PDA

View Full Version : Dear Secretary of State

Pugwash
29-11-12, 12:55 PM
Dear Secretary of State,
My friend, who is in farming at the moment, recently received a cheque for £3,000 from the Rural Payments Agency for not rearing pigs. I would now like to join the “not rearing pigs” business.

In your opinion, what is the best kind of farm not to rear pigs on, and which is the best breed of pigs not to rear? I want to be sure I approach this endeavour in keeping with all government policies, as dictated by the EU under the Common Agricultural Policy.

I would prefer not to rear bacon pigs, but if this is not the type you want not rearing, I will just as gladly not rear porkers. Are there any advantages in not rearing rare breeds such as Saddlebacks or Gloucester Old Spots, or are there too many people already not rearing these?

As I see it, the hardest part of this programme will be keeping an accurate record of how many pigs I haven’t reared. Are there any Government or Local Authority courses on this? My friend is very satisfied with this business. He has been rearing pigs for forty years or so, and the most he ever made on them was £1,422 in 1968. That is, until this year – when he received a cheque for not rearing any.

If I get £3,000 for not rearing fifty pigs, will I get £6,000 for not rearing 100?

I plan to operate on a small scale at first, holding myself down to about 4,000 pigs not raised, which will mean about £240,000 for the first year. As I become more expert in not rearing pigs, I plan to be more ambitious, perhaps increasing to, say, 40,000 pigs not reared in my second year, for which I should expect about £2.4 million from your department. Incidentally, I wonder if I would be eligible to receive tradable carbon credits for all these pigs not producing harmful and polluting methane gases?

Another point: these pigs that I plan not to rear will not eat 2,000 tonnes of cereals. I understand that you also pay farmers for not growing crops. Will I qualify for payments for not growing cereals to not feed the pigs I don’t rear?

I am also considering the “not milking cows” business, so please send any information you have on that too.

In view of the above you will realise that I will be totally unemployed, and will therefore qualify for unemployment benefits.

I shall of course be voting for your party at the next general

election.

yours sincerely

Farmer Nick Brown.

Splash
29-11-12, 12:59 PM
;D ;D

Gooz
29-11-12, 03:26 PM
That is soo "not" priceless.

Pugwash
29-11-12, 04:14 PM
its hardly surprising that the French farmers dont want the European budget cut, in fact they want the biggest rise of all the EU members. The CAP is a farce and this would be funny if it were not so close to the truth>:( >:(

Rabb
29-11-12, 06:33 PM
I have considered not raising pigs on several occasions.
Usually I contemplate about a 1000 of them - where's my money?

Pugwash
30-11-12, 04:46 AM
the cheque is in the post.......not ::)

Col
30-11-12, 11:17 AM
The parasitic infestations that are living comfortably off peoples taxes and seeking to control everything --like those taff parasites the Kinnocks--continually invent tosh to justify their existence

bit like useless council executives and a multitude of pointless civil servants

That idiotic Labour mare Margaret Beckett cost US £millions by screwing up farm payments and then having to pay fines to the EU thieves for her debacle----never received an apology to the people from the useless bitch >:(
...the submissive and compliant Liebore filth paid the fines to their masters instead of refusing >:(

The EU scum were even handing out our money so that farmers wouldn't grow any crops >:(

They also hand over OUR money to rich people in deprived places like Cornwall :o so they can build holiday homes,do up their gaffs and get equipment with c. 50% subsidy :-?...rule is these rich people can't sell these properties for 3 years though ;D

Keep on paying ... I know you all enjoy having yer cash stolen from you to fund crap and let the political /civil service parasites enjoy a good living.

oh yeah by the way did you know that 3300 of these 'important' EU people get more cash than His Worshipfulness Camoron who is actually a country leader ..... bizarrely :P

Kevinb
30-11-12, 01:38 PM
Reading the paper at the weekend they had a bit about the last EU get together where Cameron told them we wouldn't pay any more in. Lunch was very nice even if they had to slum it with only £120 bottles of wine on offer :o