 12:38 PM
Driving through the wall of spray on the M4 yesterday, the car drivers who deemed sidelights sufficient to make themselves seen (wake up muppets, they're only supposed to be use when stationary!) and worse still, the Darwin Award candidates without lights on at all. The only thing I could see in my mirrors were headlights in the gloom, and I dare say the truckers had no better visibility in their mirrors... >:(

bubblylittleme
08-06-12, 02:53 PM
Can I have a rant at the driver who drove into the back of my car.... that started a roll of events.

whiplash.....house move taking forever.....built in fridge stopped working.......got shingles.......phone broke. All in 4 weeks!

But to be fair ... I now have a new 2012 Hyundai i10 and a new Samsung Galaxy Ace2. And will soon be moving to a new house in Swindon!

Senna(Dan)
08-06-12, 05:03 PM
Now just for that lottery win!

Swanny
11-06-12, 01:10 PM
Totally pissed off with this weather >:(

Blackandchrome
11-06-12, 06:47 PM
Driving through the wall of spray on the M4 yesterday, the car drivers who deemed sidelights sufficient to make themselves seen (wake up muppets, they're only supposed to be use when stationary!) and worse still, the Darwin Award candidates without lights on at all. The only thing I could see in my mirrors were headlights in the gloom, and I dare say the truckers had no better visibility in their mirrors... >:(
Got to agree with you there >:(
Had to travel to Cheltenham this morning and very much the same.
I am still wringing out the sodden bikewear.
Forecast is for much more rain in June too :(

Swanny
11-06-12, 07:13 PM
Driving through the wall of spray on the M4 yesterday, the car drivers who deemed sidelights sufficient to make themselves seen (wake up muppets, they're only supposed to be use when stationary!)
Sorry but that's not true
Sidelights are not just for stationary cars they can be used at night in areas with lit street lights instead of headlights

Stewboy
11-06-12, 07:25 PM
Totally pissed off with this weather >:( I agree, I'm selling the bike & getting one of these http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/m1617.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Swanny
11-06-12, 09:45 PM
What about one of these 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdp8Qr6jz28

Goldie
11-06-12, 10:32 PM
totally pissed off with the people that got the winning euromillions ticket on Friday night. I should've been me. How rude :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14161661

Swanny
12-06-12, 01:04 AM
When I win the lottery it will be good bye England forever 8-)

Stewboy
12-06-12, 06:00 AM
What about one of these 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdp8Qr6jz28
To James Bond for me 8-) but will deff trade up for one of these..http://youtu.be/xEXz1KiXHJ0

Jon_W
12-06-12, 09:48 AM
Totally pissed off with this weather >:(

+1 Not Amused either.

DC
12-06-12, 12:26 PM
I WANT MY BIKE BACK !!! :(

Swanny
12-06-12, 01:06 PM
It's stopped raining :o

lolliver
12-06-12, 02:10 PM
I want the insurers to pull their finger out and reimburse me for my bike so I can get riding again =@

DC
12-06-12, 03:15 PM
I want the insurers to pull their finger out and reimburse me for my bike so I can get riding again =@

ME TOO !!! :(

lolliver
12-06-12, 03:44 PM

ME TOO !!! :(

So annoying! As long as we get some Summer riding I'll be happy though 8-)

DC
12-06-12, 03:49 PM
Im hoping its not going to be too long now just over a fortnight and still waiting for insurers to authorize repairs getting cabin fever but at least its raining !!! :-/

lolliver
12-06-12, 03:52 PM
Ahh you're waiting on repairs, that's even worse :( Mine was nicked and then recovered/written off, so I'm literally just waiting for a settlement now.

DC
12-06-12, 03:54 PM
any idea how long they will be with yours ?

lolliver
12-06-12, 04:12 PM
Not a clue. ;D sent off all the documents, so now I'll just pester them daily until they deal with my claim!

bubblylittleme
12-06-12, 04:42 PM
Took two weeks from sending off documents to getting cheque with my car crash.

DC
12-06-12, 04:49 PM
Shouldn't be too much longer then !!! :-/

lolliver
15-06-12, 08:36 AM
Shouldn't be too much longer then !!! :-/

Nope! Had my letter giving me an estimate yesterday =D No more ranting for me. Hope you get yours repaired soon DC

Swanny
23-06-12, 07:47 PM
Middle of summer and I'm wearing a jumper :'(

redken1
23-06-12, 07:52 PM
Got the heating on :o

Mitch9128
23-06-12, 08:05 PM

You'll no be having a sale????

redken1
23-06-12, 08:12 PM

You'll no be having a sale????

My wife is not a biker - they feel the cold. Lol ;D

Swanny
23-06-12, 08:50 PM
:o Mine won't be going on until October at the earliest

cerruti
23-06-12, 08:57 PM
Our heating is on :'(

When are we going to get a break in the weather, Im fed up now... poor Harley hasnt seen daylight all week :( :'(

DC
23-06-12, 09:53 PM
INSURANCE COMPANIES DRAGGING THEIR HEELS !!! >:(

Maz
23-06-12, 10:51 PM
There is a certain people who are so dam thick its unreal!

I AM ON CRUTCHES YOU FOOLS

This is what i get can, you carry this can you carry that! Hang on one minue while I pull a pair of fu**ing legs and arms out of my arse!

They expect me to carry a massive 5 liter water jug, note book and a pen and open 2 sets of doors while using my walking sticks!

Am not ur scivvy do it yourself!

Tell you what even better ill tie your legs up and your hands and tell you to carry all that and see how far you get!

These people have no idea x

Stewboy
30-06-12, 01:09 PM
I foken hate this place called work..that's IT!! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/notworking.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

diwallace67
30-06-12, 07:52 PM
Soz to mention this subject again............but the weather!!!!!

Spent 3 hours cleaning my bike getting rid of all the crap from last weekends downpours, she looked soooooooooooo good so thought pop out for a hour or so as the forecast looked good....................two heavy down pours later she looks as though she hadn't been touched for months!!! It's so frustrating to wash and polish it only to get it covered in crap again!
It's meant to be summer!!!!!!...........british summer weather ARRRRRHHH!!!!! >:(

Dan505
02-07-12, 03:07 PM
wrap it in clingfilm next time Di, save you having to wash it twice ;D

cerruti
02-07-12, 08:12 PM
Soz to mention this subject again............but the weather!!!!!

Spent 3 hours cleaning my bike getting rid of all the crap from last weekends downpours, she looked soooooooooooo good so thought pop out for a hour or so as the forecast looked good....................two heavy down pours later she looks as though she hadn't been touched for months!!! It's so frustrating to wash and polish it only to get it covered in crap again!
It's meant to be summer!!!!!!...........british summer weather ARRRRRHHH!!!!! >:(

I'm fed up with this weather too - My Harley has been out of the garage 3 times since I bought it :'( :'( :'(

Swanny
02-07-12, 10:04 PM
The nights are drawing in :-/

Swanny
03-07-12, 09:16 AM
Will it ever stop raining???

lolliver
03-07-12, 10:00 AM
Fuel on the roads in Bristol + rain!!!! >:(

cerruti
03-07-12, 12:25 PM
Fuel on the roads in Bristol + rain!!!! >:(

That's why I chickened out this morning and drove the car to work >:(

Stewboy
06-07-12, 08:40 PM
Foken rain rain rain http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/11863/rain_cloud.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/) Serviced the bikes over a week ago, new tyres on mine, havent even seen 15miles put on them yet, WTF is up with this rain crap.....

DC
06-07-12, 08:58 PM
Its like the Feckin Rainy Season !!! :-/

cerruti
06-07-12, 09:04 PM
Severev weather warning issued tonight for the south west - We are expecting a month's rain over the weekend....

Gotta love our english summers :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

DC
06-07-12, 09:09 PM
We might well have to get shot of the bikes and buy jet skis !!! :o

Stewboy
06-07-12, 09:13 PM
Suppose I should start building the Ark that I'v been putting off ::). Hope the neighbours dont mind ;D

redken1
06-07-12, 09:15 PM
Flood warnings everywhere. I recall a couple of years ago we had Floods in June. My friend is a train driver and got stuck in Worcester and slept the night in the train.

Last Train
06-07-12, 09:34 PM
Got soggy after McD's this morning.... Kin ****e....

NoYou
06-07-12, 09:43 PM
Bloody insurance companies... Went online to see how much my insurance will be when i need to renew it, tied a few websites to get a general idea. I leave it at that and think no more of it. The next day at work, I'm in a meeting and my phones goes off, i apologise reject the call and think no more of it. No more than 2 minutes later, my phone goes again from the same number, again i reject the call and put my phone on silent.

Throughout the rest of the meeting, about another 40 minutes, i get no less than TWELVE PHONE CALLS from the same number!!! About 20 mins after the meeting has finished they call AGAIN! This time i answer it, get the usual "Hello, this is whoever from whatever insurance company it was", i gave them an ear full and put the phone down before they could get any further.

10 mins after that... yep... i get ANOTHER BLOODY CALL! ... ... FROM THE SAME BLOODY PERSON!

He starts with the same "Hello this is..." crap, before he gets half way through it i give him anther ear full, tell him that if he, or anyone from his company continues to call me i will be calling the police with a harassment claim and hung up.

They stopped after that but i was seriously pissed off for the rest of the day!

Swanny
06-07-12, 10:17 PM
Severev weather warning issued tonight for the south west - We are expecting a month's rain over the weekend....

Gotta love our english summers :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
There has never been a summer like this as far as records go

Swanny
07-07-12, 01:29 PM
Oh look it's still FECKING raining >:(

Swanny
12-07-12, 07:11 PM
Bastard rain.
It's summer I'm supposed to be out on my bike most evenings and at weekends.

I ride my bike more often in the winter, it might be cold but at least it's dry then :)

cerruti
12-07-12, 07:29 PM
Soddin weather tricked me this morning... twas bright and sunny when i rode to work this morning....

Bloody chucking it down on the way home tonight :'( :'( :'(

Nelly
12-07-12, 08:08 PM
Soddin weather tricked me this morning... twas bright and sunny when i rode to work this morning....

Bloody chucking it down on the way home tonight :'( :'( :'(

Did you go through chippenham about 5.15?

cerruti
12-07-12, 08:19 PM
Did you go through chippenham about 5.15?

Nope, don't go anywhere near Chippenham... I commute Westbury to Bristol and I was just leaving work at 5:15

Why?

Nelly
12-07-12, 09:05 PM
Passes another poor soul in the chucking rain. Heart went out to her :(

Dan505
13-07-12, 10:12 AM
yesterdays rain...BOOOOOOOOOO!! >:( go away!

like Cerruti i was tricked and think same thing will happen today, oh well another drenching then

wiltshire builders
13-07-12, 12:22 PM

like Cerruti i was tricked and think same thing will happen today, oh well another drenching then
Now imagine that on a bike with twice the BHP. My throttle action is softer than a butterfly's wing thanks to this rain.

Dan505
13-07-12, 12:53 PM
twice? you've got only 66 bhp running thru yours? :D

grip isn't affected by the rain too much on mine but it is only ickle

wiltshire builders
13-07-12, 01:33 PM
twice? you've got only 66 bhp running thru yours? :D

grip isn't affected by the rain too much on mine but it is only ickle
Ah, I'm guessing you're restricted then. Bet you'll be glad to get that off and unleash the other 50 horses. Really anything over 100bhp is unnecessary.
I hate riding in the wet. White lines, overbanding, person hole covers (i'm very pc) oil and diesel make it a bloody nightmare.

While we're moaning, you should've seen the roads in the I.O.M. If you think ours are bad theirs are an f'ing joke!
Next year I'm heading back to Italy via the Jura mountains. Sun, great food and perfect roads!

Crosbie
13-07-12, 03:09 PM

Indeed - i had a meeting in Guildford yesterday (my office is in Radstock) The ride there was nice but the ride home was very wet all the way back, A31,A331,M3,A303,A36.... i wanted the most direct route back home to Trow. i was wearing a driviz suit fortunately but the inside of my helmet was sopping, both sets of gloves were sopping, my toes were wrinkled and the cuffs on my coat under the suit were sopping also. >:( Not fun. Still better than being in a car stuck in all the traffic! 8-)

Dan505
13-07-12, 03:09 PM
yep A2 at mo but bike is it full capacity and i'll need a bike upgrade to up the power!

i don't mind riding in the wet i just hate the w0nkers that seem to like swerving to avoid the puddles or coming closer to soak you that little bit more.

Holland would be a good place for a bike, their roads are so flat their speed bumps are dips ;D

wiltshire builders
13-07-12, 03:32 PM
If you're after an upgrade I'm toying with selling mine.
Did I mention it's lovely to ride in the wet, really comfortable, gives great mpg, it's whisper quiet and has very sensible and usable power. It's also a very tasteful and inconspicuous colour. ::)

redken1
13-07-12, 05:17 PM
"Person hole covers."

Dan gone all PC - there's no hope for mankind as we know it.

;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
17-07-12, 12:43 PM
It's still f***ing raining!!!!!

Novelty has firmly worn off now!!!!

Blackandchrome
17-07-12, 12:52 PM
Sun is shining here Jon............... 8-)
Cheer up better weather is promised :'(

Stewboy
20-07-12, 09:09 PM
fOKING hell!! Three weeks on & still waiting for parts from EuroCarParts. Only to be told yesterday that they are now resending my order as it ended up back with them..WTF! So went online now to check with the tracking number they gave me & YODEL say it was deliverd this morning at 11:34..it was??? I was home the whole day & nobody rang my door bell?? DO these companys have a foking clue what they doing? answer...Like dog sh1t they do....Ahhhhh!!!!!!
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13356/immadashellthumb.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Beamer
20-07-12, 09:45 PM
I feel a rant coming on........about bald headed men driving massive 4x4's and towing boats (ok maybe not all bald headed men towing boats..just the one hehe)

Coming back from Poole today some man with an over sized car that he obviously couldnt drive would have wiped me (and my prized possession, my mums car) out completely if I had been a few seconds further along the road

I'd just come up behind an ancient tractor (that must have been made in the 1930's) travelling at the massive speed of about 10 miles an hour, when coming round the blind bend in front of us, on my side of the road I might add, was this bloody great 4x4 towing a boat !! If I had been travelling normally and not slowed for the tractor I would have been on that bend and he would have completely obliterated me and my lovely car !! What an utter knoblet !!

Grrrr rant over and Im glad to say Im here to post my rant hehe ;D ;D

Col
21-07-12, 02:32 PM
Oi!!!! Bald is Beautiful :D

Beamer
21-07-12, 04:54 PM

Hehe..no offence to ALL bald men (or women come to that) My dad was well known for his 'solar panels' lol......Im sure this chap would have been driving too fast whether he had hair or not hehe

And, yes, there are some lovely chaps with shiny heads out there....and Im lucky enough to know a few of them ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

redken1
21-07-12, 05:56 PM

Hehe..no offence to ALL bald men (or women come to that) My dad was well known for his 'solar panels' lol......Im sure this chap would have been driving too fast whether he had hair or not hehe

And, yes, there are some lovely chaps with shiny heads out there....and Im lucky enough to know a few of them ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Geordie Stu
23-07-12, 04:55 PM

Agree 100% :)

Swanny
23-07-12, 05:14 PM
Lately I've noticed that my hair is starting to thin out a little on the top so in preparation for the day when it's gone I have to say bald is beautiful ;)

Geordie Stu
23-07-12, 06:23 PM
Oh **** are we talking about Bald heads.... I thought you mean't shaven Bollocks ;D ;D ;D

Conehead
23-07-12, 06:30 PM
I get the strimmers on mine so i dont miss it when it finally wins......... and yes i meant strimmer. :D :D :D

Geordie Stu
23-07-12, 06:35 PM
I get the strimmers on mine so i dont miss it when it finally wins......... and yes i meant strimmer. :D :D :D

;D :o ;D :o ;D

cerruti
23-07-12, 07:02 PM
Oh **** are we talking about Bald heads.... I thought you mean't shaven Bollocks ;D ;D ;D

Erm, so how exactly would Beamer have seen this drivers' bollo......

Oh never mind

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stewboy
23-07-12, 07:33 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/m0167.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Beamer
23-07-12, 09:43 PM

lmao....now why would a man be driving a 4x4 towing a boat with his ummm, bits on show ??
I wouldnt have been ranting about it....Id have been staring :o :o :o :o :o hehehe

Swanny
23-07-12, 09:49 PM
I'd like to complain about all the sexy young ladies walking around in next to nothing.....

I nearly crashed my van at least 14 times today :D

Beamer
23-07-12, 09:54 PM
I'd like to complain about all the sexy young ladies walking around in next to nothing.....

I nearly crashed my van at least 14 times today :D

Mark Able loves the 'summer sights' when out doing his 'work'........I was a little put out so I mentioned he needs to be a little more diverse and remember there are ladies listening.....and we'd like to have some 'eye candy' pointed out too hehe
I dont think he got the point when he pointed out some freaky looking guy for me once or twice hehehe ::) ::) ::)

Conehead
23-07-12, 10:45 PM
i remember when doing my full UK licence that the instructor almost bailed his Pan when doing a double take at one of the almost naked wildlife........mmmmm... the eye candy was good though. :o :o :o

Geordie Stu
24-07-12, 04:56 PM
Hot summer days, Dark Visor discreet sideways glance. Never done so many life savers.... :D :D ;D ;D

Swanny
13-08-12, 03:24 PM
Fecking raining again >:(

thepetrolhead91
13-08-12, 05:18 PM
So for the 7th time Ive had the front brakes off my car as they refuse to stop squealing and its all the time. Grrr just finished grinding the calipers and cleaning the discs of any surface rust. If that doesn't solve it, Im gonna go absolutley nuts as its unbareable to drive with the constant squealing!!!! Man that feels better :P

Snowy
13-08-12, 06:00 PM
So for the 7th time Ive had the front brakes off my car as they refuse to stop squealing and its all the time. Grrr just finished grinding the calipers and cleaning the discs of any surface rust. If that doesn't solve it, Im gonna go absolutley nuts as its unbareable to drive with the constant squealing!!!! Man that feels better :P

Have you put some anti squeal between piston and pad? I use a very small quantity of copperslip although some prefer a silicon based product to protect the seals.

njl
13-08-12, 06:05 PM

Have you put some anti squeal between piston and pad? I use a very small quantity of copperslip although some prefer a silicon based product to protect the seals.

Last time I was in GSF they gave out little sachets of the red grease free to me, though it would probably help if you are buying something at the same time!

Scotty
13-08-12, 07:37 PM
Fecking raining again >:(
Go off-roading, a bit of rain isn't an issue at all 8-)

Swanny
13-08-12, 09:56 PM
It's a bonus then, I used to love getting muddy on my old XL 8-)

Dan505
14-08-12, 11:01 AM
bikers rolling off the throttle to slow down without covering the brake so no indication they are slowing to a crawl then them accelerating without changing down and it taking ages for them to move, learn to ride pillock!

cerruti
16-08-12, 10:43 PM
I want to know why Bristol drivers insist of slowing down to 20mph to go past a speed camera in a 30mph limit :o

I mean, why? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I just don't see the point >:(

Jonesy94
16-08-12, 11:23 PM
people that assume im incapable of riding a 750 BEACAUSE im 18 >:( narrow minded feckers, we're not all teenage hooligans that tear about everywhere ;D ;D......

Roxy
17-08-12, 12:46 AM
people that assume im incapable of riding a 750 BEACAUSE im 18 >:( narrow minded feckers, we're not all teenage hooligans that tear about everywhere ;D ;D......

and your slogan is "ride it like you stole it" :-? :-? :-? :-?

not the best advertisement when you are moaning about 'narrow minded feckers who think you're a teenage hooligan tearing about everywhere' is it? :-? :-? :-?

Snowy
17-08-12, 07:50 AM
I want to know why Bristol drivers insist of slowing down to 20mph to go past a speed camera in a 30mph limit :o

I mean, why? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I just don't see the point >:(

Same reason they touch their brakes half way round a corner for no reason whatsover. I've never understood that one, as soon as they see a bike in their mirror, on go the brakes :-?

Jonesy94
17-08-12, 12:54 PM

and your slogan is "ride it like you stole it" :-? :-? :-? :-?

not the best advertisement when you are moaning about 'narrow minded feckers who think you're a teenage hooligan tearing about everywhere' is it? :-? :-? :-?

Fair point ;D, suppose i cant really argue with that can i.......damn! ;D ;D

Wes
17-08-12, 09:31 PM
Road dressing, or to put it another way, lethal amounts of medium to fine gravel at junctions, middle of the road, side of the road, all over the place really, i know its just a cheap way of tarting up the road, but surely,by now you would like to think there was some better way of doing this?

cerruti
21-08-12, 06:58 PM
Ok im going to rant now...

About the weather >:(

I got bleedin drenched on the way home tonight :'(

I guess summer is over ::)

Tobias5571
22-08-12, 09:16 PM
Was going up the a34 in the outside lane at the same speed as the inside lane bacause of traffic, when a brand spanking transporter with a 30 foot boat on the back started pulling in to my lane nearly knocking me off. I subsiquently kicked his door, accidently shattering his window. ohh well!

Nico_babe
25-08-12, 01:25 PM
Ever had one of those days when you just wish someone would fall off the face of the earth? Yup im having one of them

goz1960
25-08-12, 02:55 PM
Ok im going to rant now...

About the weather >:(

I got bleedin drenched on the way home tonight :'(

I guess summer is over ::)

I don't think it ever really started.

redken1
25-08-12, 07:07 PM
310 miles from Carlisle today down to 30mph in the slow lane at times. First time in ages I wished I was in the van. Need a stiff dram tonight - that was one challenging ride home from Scotland.

PS; discovered I have a talent for speedway ;) ;D

Conehead
30-08-12, 06:46 PM
Wish I had a shotgun on the A354 coming back to salisbury from Weymouth today as a **** in a landrover 4x4 pushed me right to the opposite side of the road (oncoming traffic side) as he didn't want me to pass. Absolute dickhead. >:( >:( >:(
Luckily I had loads more horsepower than he did. ;D ;D ;D

A13X4ND7A
31-08-12, 11:05 AM
Can I rant too.... drivers who think its a great idea to sit right up my jaxy when Im doing a perfectly good speed.. Im trying as hard as I can to learn to ride, I have L plates gimme a break! It doesnt help my nerves dag nab it!

Tobias5571
02-09-12, 11:27 PM
Ever had one of those days when you just wish someone would fall off the face of the earth? Yup im having one of them
Some people wont even dissappear, even with a push.

RichTT
04-09-12, 08:01 AM
People who give-up their right of way! >:(

No-good do-gooders; causing me to break sharply for no reason other than to massage their own ego, mistakenly thinking they're doing their good deed for the day.

No! Let the f*ckers wait like the rest of us - that's what right of way is for; to keep the traffic moving! :(

Ignorant f*uckwits! ;D

Dan505
04-09-12, 10:10 AM
or people who stop to let you out when they are the only one on the road with nothing behind them or coming the other way, classic example of forgetting what mirrors function for....

wiltshire builders
04-09-12, 11:44 AM
Was going up the a34 in the outside lane at the same speed as the inside lane bacause of traffic, when a brand spanking transporter with a 30 foot boat on the back started pulling in to my lane nearly knocking me off. I subsiquently kicked his door, accidently shattering his window. ohh well!
Then you need to learn how to ride!

Tobias5571
04-09-12, 10:26 PM
Then you need to learn how to ride! explaination please???? It was at the end of the a34 where the traffic was starting to build and the road splits into pre advised lanes.

wiltshire builders
05-09-12, 04:17 PM
I guessing you were up behind the vehicle infront, the vehicle behind was right up your arse, transporter to your left, curb/barrier to your right.

You've effictively boxed yourself in and riding at a constant speed in the transporters blind spot.
When riding on the motorway or dual carriageway only pass a vehicle if you can get completely past it.

Obviously the driver has a duty to check the outside lane is clear before pulling into it but being in the right counts for nothing when you've got a 30ft boat sticking out of your arse.

Defensive riding = a much longer life.

Nikki
05-09-12, 04:25 PM
People who get some damn uptight on the roads and treat them as battle fields.

Blimey its no wonder we have so many crashes.

If some people just had a wee bit of patience and consideration the roads would be much nicer and safer place.

Tobias5571
06-09-12, 11:27 PM
I guessing you were up behind the vehicle infront, the vehicle behind was right up your arse, transporter to your left, curb/barrier to your right.

You've effictively boxed yourself in and riding at a constant speed in the transporters blind spot.
When riding on the motorway or dual carriageway only pass a vehicle if you can get completely past it.

Obviously the driver has a duty to check the outside lane is clear before pulling into it but being in the right counts for nothing when you've got a 30ft boat sticking out of your arse.

Defensive riding = a much longer life.
Actualy I was on the inside lane. And I was right in sight of the driver, so before you come out with your bul**** assumption and critisism please dont just assume that everybody is less capable of reading the road than you as I guess you are a perfect rider. I did nearly 50,000 bike miles in the last year rain or shine. I am VERY capable of reading the road, so please find another way to put the fault to me.......

Sorry to everybody else. But it clearly states "have a rant" :-)

Tobias5571
06-09-12, 11:29 PM
Ps, sorry if I was a little tough. Had a bad day :-( "ride on"

wiltshire builders
07-09-12, 11:46 AM
I think you need to read your original post young man. You clearly state you were in the outside lane matching the speed of the traffic in the inside lane.
Did this really happen or was it a bad dream you had?

How's that for finding another way to fault you? ;D

Geordie Stu
07-09-12, 02:00 PM
RANT from yesterday. Highways Agency & matrix signs.

M4 westbound yesterday Swindon area. Sign say Slow 50mph fair enough. Then a little further along the road the Highways agency sat in the middle lane doing 30mph causing a rolling road block.

The Police had pulled over a car & trailer on the hard shoulder could see anything worn with the car or trailer so why the rolling road block.....

In addition why do people slow down to 70mph (yes I know it's the speed limit before you start) :P

They panic thinking they are the Police, they can't issue you a ticket for speeding.

While I'm on it. Rubber neckers >:( make me angry.

Rant over that feels better :)

Col
07-09-12, 08:36 PM
While I'm on it. Rubber neckers >:( make me angry.

I like a good gawp as and when ;D

Tobias5571
16-09-12, 12:15 AM
I think you need to read your original post young man. You clearly state you were in the outside lane matching the speed of the traffic in the inside lane.
Did this really happen or was it a bad dream you had?

How's that for finding another way to fault you? ;D

Jepp your clearly right. i take it all back sir :) i meant opposite ;) so sorry for that but i did feel better after a release of energy that day :)

Dan505
03-10-12, 10:10 AM
non waterproof, waterproofs!!! >:( my waterproof tank bag isn't :( well and truly drenched contents this morning, would be better off wrapped in a carrier bag next time

Swanny
03-10-12, 10:11 AM
Beautiful blue skies out there now Dan 8-)

Dan505
03-10-12, 10:13 AM
yeah but not at daft o'clock when the mortals are off to graft

wiltshire builders
03-10-12, 10:44 AM
I've gotoxford's bone dry wet weather kit. Rode for 8hrs across Deutschland in the pouring rain and didn't feel a drop. Only cost £40 too.

Swanny
03-10-12, 10:55 AM
I have Oxford bone dry boots
10 mins in the rain is too much for them ;D ;D ;D

Mitch9128
03-10-12, 10:55 AM

You kicked the door of an Artic from your bike?

Dan505
03-10-12, 01:00 PM
my waterproofs i wear are fine, lewis jacket and Spada trousers but my new tank bag thats supposed to be waterproof isn't, first time its been in heavy rain but won't take it when already raining as my oxford tail pack IS waterproof

wiltshire builders
03-10-12, 04:43 PM
my waterproofs i wear are fine, lewis jacket and Spada trousers but my new tank bag thats supposed to be waterproof isn't, first time its been in heavy rain but won't take it when already raining as my oxford tail pack IS waterproof
Tank bags suck anyway. Can't see the instuments, can't get behind the screen.
Are you sure it's supposed to be water proof? Unless it's got a dry sack lining then it'll only be shower proof, especially if it's got a zip.

Dan505
04-10-12, 01:04 PM
can see my dash fine as its not fully loaded, yeah it has a seperate waterproof cover (like the '95 army bergen) but its arse in the wet, contents will go in a dry bag from now on and it can just dry it's self out but the rain has made all the glue from the magnet pouches leech onto the tank, why it couldnd't be stitched i'll never know, worst purchase in ages

Senna(Dan)
05-10-12, 03:58 PM
Dan,
I have got a Riossi tank bag with a dry bag inside it, best £25 spent on ebay. The dry bag was £15 of that!

redken1
05-10-12, 04:45 PM
I've got a magnetic Oxford tank bag with cover, straps as new - never used it Dan. I tend to agree with WB - put it on the bike and just felt it was restricting my riding position etc. Doesn't suit my Rossi riding style. :D ;D ;)

Anyway, it's surplus to requirements and going cheap. If you are interested, PM me Dan.

Gooz
05-10-12, 05:05 PM
Why the feck do doddering old feckwitts or blue rinsers feel it necessary to follow the same shortcuts that we all take to try and avoid them, If you have no sense of urgency about where your going or what your doing then ffs go the long way around and stay the feck out of the way........... rant over.

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 10:59 AM
Why the feck do doddering old feckwitts or blue rinsers feel it necessary to follow the same shortcuts that we all take to try and avoid them, If you have no sense of urgency about where your going or what your doing then ffs go the long way around and stay the feck out of the way........... rant over.

They tend to take the short cuts to stay off the main roads trying to avoid us that are tyring to get to our destination quicker :D Frustrating I feel your pain

Dan505
19-10-12, 03:19 PM
thanks to the tool who pulled out from behind the lorry on the dual carriageway to overtake it and nearly wiped me out as i was already overtaking the lorry >:( slammed the anchors and blasted the horn and all i got at the lights was 'what? i didn't see you, what did i do' had i been checking my mirrors or the dash i would have been nailed by him....i find lately the commute is becoming more risky

Swanny
19-10-12, 06:00 PM
They seem to like you Dan

I'd like to rant at the weather and my bike getting filthy. Every time I go out on it it rains >:(
Trip to Bath today for a cup of coffee and some people watching, just about to leave to come home and the rain comes down.
Oh well will wash it again tomorrow ready for Sunday

DC
28-10-12, 04:46 PM
Its nearly bloody dark already !!! :(

Wes
28-10-12, 06:02 PM
Thats spot on mate

Goldie
28-10-12, 06:08 PM

Beginning to think the extra hour in bed wasn't worth it now. It's dark way too early :(

DC
28-10-12, 06:11 PM

Beginning to think the extra hour in bed wasn't worth it now. It's dark way too early :(

Bloody dark and raining !!! :(

redken1
28-10-12, 06:25 PM
Look on the bright side October is nearly over - only another 5 months till scorching wall-to-wall sunshine. :D :) :-*

wheelers
28-10-12, 06:29 PM
Mud mud glorious mud.

my father used to tell me that when he was a boy , the local bobby used to come round to his house as he was farmers leading man near Foxham, if the aamily didnt turn out to clear dirt off the road they risked loosing their house!! nowadays a hand painted sign on a piece of old board classifies as enough warning for mud on the road.
Ive been round Easton Lane, Westlands lane and the Lacock bypass all with dirt on them this weekend.

Nelly
28-10-12, 06:33 PM
Mud mud glorious mud.

my father used to tell me that when he was a boy , the local bobby used to come round to his house as he was farmers leading man near Foxham, if the aamily didnt turn out to clear dirt off the road they risked loosing their house!! nowadays a hand painted sign on a piece of old board classifies as enough warning for mud on the road.
Ive been round Easton Lane, Westlands lane and the Lacock bypass all with dirt on them this weekend.

Lacock bypass is indeed a bloody disgrace at the moment >:(

Swanny
28-10-12, 06:47 PM

Depends who you spent it with :)

Goldie
28-10-12, 07:14 PM

Depends who you spent it with :)

I was on my own ffs :( lol ;D

Col
28-10-12, 11:31 PM
Get the unemployeds out cleaning the mud off the roads...too difficult for them no doubt especially the useless yoof

Impossible to do anything as ground is soaked ..

.. if any bright sparks have any ideas how to clean wheels off the tractors hauling crops after the weather we have had please step forward

....oh! that'd be zilch would it ::)

best if townies and low skill road users stick to the towns for a coupla weeks :-*

Jon_W
29-10-12, 07:52 AM
Muppets in Range rovers who seem to think it's ok to drive 2" off your tain with all their lights on.......

.... look A**holes! If I put a tyre on the back of my car will you give me a feking push? Save me the fuel.... if not...

...BACK OFF!

Dan505
29-10-12, 10:11 AM
let them pass Jon......and get a tow instead ;D

Swanny
29-10-12, 12:57 PM
Fecked off with having a cold >:(

Swanny
05-11-12, 04:40 PM
I'm going to moan about the numpties that are struggling to get through the floods at Staverton and again just as you get to Melksham. Anyone would think they were doing a river crossing in the Amazon rather than driving through a puddle ::)

No one in front of me checked their brakes on the other side either.

As for the 4x4 drivers that I saw today. Tossers