PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking!!!!

redken1
18-11-12, 10:44 PM
Gaza militants continue to fire rockets at Israel, with injuries reported in towns including Ashkelon and Ofakim. At least 26 people were reported to have been killed in Gaza by Israeli bombardments on Sunday. Of those, at least 14 were women and children, Gaza health officials said. :o :o :o: :'( :'( :'(

I know we have seen these horrific scenes in the past, but it never gets any easier to digest. I fear it could be much more serious this time with the instability in Egypt, the civil war in Syria, the Iranian situation and the current uncertainty of the whole of the Middle East region. :( :( :(

NoYou
18-11-12, 11:48 PM
No doubt its a terrible thing, but the bit you never hear about in the news, and the bit we shouldn't lose sight of, is that this has been going on for hundreds upon hundreds of years!

Its only now that we have the technology and ease of travel to be aware of it, and the fact that they now have rockets, bombs and guns to kill each other more effectively and with a considerable amount more noise, that we're actually taking any notice!

From time immemorial these nations have been raiding, murdering, pillaging, massacring, invading and just generally squabbling among themselves.

redken1
19-11-12, 06:54 AM
“Hundreds of years”? :-?

On May 14, 1948, the Jewish People's Council declared the establishment of the State of Israel

DC
19-11-12, 12:08 PM
http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/israel_stealing_palestine.jpg

Mitch9128
19-11-12, 12:28 PM
If it wasn't so terribly sad, then it might be funny that these people are one and the same, if their biblical stories are to be believed.

Crosbie
19-11-12, 01:41 PM

On May 14, 1948, the Jewish People's Council declared the establishment of the State of Israel

I think what G03 is getting at is since records began it would appear that area of the world has seen rule/leadership change evey 200 years on average each time resulting in wars lasting many years each time and even when the change of rule has happend it still has fleeting invasions. It is probably safe to say the area of modern day Palestine/Israel has never seen more than 20 years at a time of peace where mass blood shed hasnt hapened :( and probably never will as it houses sacred sites to atleast 5 different religions....

wiltshire builders
19-11-12, 04:04 PM

I think what G03 is getting at is since records began it would appear that area of the world has seen rule/leadership change evey 200 years on average each time resulting in wars lasting many years each time and even when the change of rule has happend it still has fleeting invasions. It is probably safe to say the area of modern day Palestine/Israel has never seen more than 20 years at a time of peace where mass blood shed hasnt hapened :( and probably never will as it houses sacred sites to atleast 5 different religions....
You're absolutely right but I can think of very few countries that haven't seen some form of conflict in the last 20 years. Be it an act of terrorism or a 'perfectly legitimate and in no way illegal invasion' of another country.
I imagine there were discussions going on in Israel regarding the British and their constant conflicts in Northern Ireland, The Faulklands, Sierra Leone, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Bosnia..........
'They're always fighting. Don't they want peace?'
I guess it just depends which side of the fence you're sat on and who's feeding you the information

Crosbie
19-11-12, 04:35 PM

You're absolutely right but I can think of very few countries that haven't seen some form of conflict in the last 20 years. Be it an act of terrorism or a 'perfectly legitimate and in no way illegal invasion' of another country.
I imagine there were discussions going on in Israel regarding the British and their constant conflicts in Northern Ireland, The Faulklands, Sierra Leone, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Bosnia..........
'They're always fighting. Don't they want peace?'
I guess it just depends which side of the fence you're sat on and who's feeding you the information
Indeed, very true and does depend on which side of the fence your on but i would add the conflicts you mention above are all different in why they happend, how they happend, how long they went on for etc. compared with the continual turmoil in Israel which is something different altogether. :-X

redken1
19-11-12, 06:38 PM
Apologies G3o, I misunderstood what you meant. :-[

Swanny
19-11-12, 06:42 PM
The people in control of Israel are evil

pilninggas
19-11-12, 07:05 PM
The people in control of Israel are evil
There was programme on C4 last week, showing Israeli defence civil servants running through a war-game between Israel and Iran.

The belligerent tone of the Israelis pretending to be Iranians, Americans and Palestinians was shocking. They seemed totally unwilling to show any restraint, and I thought their imagined response to an israeli-iranian conflict by the americans and the iranians was totally incorrect.

Hamas has a lot to answer for, but the way Israel conducts itself surely needs to be addressed by non-middle east countries.

Gerry
19-11-12, 08:29 PM
I have a sneaking admiration for the Israelis and the way they do things.
No messing about, no seeking permission from other countries, if they think something needs doing they do it, and when they do something it's with 100 percent commitment.

Can't help thinking that they wouldn't put up with mouthy terrorists living in their Country like we do.

redken1
19-11-12, 08:42 PM
When Russia and China vetoed a UN Security Council resolution calling for the Syrian president to step down earlier in the year, both the US and UK reacted furiously. Yet despite the fact that Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country in the history of the international organisation, both the US and the UK (all be it to a lesser degree) consistently back the Jewish state.

Israel has been occupying large areas of Palestine in breach of UN resolutions for fifty years. And will continue to do so in the knowledge that its biggest Ally and military sponsor ($3.075 billion next financial year for arms alone) the USA will veto any serious resolution, preventing any action being taken against them.

Is it any wonder that the UK’s record as a self-appointed peacekeeper in the region isn’t that great? For obvious reasons, the last person on planet earth who we should have appointed as our Middle East Peace Envoy is former PM Tony Blair.

Gerry, does that include constant shelling of residential areas? How can such action set them apart from the 'mouthy terrorists' you rightly condemn?

Gerry
19-11-12, 08:50 PM
From what I see, both sides are shelling each other but the Israelis are better at it !

redken1
19-11-12, 08:52 PM
From what I see, both sides are shelling each other but the Israelis are better at it !

Well they would be with the might of the US dollar behind them and IMHO there lies the problem.

wiltshire builders
19-11-12, 09:01 PM
Yet despite the fact that Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country in the history of the international organisation, both the US and the UK (all be it to a lesser degree) consistently back the Jewish state.

Who do you think put them there in the first place?

redken1
19-11-12, 09:09 PM
Yet despite the fact that Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country in the history of the international organisation, both the US and the UK (all be it to a lesser degree) consistently back the Jewish state.

Who do you think put them there in the first place?

Exactly Dan. The US involvement is a big part of the problem.

The whole region and beyond will never be stable until there is a solution to the plight of the Palestinian people.

Swanny
19-11-12, 09:23 PM
This is pure and simply genocide

Swanny
20-11-12, 04:29 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/18125_290365387748520_1876177692_n.jpg

Gerry
20-11-12, 05:00 PM
As the Israelis have killed about 100 in the last week (according the to BBC*) and there is an estimated 1.7 million people living in the Gaza Strip with an annual birth rate of approximately 3%, the Israelis are going to have to increase their killing by ten fold just to keep up !

It’s going to be the slowest Genocide in history :-?

And that’s conveniently forgetting the 183 million Egyptians, Syrians and Iraqis that surround Israel

G

PS. And my Grandad used to say never trust a man with a funny hat and a red beard ;)

Swanny
20-11-12, 05:51 PM
They are doing their best as fast as they can. Don't forget the Israelis are the invaders.

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/israel_stealing_palestine.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535486_427977913934309_1612333008_n.jpg

Swanny
20-11-12, 10:03 PM
Israeli F-16 attack destroys Egyptian houses

An Israeli strike destroyed houses on the Egyptian side of the border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip Monday.

A security source said that Israeli F-16 fired missiles at tunnels and houses adjacent to the border.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/israeli-f-16-attack-destroys-egyptian-houses

Swanny
20-11-12, 10:45 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/553946_497888940233289_1935192481_n.jpg

Mitch9128
21-11-12, 07:50 AM
Dr Shlomo Shmelzman, a holocaust survivor living in Israel wrote in an open letter to the Israeli press:

“In my childhood I have suffered fear, hunger and humiliation when I passed from the Warsaw Ghetto, through labour camps, to Buchenwald. I hear too many familiar sounds today, sounds which are being amplified by the war. I hear about ‘closed areas’ and I remember ghettos and camps. I hear ‘two-legged beasts’ and I remember ‘Untermenschen’ [subhumans]. I hear about tightening the siege, clearing the area, pounding the city into submission, and I remember suffering, destruction, death, blood and murder … Too many things in Israel remind me of too many things from my childhood”

Gerry if you think this isn't Genocide, did you know pregnant women and babies are dying at checkpoints. Palestinians are having their homes bulldozed (in some cases while still occupied) so that some fat Aussie can settle on their land. They are housed in closed areas, submitted to constant curfews and human rights abuses - in some cases shot by security forces for failing to submit ID cards. There have been instances of old women being executed while simply trying to get to hospital for chemotherapy treatment. This is an injustice on a scale that shames me as a human being. And still the world does nothing. And, conveniently, Palestine aren't recognised as a "State" by the UN.

redken1
21-11-12, 07:42 PM
I think Gerry’s attempt at drawing a comparison between which side in the conflict is the most effective in deploying its weaponry, epitomises the West’s lack of understanding of the situation in the region.

If a displaced Palestinian refugee fires a rocket in to Israel he/she is referred to as a ‘Terrorist’. If Israel fires a rocket into a heavy populated residential area in Gaza killing innocent women and children; “As a democratic sovereign state, Israel has the right to defend itself against the threat from terrorists in Gaza.”

Swanny
22-11-12, 09:02 AM
French resistance fighters would have been called terrorists by the Germans but heros by everyone else.

Mitch9128
22-11-12, 09:27 AM
Swanny we could go on forever, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. A sizeable part of my outlaws are from Cork, my father in law regularly used to tell me to tell anyone who asked, i worked for BT, not in the Royal Signals.

Squashed_Fly
22-11-12, 10:11 AM
Looks like we won't need to drop 'my nuke' on them, they're doing it to themselves!

Gerry
22-11-12, 12:02 PM
Squashed.. Welcome back (never thought I’d be saying that) ;)

This place has been soooo boring lately without you, if it wasn’t for Ken & Swanny trying to save the world (on a bike forum) ::) it would have slipped into a coma.

What we need is a good old row between you and one of your many adversaries on here. Suggested topic titles could be:

Are all track dayers just immature saddos ?

If I ever buy a cruiser - just shoot me !

All helmets over £65.00 are rip offs !

Tasselled waistcoats and patches rule !

Help with changing my tax disc please.

Is Trowbridge the new Beirut ?Etc etc…

Over to you mate [smiley=thumbup.gif]

G ;)

Squashed_Fly
22-11-12, 12:57 PM
Not sure how I'll fare, as I'm a touch out of practice, but here goes....

Are all track dayers just immature saddos ?
Just the ones with 1000cc race rep colour bikes and matching leathers, being overtaken by plain, knackered old CBR400s.

If I ever buy a cruiser - just shoot me !
Gerry, I've heard about your penchant for cruising. I must admit, when I looked it up on the urban dictionary, it wasn't the 2 week boat trip I first assumed - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cruising&defid=2580750

All helmets over £65.00 are rip offs !
Maybe, but Rossi rep ones WILL make you go faster.

Tasselled waistcoats and patches rule !
I assume this has something to do with your cruising habit? You really ought to stop before you get caught! :P

Help with changing my tax disc please.
Certainly. Douse yourself in petrol, then using a match to see where you need to unscrew your disc holder, commence removal. Once it's off you then need to AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Is Trowbridge the new Beirut ?
No, you have them the wrong way round. But both could do with nuking.

I hope that suffices for a start? Always happy to help! ;D

Trev
22-11-12, 04:27 PM
Squashed Fly & Gerry - for that hijacking of the thread does that make you forum terrorists? :-?

redken1
22-11-12, 06:22 PM
Aidan,

As much as I would find it so exhilarating engaging with you in a mature and sensible discussion on the non-bike topic of the week (world news coverage) on the purposely allocated non-bike section, I have a question.

If you have no interest in or find the thread boring or too serious why waste your time posting a load of bull**** completely off topic?

And Gerry come on. :-?

Gerry
22-11-12, 06:56 PM
;D ;D ;D Aiden - I love this place, I post a completely off topic post and you get all the flack for it 8-)

Ken, I can't possibly win an argument with people who are so easily lead with anti Israeli propaganda eg "There have been instances of old women being executed while simply trying to get to hospital for chemotherapy treatment"

People choose to believe in what they believe in (which is good) but simply copying & pasting what others write (or choose to make up) isn't really entering into an "mature and sensible discussion" like I know you like to do.

My original post wasn't about Gaza, but more about admiring a Country that does what it thinks is right for it's own people without looking over it's shoulder (like we do at times).

My sad confession is that I’m not really massively interested in Gaza (or anywhere out there really) as no amount of my saying “isn’t it bad or it’s not fair” is going to change anything. The waffle I write on here is just going to infuriate three or four people in Wiltshire and bore the rest of the people who read it by accident.
The sad thing is that you three or four that really enjoy mulling over the Arab / Israeli problem (or any other big national, international or intergalactic issue) aren’t going to make any difference either :(

I blame myself completely as I know I shouldn’t open a thread which I know is going to mildly annoy me (especially when I’m in an “easy to mildly annoy” mood) :-?

Now, about the this pesky West Lothian Question…..

;D

redken1
22-11-12, 07:32 PM
;D ;D ;D Aiden - I love this place, I post a completely off topic post and you get all the flack for it 8-)

Ken, I can't possibly win an argument with people who are so easily lead with anti Israeli propaganda eg "There have been instances of old women being executed while simply trying to get to hospital for chemotherapy treatment"

People choose to believe in what they believe in (which is good) but simply copying & pasting what others write (or choose to make up) isn't really entering into an "mature and sensible discussion" like I know you like to do.

My original post wasn't about Gaza, but more about admiring a Country that does what it thinks is right for it's own people without looking over it's shoulder (like we do at times).

My sad confession is that I’m not really massively interested in Gaza (or anywhere out there really) as no amount of my saying “isn’t it bad or it’s not fair” is going to change anything. The waffle I write on here is just going to infuriate three or four people in Wiltshire and bore the rest of the people who read it by accident.
The sad thing is that you three or four that really enjoy mulling over the Arab / Israeli problem (or any other big national, international or intergalactic issue) aren’t going to make any difference either :(

I blame myself completely as I know I shouldn’t open a thread which I know is going to mildly annoy me (especially when I’m in an “easy to mildly annoy” mood) :-?

Now, about the this pesky West Lothian Question…..

;D

Take on board your comments Gerry

I can’t speak for others on here, but in fairness if you look back at your own posts on this thread you have quoted numerous statistics to further your own argument. Pointless and futile for me to play tit for tat and accuse you of anti-Palestinian propaganda, so I won’t. :-X

You could be right about talking about these national/international issues won’t change the world order, but hey, the forum would most likely die a death if we all just talked about our favourite coloured bike. Personally if I have no interest in a topic or thread I don’t see the point in posting – that’s just me. ::)

The ‘West Lothian question’ will, along with the sovereign state of the United Kingdom be no more after 2014. Now that you mention it though, for the record, it is just Pro-Unionist propaganda. :P ;D

Hoping you cheered up 8-) :-*

Mitch9128
22-11-12, 08:01 PM

http://www.multaqa.org/access/inside.php?id=856

Just because it isn't reported in the Daily Mail, doesn't mean it doesn't happen Gerry.

Swanny
22-11-12, 08:19 PM
Do you own research if you want to know what's happening in the world because you certainly won't get it from the mainstream media

The world is a very different place to what your government wants you to think

Swanny
22-11-12, 09:11 PM
Amongst others I watch these sites

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/

http://www.naturalnews.com/index.html

Not saying I trust them but I look to see what they are talking about. I take anything I read in a paper or hear on the BBC with a very large pinch of salt

Squashed_Fly
23-11-12, 09:01 AM
Aidan,

If you have no interest in or find the thread boring or too serious why waste your time posting a load of bull**** completely off topic?

And Gerry come on. :-?

Erm..... Because I was asked to? And yes, before you ask, if Gerry asked - I would jump off a bridge! ;D

Jeez, there seems to be serious sense of humour failure of late around these parts... The world isn't al doom and gloom folks, despite what some of our forum members would have you believe - there's a billion things to be joyous and happy about!

Gerry
23-11-12, 10:38 AM
My world has turned upside down - I now find myself agreeing with Squashed Fly (and not just because of my newly found power over his free will) ;D

"there's a billion things to be joyous and happy about" Agreed [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Perhaps what we need is a new D&G Section (no, not Dolce and Gabbana) ;)

G :)

Snowy
23-11-12, 01:25 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the underlying politics and self beliefs within this thread started to mirror that found within the actual subject under discussion :o

And before anyone has a go at that statement, when I mean underlying politics, I'm not referring to the killings and bombings, I'm referring to the way people build their arguments and then justify them when brought under scrutiny and challenged. It could be interesting to look at the physocology of all this and draw parallels about how decisions can be made based on strong personal beliefs that are being defended whilst under attack from other factions with just as strong a belief as their own.

Or maybe not..........

Gerry
23-11-12, 03:38 PM
Great post Snowy, I agree :)

All I now have to do is to work out exactly what I'm agreeing to, although as you penned it, I'm sure it's correct and good sense. And you ride a BMW :)

G

Mitch9128
23-11-12, 05:05 PM
Ingerlish?

redken1
23-11-12, 07:45 PM
Ye, what is “physocology”? :-/

Hey guys, perhaps you are looking too deep in to this.

My political beliefs have nothing to do with my views expressed in this thread. Whether it is innocent Jewish or Muslim children and adults being murdered in this conflict, I feel the same heartbreak (topic title) watching the images on my TV screen. :'( :'( :'(

Again, my opinions criticising the US as a discredited independent peace-broker in the region are not based on my political beliefs, but on my interpretation of all the facts relating to its involvement. In light of the fact that the US is by a country mile the biggest military sponsor of Israel, a fair observation to make don’t you think?

Aidan,
Good to see you back
Of course it’s not all doom and gloom – the weather has been kind to us bikers of late. :P ;) ;D

Swanny
23-11-12, 07:55 PM
Quick honey the get me out of the jungle program is on

Swanny
23-11-12, 10:59 PM
http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/

Col
24-11-12, 11:50 PM
very simple solution to this nonsense-------nuke it and blacktop---job done :)

next problem :-?

Toph
24-11-12, 11:55 PM
when I was at school.. the RE teachers called this area "the holy land" :o :o :o

redken1
25-11-12, 08:17 AM

Col, would you allow the estimated 44,000 British citizens residing in Israel enough time to return home before you “nuke it”?

Next time you criticise a Muslim extremist living here for spreading their vile message of hatred, I shall remind you of this post.

As a matter of interest, is this what you were talking about Graeme (Snowy)?

Snowy
25-11-12, 08:44 AM

Col, would you allow the estimated 44,000 British citizens residing in Israel enough time to return home before you “nuke it”?

Next time you criticise a Muslim extremist living here for spreading their vile message of hatred, I shall remind you of this post.

As a matter of interest, is this what you were talking about Graeme (Snowy)?

I don't think I knew what I was talking about at the time I wrote it Ken ;)

It does appear to me that a lot of proposals to solve the problem include blowing the region to bits. Which reminds me of a George Bush Jnr solution.

Col
25-11-12, 02:02 PM
;D @ Snowy
Funnily enough bloke I help out has just come back from visiting family there.....nice beaches with some 'interesting' characters was the jist of his comments about it.

TBH the whys and wherefores of Israel/Palestine --Holy Land [Toph ;)]-- is literally a sore that continues to fester and has done for centuries. The creation of Israel is itself quite difficult to fully understand imho. Palestine has existed for centuries and why should it be 'removed/obliterated' ?

In a film the great muslim leader Salahadin was asked what Jerusalem was worth---'Nothing....[character stops and turns around] Everything'
Kinda sums it up for some.

So Ken as you seem so concerned about the area what is the solution ?

redken1
25-11-12, 08:29 PM
Will need to put a bit of thought into that question Col. There is no easy solution to the problem, but what I am certain about is that it will never be resolved by violence.

I believe that before peace negotiations between the warring factions can even get off the ground an international independent mediator, which is both recognised and acceptable to the Israelis and Palestinians, needs to be established. Not so sure the UN has the teeth or the confidence of either side to carry out the role with any effect. There are issues with regard to the composition of the permanent and non-permanent members of the UN Security Council.

Things just get a whole lot tougher through each stage thereafter and before the newly formed peacemaker could invite both sides to the negotiating table the following criteria would need to be met; the elected leaders of the Palestinians would need to denounce publicly all violence against Israel and especially Hamas, acknowledge the Jewish state’s right to exist.

In return, with immediate effect, Israel would need to lift the blockade and economic embargo which has been in force in Gaza since 2007. The Israelis would need to enter the negotiations without any preconditions attached in terms of territorial concessions and giving up control of the disputed territories.

Where we are now looks light years away from the possibility of a two state system in the region, where both sides can co-exist together enjoying peace and self-determination. That’s why I think the first step in establishing a truly independent mediator is so crucial.

An escalation of conflict and instability in the Middle East would probably lead to spiralling fuel prices in the West. Should such a desperate situation arise, just listen out for the cranking-up of the volume of concern from the petrol heads in the West. Why do you think the US has both fists stuck in the pie?

Just my opinions ::)

Col
25-11-12, 11:41 PM
TBH Ken -- your post is good and relevant but it is too deep a topic for a bike forum even from bunging in the odd flippant 'nukem' post ;)....

...you posted 'Will need to put a bit of thought into that question ' ... believe it Ken some of the finest 'brains' in the world has attempted to address the Jewish need for territory...it really does go back centuries even Alexander The Great had the problem as did the Persian empire and Rome..

..in recent history we British played a role in establishing Israel with the UN but the Arab nations have been very much against the establishment of a predominately Jewish state...for the Israelites to be at conflict with Palestinians over terriotory is quite difficult to fathom as the Jews are the ones who were given terriotory so their claims are in effect false and unsupported except that the US and UK seem to support them because they were the driving force behind the establishment of Israel.

Too deep, too complicated and too unsolvable Ken......let's talk about somat else as we will be going round in circles on this one...it is unfortunate people die but it has happened throughout the existence and nothing you say or believe will ever alter that it will continue so long as power is sought by groups/individuals and others oppose them.

phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needa beer ;)

redken1
26-11-12, 07:03 AM
TBH Ken -- your post is good and relevant but it is too deep a topic for a bike forum even from bunging in the odd flippant 'nukem' post ;)....

...you posted 'Will need to put a bit of thought into that question ' ... believe it Ken some of the finest 'brains' in the world has attempted to address the Jewish need for territory...it really does go back centuries even Alexander The Great had the problem as did the Persian empire and Rome..

..in recent history we British played a role in establishing Israel with the UN but the Arab nations have been very much against the establishment of a predominately Jewish state...for the Israelites to be at conflict with Palestinians over terriotory is quite difficult to fathom as the Jews are the ones who were given terriotory so their claims are in effect false and unsupported except that the US and UK seem to support them because they were the driving force behind the establishment of Israel.

Too deep, too complicated and too unsolvable Ken......let's talk about somat else as we will be going round in circles on this one...it is unfortunate people die but it has happened throughout the existence and nothing you say or believe will ever alter that it will continue so long as power is sought by groups/individuals and others oppose them.

phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needa beer ;)

Why ask me a direct question if you don’t want me to answer it Col? I’m confused. :-/

Are you saying that bikers are not intelligent enough to understand ‘deep’ and difficult global issues which affect us all in the 'global village'? :-?

Despite your claims, I think the number of reads on this thread shows that there is an interest in the subject matter.

Perhaps the moderators should consult with the membership to ascertain whether or not they wish to keep the Non-Bike Chat section on the forum? Or are you advocating censorship in relation to what topics/subjects are acceptable for discussion?

Whatever, I get the message and will say no more on the matter. :-X

We will enjoy a nice pint together at the party and have a deep chat about next year’s rides. :) :-*

Col
26-11-12, 10:03 AM
carry on with it---it's your thread afterall Ken :)

so.....where is any affect on us ? we used to be involved but no longer....you suggesting the UK gets embroiled in another conflict to try and stop the killings or what ?
They got Blair the peace envoy afterall :-?

Swanny
26-11-12, 06:45 PM
This could escalate in to a much bigger war
The powers that be are itching to start WW3

Snowy
26-11-12, 06:53 PM
This could escalate in to a much bigger war
The powers that be are itching to start WW3

Well at least that would bring an end to the doomsday protagonists and those of us left after the annihalation of 90% of the worlds population will be able to get on with our lives.

Swanny
26-11-12, 07:08 PM
Would cut back on the pension payments as well

redken1
26-11-12, 07:24 PM
Was it something I said? :D ;) ;D

I'll get my coat :D ;) ;D

Roll on the WB Christmas party :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Swanny
27-11-12, 07:59 PM
'An animated film showing the endless peoples who have killed each other over the eastern end of the Mediterranean, all of them insisting God gave that land to them.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

It tells the story of the wars in the land called Israel/Palestine/Canaan/the Levant, since the cavemen until today, all so musical and poetic.

redken1
28-11-12, 04:42 PM
The Palestinians plan to ask the United Nations to upgrade their diplomatic status to become a "non-member observer state" on 29 November 2012 (tomorrow)

Foreign Secretary William Hague has suggested the UK is likely to abstain in the key vote.

For those who follow the plight of the Palestinian people you will know that a vote in favour of a UN status upgrade will be seen as a positive step forward for the Palestinian’s ambition for statehood. It is sure to open a door of hope for the moderates to follow an alternative path to violence to achieve their ultimate goal of a free homeland.

Most observers believe the US will vote against the motion, reinforcing my view, which I expressed in an earlier post that the US cannot and should not be involved as an active member of any independent mediatory authority in the troubled region.

For those on here who appear to be concerned about my apparent bouts of gloomy mood-swings, I am :) :) :) and 8-) 8-) 8-)

And why wouldn't I be with Christmas just over 3 weeks away :D ;) :P

Scotty
03-12-12, 12:55 PM
I watched this film yesterday, Five Broken Cameras; (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/21/5-broken-cameras-review) a documentary filmed by a resident of a village in the Occupied West Bank, showing how the residents of Bil'in face up to and deal with having their land illegally grabbed and appropriated by Israeli settlers, how peaceful protest is met with tear gas grenades, live rounds, arrests, and even death. It chronicles their struggle for freedom and justice in the face of brutal oppression, having their property, land, lives and very existence erased by the occupying powers. I would defy anyone not to be moved by it.