PDA

View Full Version : Comet Trowvegas

silly_simon
05-12-12, 09:52 PM
The wife will be made redundant as of this weekend due to Comet (opposite McD's) in Trowbridge closing its doors :( :(

So their is 50 % or more discount on the remaining stock :o

Same goes for the Chippenham store :o

Sad news as the trowbridge store has been open only 2 & a bit years :'(

BB
06-12-12, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear about the missus losing her job. Fingers crossed she gets a better one very soon :)

B

pluggedinpete
06-12-12, 10:03 AM
Bad news mate, horrible time if year to be looking for a job too.... Dunno what the story with Comet is, they have always seemed to struggle in that marketplace, compared to currys.

QB1
06-12-12, 10:36 AM
The wife will be made redundant as of this weekend due to Comet (opposite McD's) in Trowbridge closing its doors :( :(

So their is 50 % or more discount on the remaining stock :o

Same goes for the Chippenham store :o

Sad news as the trowbridge store has been open only 2 & a bit years :'(

Thanks for posting that Simon and so sorry to hear your wife is loosing her job.

Kevinb
06-12-12, 01:21 PM
Yes as with others sorry to hear about your wife loosing her job.
Yet another retail premises empty.

pluggedinpete
06-12-12, 04:23 PM
Good place for a cinema though innit? ;)

Mitch9128
06-12-12, 04:58 PM
Or a KFC, where's the bloody KFC that was promised when Focus went?

silly_simon
06-12-12, 05:02 PM
Mitch they have built the KFC :)

QB1
06-12-12, 05:54 PM

It's just across the carpark been there for quite a while now.

They built a new building for it.

The old Focus is B&M/Home Bargains/something similar.

pluggedinpete
06-12-12, 06:19 PM
Indeed, Chav-shops as I like to call them! ;) (not meaning you have to be a chav to shop there, just saying that most of their customers are Chavs... not all, just most!)

;)

Swanny
06-12-12, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife and all the other staff losing their jobs

They have one, first week or so of its opening some customers went down with food poisoning.
I wouldn't eat that siht even if it was free ;D

Dabz
06-12-12, 06:28 PM
Just picked up a decent Hoover, 50% off, for the office, an absolute steal. I asked the chap serving if they got staff discount on top of the 50% sale and he said come had abolished staff discount a couple weeks ago. Absolutely disgraceful way to treat staff from what I've read and heard :/

Almost snapped up a MacBook Air that I can neither afford nor need, but apple kit was only 20% off not 50%

Scotty
06-12-12, 06:56 PM
**** me, your aspirations are somewhat lofty aren't they?

Mitch9128
06-12-12, 07:12 PM
I think i'm confused, i meant here in Chippenham :) I haven't had one in years, since i left Lahndun i think :)

QB1
06-12-12, 07:14 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mitch9128
06-12-12, 07:27 PM

A KFC would lift Chippenham from the cess pit of ****test town in the country, to the heady heights of ****test town in the south.

Swanny
06-12-12, 07:49 PM
Don't be silly Trowbridge has both of those titles ;D

redken1
06-12-12, 07:50 PM
Just picked up a decent Hoover, 50% off, for the office, an absolute steal. I asked the chap serving if they got staff discount on top of the 50% sale and he said come had abolished staff discount a couple weeks ago. Absolutely disgraceful way to treat staff from what I've read and heard :/

Almost snapped up a MacBook Air that I can neither afford nor need, but apple kit was only 20% off not 50%

Ye I bought one today too James. 50% was a good deal - we needed a new one anyway and that's my wife's main Christmas pressie purchased. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Served by a beautiful lady married to a chap called Simon – hope I didn’t get you in to trouble and thanks for the tip Simon. :-[

Mitch9128
06-12-12, 08:31 PM
Don't be silly Trowbridge has both of those titles ;D

Pah they have a KFC :'(

Col
06-12-12, 08:56 PM
'Nam gotta Wetherspoons so has The Sham chavtastic 8-)

Dabz
06-12-12, 08:59 PM
Trowvegas has 2 spoons :p

Splash
07-12-12, 12:37 PM

Ye I bought one today too James. 50% was a good deal - we needed a new one anyway and that's my wife's main Christmas pressie purchased. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Very good idea, written that one down for future reference! ;)

Kevinb
07-12-12, 01:19 PM
Mucky D's and a KFC. I didn't know you could fit so much C*ap into such a small area

Pugwash
07-12-12, 01:33 PM
having recently moved to trowbridge do I take it from these most excellent reviews that I have infact moved into the boil on the bum of humanity or a very nice town to extend ones roots. In fact ;D or :'( in a nutshell?

Dabz
07-12-12, 02:27 PM
I love trowbridge personally, and lots of greta new things to come in 2013 - cinema, nandos, prezzo! I don't think it's any worse than any other town

Pugwash
07-12-12, 03:07 PM
Having just settled there I really like it too. Much cleaner than many places I have lived.

Beamer
07-12-12, 05:13 PM
I moved to Trowbridge after growing up in Swindon for my first 16 years.
I have lived in Westbury and Melksham (for short bursts) and of all the places Ive lived Trowbridge has to beat the top of the list to be honest :) :)

Swanny
07-12-12, 06:25 PM
20,000 Poles can't be wrong ;D

Geordie Stu
07-12-12, 08:00 PM
Trowbridge the County town of Wiltshire. Can some explain why the area STD is 01225 & Post code BA. Same as Bath which is a different county Avon / Somerset