PDA

View Full Version : BBC (Bosses Benevolent Charity)

redken1
12-11-12, 09:18 PM
If you saw a job advert offering a daily wage rate of £8333.33 you could be forgiven for thinking it was for a premiership footballer or the lead role in the next Bond movie.

Well, that is the obscene amount of our dosh former BBC Director General George Entwistle received for the 54 days he was at the helm of the state owned broadcasting company. :o

Why do we keep rewarding executives for messing-up? >:(

It will take me 22 years to earn £450,000 before tax and I’m expected to pay for 22 BBC licences out of that.

Could someone explain to me how Entwistle is entitled to this severance payout when he resigned from his position at the BBC? (Bosses Benevolent Charity) :-?

Kevinb
13-11-12, 01:44 PM
Agree. I didn't get that part, surely if you resign you get nothing. If they get rid of you then you could be on anything from one weeks money up to a year depending on the position.

I thought BBC now stood for Bonking Blonde Children :o

Swanny
13-11-12, 01:51 PM
Good excuse not to buy a licence. I don't watch tele so I don't have one which means he's not being paid with my money :P :)

Swanny
13-11-12, 08:25 PM
As heads roll at the BBC, Britain ponders on the all important question of who will be voted out first in, I’m A Celebrity. ;D

redken1
15-11-12, 09:20 PM
The BBC has settled with Lord McAlpine over his libel claim about a Newsnight broadcast which led to him being wrongly implicated in child abuse.

The damages, agreed 13 days after the broadcast, total £185,000 plus costs.

The Licence payer has done nothing wrong so why should we pick up the tab whilst Entwistle walks away with a half million quid pay-off? A double whammy!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Col
15-11-12, 09:45 PM
And what are we able to do about this then ????

I know ;)

Spread cheeks and take it up fookin arse !!!! :-*

Swanny
16-11-12, 01:14 AM
Or don't pay for a tv licence :)
You can watch all the crap on iplayer etc for free so why pay??