PDA

View Full Version : Dog attack in Chippenham

Swanny
19-11-12, 05:09 PM
I was working in a house in Chippenham today, I had the window open and heard some screaming and swearing going on outside, so I went to see what was going on.
There was a white pit bull type dog with it's teeth locked into the back leg of a border collie. The pit bulls owner was led on top of his dog trying to get it off but it wouldn't let go, he was even punching it but nothing seemed to have any effect. The other dogs owner was hysterical and fell over hard on the floor, the poor collie was yelping in pain, the little girl from the house I was working in said the collie is very old and has bad back legs, poor thing.
Well eventually the pit bull owner got his dog away and walked off up the street, his hand and the dogs face was covered in blood.

I know it's not the dogs fault, it's down to bad dog handling. But why do people keep buying dogs that are known to be trouble if not controlled properly??

I so glad it never attacked my lab. >:(

Geordie Stu
19-11-12, 06:14 PM
Why wasn't the Pit Bull muzzled ?

BB
19-11-12, 06:32 PM
No offer to cover the vet fees for the collie?

Swanny
19-11-12, 06:38 PM
He looked and sounded very much like a drop out, so I don't expect she will see him again.

My dog was bitten one day while we were out along the canal, the dogs owner just said sorry and walked off, I didn't realise it at the time but he had a hole in him that cost me £80 by the time the vet had finished with him

In my opinion all suspect dogs should be muzzled

Mitch9128
19-11-12, 06:50 PM
Chippenham is full of these muppets with pit bull chav accesories, just stand in the high st on any afternoon and count the groups of wankers with them. There is a bloke i see regularly with 2 walking round not on leads, they **** everywhere and he walks off, what can you do?

Nelly
19-11-12, 07:05 PM
Chippenham is full of these muppets with pit bull chav accesories, just stand in the high st on any afternoon and count the groups of wankers with them. There is a bloke i see regularly with 2 walking round not on leads, they **** everywhere and he walks off, what can you do?

That little tosser lives down by me. Horrible little runt. >:(

wiltshire builders
19-11-12, 07:08 PM
Pitbulls are illegal in the uk. It's more likely a stafordshire bull terrier or a 'Staffy' if your knuckles drag on the groud.

I work in a lot of low cost housing and the scenario is usually like this:

Mum with child under 2, mouthy Dad/Boyfriend trying to impress me by running down the Mum, unemployed son that trudges downstairs around 11am,massive flat screen tv made by a company you've never heard of, heating set to a temperature that is only comfortable if you know you're not paying for it and the obligatory 'Staffy' that rarely gets taken out for a walk and gets shouted at for being in the way.
Some of the factors above vary from place to place but the one constant is a small child and a powerful, badly looked after dog.

Mitch9128
19-11-12, 08:19 PM

That little tosser lives down by me. Horrible little runt. >:(

Unless you're huge, he's not little, tattoos on his neck.

Mark_Able
19-11-12, 09:47 PM
It's not limited to Chippenham, believe me. I've had my lab attacked by these horrible bloody Staffy things too. Owning a dog that could potentially kill other dogs, or children, is not cool. You're not hard for owning one. And I don't get people who say they're lovely dogs. They're bloody ugly, and so are their owners. >:(

Lou
19-11-12, 09:53 PM
Just a quick word on this, apparently the best way to open the jaws is to put a lit lighter on the dogs nose, making it open its mouth.. not sure if this works but heard it on radio 2

Rabb
19-11-12, 10:24 PM
There is another way Lou - but unfortunately it involves putting a prominent finger where the sun don't shine. It does work (Yes I have done it a few years ago when a terrier took a dislike to my beautiful baby beagle Oscar)

I've never seen a dog release so fast !!!

Col
19-11-12, 10:30 PM
Should of got a spade/shovel to chop its head off then you could've got to the ****in dog better and chop its head off too

heads up for next time---which there surely will be---probably involving one of their kids or worse someone elses

Good idea LoU use a lighter after dousing the thing in petrol---yep reckon that'd be very effective

Only said the other day to someone about the numbers of them staffies about and that they are with dumblewits who shouldn't be in control of a fly :P

redken1
19-11-12, 10:35 PM
You are mellow tonight Col - wots up? ;) :D ;D

Col
19-11-12, 10:38 PM
;D ;D got work tomoz and not looking forward to it Ken as it will be a major battle scene---not for the squeamish---I usually end up injured in some way :'(

never mind could be worse ;D ;D

and also been writing for some legal headache that has been going on----is it all worth it --- :P

redken1
19-11-12, 10:46 PM
Never mind Col the spring is only a few months away. Lol ;) ;D

Sorry Swanny there I go again wandering of the trodden path.

Dogs, my son's collie puppy p*ssed all over my floor tonight - bless him! I would have stuck my lighter up his ar*e if I hadn't given up smoking. Only joking love him really.

Swanny
20-11-12, 08:59 AM
There is another way Lou - but unfortunately it involves putting a prominent finger where the sun don't shine. It does work (Yes I have done it a few years ago when a terrier took a dislike to my beautiful baby beagle Oscar)

A size 10 boot should work even quicker then :)

BB
20-11-12, 01:30 PM
Used to require a license to keep a dog, unless it was a proven working dog. Maybe ought to reinstate it.

Swanny
20-11-12, 06:07 PM
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417136_472058646170139_261986488_n.jpg

Scotty
21-11-12, 07:53 AM
I heard on the news this morning that a baby boy died in Telford yesterday after being mauled by the family's dog... When will these morons learn that you can't leave a dog, any dog, around a small child unsupervised?

Rabb
21-11-12, 09:00 AM

A size 10 boot should work even quicker then :)

Ive been around dogs all my life and have tried the boot method but it doesn't work Swanny - you end up with the dog not releasing still and you also rip the teeth in the other dogs wound making it worse. You also antagonise the aggressive dog further and they are even less inclined to release - trust me I have tried this method.

Rabb
21-11-12, 09:04 AM
Used to require a license to keep a dog, unless it was a proven working dog. Maybe ought to reinstate it.

I believe that some parents should have a license to reproduce.
I don't believe that licenses are the way to go with dogs - I think breeders should properly vet any owners and refuse to sell to those that are inappropriate.

8_ball
21-11-12, 09:32 AM
its a bad sign of the times 'these fighting dogs' are the new legal knife to take around on a lead (or not)
dog owners should be vetted ! any dog and all tagged. any dog attack should be reported by anyone that comes into contact with a attack, just like a fight in the street.......or the next person bite will be YOU.

Makes me angry,,,,,^&$%* dog owners.
they just seem to be **** machines worse than them there '**** hoggs' (seaguls).

It makes me cringe when I hear some kid has been attacked. I just want to go on my bike and shot the things (owners and dogs)

ummmmm, I'm now in a calm place , soft and fluffy.
Rant over, bad spelling says it all....sorry if I offend. If it was a person that walked down the street and just shot people,,,,would you say its because of his parents...? I wouldn't.... :-X

Mitch9128
21-11-12, 10:39 AM
I blame the womans contraceptive pill.

Rabb
21-11-12, 04:55 PM

I blame anyone who doesn't "wrap & pack it"

No actually I blame the government and the bankers (I think I got the first letter of bankers wrong - DOH!)

Mitch9128
21-11-12, 04:59 PM

I blame anyone who doesn't "wrap & pack it"

No actually I blame the government and the bankers (I think I got the first letter of bankers wrong - DOH!)

No, i meant all those hormones in the water, it has led to a generation of yoofs with small penis' that need a hard dog to protect them. As for pet owners in general, what is missing from their lives that they need 4 legged beasts to converse with?

Rabb
21-11-12, 05:00 PM
its a bad sign of the times 'these fighting dogs' are the new legal knife to take around on a lead (or not)
dog owners should be vetted ! any dog and all tagged. any dog attack should be reported by anyone that comes into contact with a attack, just like a fight in the street.......or the next person bite will be YOU.

Makes me angry,,,,,^&$%* dog owners.
they just seem to be **** machines worse than them there '**** hoggs' (seaguls).

It makes me cringe when I hear some kid has been attacked. I just want to go on my bike and shot the things (owners and dogs)

Dogs are good in the right hands.

Personally some of the individuals I have met recently with dogs I wouldn't put them in charge of themselves (they have the intellectual quotient of about 60) bearing in mind that an imbiscile would be above this level (about 80)
ummmmm, I'm now in a calm place , soft and fluffy.
Rant over, bad spelling says it all....sorry if I offend. If it was a person that walked down the street and just shot people,,,,would you say its because of his parents...? I wouldn't.... :-X

redken1
21-11-12, 05:47 PM

I believe that some parents should have a license to reproduce.
I don't believe that licenses are the way to go with dogs - I think breeders should properly vet any owners and refuse to sell to those that are inappropriate.

What makes you think that dog breeders are qualified to sit judgement on others?

Are all the dog breeders breeding dogs out of their love of animals or to make money?

redken1
27-11-12, 09:49 PM
Was just reading this article and thought I would share. Who would have thought that being a Posty could be such a risky job? 3'000 is hell of high number of attacks. :o

The Royal Mail have today pledged to take 'robust' action in defending their postal workers against attacks from dangerous dogs.
The moves follow the publication of an independent inquiry into dog attacks on postmen and women, after the Royal Mail said more than 3,000 were set upon in 12 months.

For Sheffield postie Paul Coleman, the tough new measures can't come soon enough.

The 44-year-old father of two was on his rounds in South Yorkshire five years ago when he was set upon by two bulldog terriers, who mauled him for 15 minutes.

Paul, a postman for 17 years, was dragged to the ground by the two vicious animals, who clamped their jaws onto a leg each and subjected him to a terrifying attack.

Richzx10r
07-12-12, 09:08 AM
All dogs are dangerous. Some able to inflict more harm than others. Only way forward is to have a dog licence. And I'm an owner of two dogs by the way. My parents have a rescue Staffie and she is lovely. Then again my parents have a brain so why shouldn't she be a good dog. Others have touched on the topic of stop certain human beings reproducing. That's the only way to prevent idiots owning dogs and many other social issues. But that's another topi all together.

NiteW4tcher
07-12-12, 05:51 PM
we have problems with chavs and staffys here :(

ive had lads come up to me whilst waking my akita, they have stated there staffy would "smash up" my akita

to which i just laughed and said your obviously as stupid as you look.

and walked away...i got a barage of abuse, they threatened to let there dog off the lead............they did aswell.......there dog ran in the opposite direction and smelt a tree ;D.

all dogs are capable of being dangerous!! alot is down to ownership and training.