PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while since my MP got a letter....

Hunar
15-11-12, 02:58 AM
As my local MP, Justin Tomlinson has now started to get people to reply to my letters about cannabis prohibition on his behalf, I must assume that he got bored with me not taking his hints that this would be better discussed at a later date. So I thought it might be an idea to send him a letter about other things as well.

Dear Justin,

After the excitement of the US elections there were lots of questions being asked about what this means for the UK. I wish I had an answer for that, but I do know what it will mean for Washington and Colorado. I don't know if you heard, but they legalised and regulated cannabis. They've effectively stopped criminalising tens of thousands of people, saved huge amounts of money on law enforcement and legal costs, and if that wasn't enough, they've also cut a large source of revenue for criminal and terrorist groups. I wouldn't blame you if you had not heard this news, although it has been in the media, it's not received the sort of headlines I would expect. It's hardly surprising really, Spain and Portugal have decriminalised / regulated the personal use of cannabis, and we don't hear to much about how well that's working out for them either.

While I am on the subject of media blackouts or lack of coverage, do you not think that it is also very odd that Iceland doesn't appear more on the news? After all don't they owe us about £3billion? Shouldn't we be chasing that? We are in a desperate financial crisis and could use the money to replace a bit of the £25billion we are losing each year in tax being avoided by people like the Prime Minister's late father. A man who made his £30+ million fortune through offshore investment trusts and accounts in tax havens like Monaco, or Sir Philip Green, or rather his Wife who owns a lot of their companies and conveniently doesn't pay tax in the UK as she is registered as living in Monaco. Isn't Sir Philip also part of the Prime Minister's Business Advisory Group? Anyway I digress, back to Iceland. Is there not another anti terrorism law we can unjustly hit them with to try and get them to cough up? Of course Iceland will be a tender area for most Politicians I would have thought. Possibly because they nationalised the banks, and decided not to pay the debt that PRIVATE banks created, but mostly because they forced their Government to resign, and put together a public assembly to rewrite their constitution, of course that couldn't be allowed to happen in this country. All those politicians out of work and having to claim JSA, having had experience of that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, even more so if some of them had to go through the Atos assessment programme if they had some condition that prevented them from being fully fit for work. After reading some of the stories about people who are waiting for heart surgery being classed as fully fit for work, and people with missing limbs being recalled every 6 - 12 months to be re-assessed (I think it's possible that they have X-men and real life mixed up, I'm sure it's not possible to re grow missing limbs at the moment, although if they can stick an ear on a mouse who knows?), I'm sure you would be as shocked as me. So I can understand that highlighting Iceland might not be in our politicians best interests.

As a point of interest at the moment Iceland seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, in fact they are doing so well that they are ahead in their repayments to the IMF.

But I will tell you what really got my back up this week, and as a reasonable fellow I know you will be outraged as well. There is this old chap (in his 90's), and he was in service during the second world war. In fact he was on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day (3rd wave in I am told), and his job on that day was, in his own words,

"To take grenades and ammunition from those people who didn't need it anymore and pass it forward to the front line"

Now I've given that some thought, and the only thing I can come up with is that he had to take those items from dead, dying and injured friends and colleagues. I can't begin to imagine what it was like having to do that, in those surroundings, people being cut down and blown up around you, walking past the bodies of your dead and dying friends, those memories must haunt him. I think it's fair to call this chap a national hero, he went through hell so that we didn't have to. Imagine my surprise when I hear that despite all this man has done for this country, he still has to pay towards his own care in his old age, and more than that, if it is decided that it is not cost effective to provide care for him in his own home, then he could be forced into care home and his house taken and sold to fund it. I could understand it if we where talking about a multi-millionaire banker like Conservative party donor Sir David Scholey, after all if he can afford to pay tens of thousands of pounds to hunt lions and other big game, then funding his own health care shouldn't be a problem, but then again he hasn't had to rob corpses for his country, although he is part of an industry that robbed the living instead. You would have thought that considering what we asked this old hero to do for this country, we would at least have the common decency to foot the bill when it's his turn to ask his country to do something for him.

www.facebook.com/hunar4pm

Snowy
15-11-12, 10:53 AM
If he replies, he might well say that much of the local money lost to the Icelandic banks has already been repaid and the full amount is expected to be returned in the near future...... ;)

Conehead
15-11-12, 01:08 PM
yeah, the same old BS as usual and we the tax payer get bugger all.

Snowy
15-11-12, 01:43 PM
In this case any returned money cannot be allocated against an operational budget and therefore cannot be used in that context - that's the law. Its an asset which is used to ensure the financial stability of the organisation and if it wasn't there would place it in financial crisis in the same way as currently affects North Somerset Council. Whatever anyone thinks about their own local authority that's not a good place to be.

Last Train
15-11-12, 05:28 PM
www.facebook.com/hunar4pm

8-)

Col
15-11-12, 09:10 PM
I'd flog the **** at Boots--take the tax 8-)

Col
15-11-12, 09:21 PM
In this case any returned money cannot be allocated against an operational budget and therefore cannot be used in that context - that's the law. Its an asset which is used to ensure the financial stability of the organisation and if it wasn't there would place it in financial crisis in the same way as currently affects North Somerset Council. Whatever anyone thinks about their own local authority that's not a good place to be.

;D ;D ;D the bloody coucil will be there whatever the goons do---some gimps would change the name at our huge cost to somat loike Dickens Cider County Council arrrrrrrrr :P

irrelevant what 'law' ::) is applied---the council would continue.
Ever heard of a council disappearing thereby saving a veritable fortune :o

btw us mugs in Wiltshire have never recieved any kind of apology from that Scott woman over the scandalous waste and cost of employing an unemployed bloke at c. £190k plus house and overly generous perks then kicking him out and handing him nearly £500k :o :o of OUR money 18 months later

utterly disgusted these state employees can waste so much money with complete impunity----they even been handing out OUR cash to the workers to shock horror :o :o 'travel to temporary site' [c £200k] while they waste even more money on a 'new' 'campus' wtf!!!! ....even chucked out furniture cos mug taxpayer will buy new stuff for our lardarses

makes ya weep :'(

redken1
15-11-12, 09:25 PM
"But, you won't fool the children of the revolution"
"No, you won't fool the children of the revolution no, no, no!!!"

;) ;) ;) :-X :-X :-X

redken1
15-11-12, 10:02 PM
I stopped writing to my MP years ago because my correspondence only ends up in the professional moaner’s tray. (Can’t imagine why lol) ;D

Much more effective to slag him/her in the press and if you are lucky like me, your local representative may send you a Christmas card. In my experience most politicians tend to adopt a 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer' approach to public life. PMs and Murdoch dinner parties being a classic case in point.

Anyway, I don’t believe my MP, Lib-Dem David Heath is worthy of my time on any matter because he was more than economical with the truth over his pledge on student tuition fees. Despite their pre-election promise he voted with the Tories - How could I trust him again?

Snowy
16-11-12, 09:44 AM

;D ;D ;D the bloody coucil will be there whatever the goons do---some gimps would change the name at our huge cost to somat loike Dickens Cider County Council arrrrrrrrr :P

irrelevant what 'law' ::) is applied---the council would continue.
Ever heard of a council disappearing thereby saving a veritable fortune :o

btw us mugs in Wiltshire have never recieved any kind of apology from that Scott woman over the scandalous waste and cost of employing an unemployed bloke at c. £190k plus house and overly generous perks then kicking him out and handing him nearly £500k :o :o of OUR money 18 months later

utterly disgusted these state employees can waste so much money with complete impunity----they even been handing out OUR cash to the workers to shock horror :o :o 'travel to temporary site' [c £200k] while they waste even more money on a 'new' 'campus' wtf!!!! ....even chucked out furniture cos mug taxpayer will buy new stuff for our lardarses

makes ya weep :'(

Col, I guess there's one part of one sentence in there that I can agree with you on ;D Can't tell you which one though :P ;)

Col
16-11-12, 10:16 PM
:-? Article about council handouts

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/council-spending/9514334/Councils-warned-as-hundreds-of-executives-receive-six-figure-golden-goodbyes.html

Utterly disgusting abuse and use of taxpayers money --completely indefensible >:(

The state easily acquired tax money trough has many noses in it >:(

Pointless writing to an MP about it either as they are well into the trough with generous short contract pension and perks

soz Hunar bit orf topic :-*--don't think councils yet spend our cash on dope---they take us lot for dopes tho' cos we keep paying >:(

Hunar
17-11-12, 09:20 AM
:-? Article about council handouts

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/council-spending/9514334/Councils-warned-as-hundreds-of-executives-receive-six-figure-golden-goodbyes.html

Utterly disgusting abuse and use of taxpayers money --completely indefensible >:(

The state easily acquired tax money trough has many noses in it >:(

Pointless writing to an MP about it either as they are well into the trough with generous short contract pension and perks

soz Hunar bit orf topic :-*--don't think councils yet spend our cash on dope---they take us lot for dopes tho' cos we keep paying >:(

The thing is chief is that everyone seems to say that there is no point writing to MP's / government and no point in protesting because they will do whatever they want and nothing changes, so you might as well not bother. I can see and understand their point totaly, I don't agree with it though.

Apathy for politics in this country is one of the biggest problems we face, and it's something that the politicians seem to rely more on. The reason they get away with so much is because we don't stop them, instead we moan about it on forums and in the pubs and say how bad and terrible it is, and something should be done, but most people don't take it any further because "there's no point". In the mean time our freedoms get eroded away, our politicians continue in the same self serving manner and the 'common person' gets squeezed to the hilt, while the wealthiest businesses and people exploit the loopholes left in place and USED by politicians to pay less tax than you, and in return leaving you to pick up a higher share of the tax bill.

There is no honesty in politics anymore, politicians will warp any facts, dodge any questions, make promises they can't keep and out right lie not to try and make the UK and the world a better place, but to keep themselves in power and increase their wealth.

You're probably right and there is little point in me doing it, but I'm not really expecting a serious reply from Justin, I'm sure he will answer the easy points and avoid the difficult ones, he normally does. I am also sending these letters to local media, and I hope that I can raise my political profile as a result. I would like to stand for local election, but that's actually quite expensive, so I need to raise my profile and thats what I am trying to do at the moment, it's not easy lol.

Hunar
17-11-12, 09:25 AM
this isn't the only letter I am sending him by the way...

I found a chap called Keith on facebook (search for keith ordinary guy on facebook and you will find him), who sends a letter everyday to david cameron. So I thought I would do something similar, although I probably couldntt afford to post a letter a day, I thought at least one a week or more if I can manage it. If I also send the letter to local media, then I might also get some interest to help raise my profile a bit. Worth a shot I thought.

Hunar
20-11-12, 02:41 PM
Second letter to Justin

http://www.facebook.com/notes/hunar-for-prime-minister/second-letter-to-justin-191192012/10151245317867310

Hunar
29-11-12, 05:57 AM
Third letter...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/hunar-for-prime-minister/third-letter-to-justin-might-have-to-go-to-more-than-one-a-week/10151253862637310