PDA

View Full Version : Floods!

redken1
21-11-12, 08:56 PM
Just took my daughter down to Asda to buy a pizza and the road was closed due to flooding.

BB
21-11-12, 09:13 PM
Just for a second I thought what! Asda Trowbridge???? then I checked where you lived! ;D

No pizza for tea then? :D

Hazel-nut
21-11-12, 09:45 PM
That's nothing new when it rains as much as it did last night and this morning! It happened not that long ago and someone was down there with a jet ski!

redken1
21-11-12, 09:49 PM
Ye that's right Hazel I remember - that area is a flood plain and Asda wants to extend. :-/

No Pizza tonight Judy :(

bubblylittleme
21-11-12, 10:50 PM
worst floods tonight were from melksham railway bridge through to shaw country hotel. very deep!

Jon_W
22-11-12, 08:12 AM
Is great. Have been splashing through the puddles on the GS! :D

redken1
27-11-12, 09:02 PM
The Carpenters sang "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down".

That's every day of the f*cking week then - and twice on a Monday. :-?

Geordie Stu
28-11-12, 10:20 AM
Roads are now getting back to Normal. Just be aware of the POT holes that may appear, due to water being trapped under the surface & any cold spell will freeze causing Pot Holes..... AGAIN

Kevinb
28-11-12, 01:25 PM
I thought people from Frome just kept their banjo above their head and used their webbed feet ::)

Can't talk really coming from TrowVegas ;)

Goldie
28-11-12, 02:31 PM
I thought people from Frome just kept their banjo above their head and used their webbed feet ::)

Can't talk really coming from TrowVegas ;)
um, I think it's a ukulele actually ;D

Ducatista
28-11-12, 04:40 PM
Have been splashing through the puddles on the GS!

On a recent deliberate "fjords" rideout I was told the GS's were terrible.
Can't remeber and I'm sure Jon will correct me but it might have been a low air intake or something like that.

Marmalade
28-11-12, 11:53 PM
Roads are now getting back to Normal. Just be aware of the POT holes that may appear, due to water being trapped under the surface & any cold spell will freeze causing Pot Holes..... AGAIN

Lawl. AGAIN?

The pot hole that i reported 3 months ago that nearly took me off and put a bloody great big dent in my back wheel is still there and growing.

Jon_W
03-12-12, 10:46 AM
Have been splashing through the puddles on the GS!

On a recent deliberate "fjords" rideout I was told the GS's were terrible.
Can't remeber and I'm sure Jon will correct me but it might have been a low air intake or something like that.

No.

As with most bikes the air intake is under the tank. The only risk is the crank sensor which is low down, but that can be sealed (it is on mine) and the bike can wade merrily. I took it through the Staverton Floods with no problems.