PDA

View Full Version : 2012

Nelly
08-12-12, 09:42 AM
Just thought it might be a bit of fun to look back at 2012.

Some notable memories from include 18th March and getting up at 5am to be at Hullavington airfield for 6am to help set up facilites for the ride of respect. A pure shock to find fog and ice was the order of the day at that time. A bloody freezing ride out there but the sun finally come out for a while. One of the first on the airbase and one of the last off the base. Which was nice because the nice squaddie turned his back whilst i flew down the runway on the Z1000 on my way out.

April. The humoungus bun run! What a great day.

That fantastic ride to Lyme Regis on 13th May. Beautiful blue skys all the way. 8-)

Getting really really really wet on the way to Wales on 16th June. The memory of riding down the M4 in that torrential rain will live with me forever. Jacdes face as she conquered the old severn crossing, priceless. Swanny drying his knackers in the service station in wales with the hand dryer. NOT so priceless ;D

Tophs ride to Swanage last month. Terrific.

On the down side....
Did it rain at all during the summer?
Seemed like there were millions of events, rides, meets and the like hit by the wettest summer on record. Cant be so bad next year can it?

Over to you guys

Wes
08-12-12, 10:04 AM
Generally its been a good one, attended more WB events, castle coombe was a really good day out, as was the porlock trip and the Salisbury run :). Going to watch the moto gp at Silverstone with my dad for his 80th was brilliant.
Also a big thanks to all involved with my first trackday at Llandow, it was a blast and i really enjoyed it. A few good ride outs to the Weston bike night, the Paignton bmad festival in may, and my run the hill effort at the Prescott bike festival :)

Col
08-12-12, 10:50 AM
Been **** on a personal level--nuff said--nowhere near finished with either-2013 could easily be as bad..and heaven hope not but even worse :(

Pugwash
08-12-12, 11:21 AM
came back to the UK from New Zealand. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Bought a house in Trowbridge. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Joined the WBs and hope to have a jar or two with you in 't' pub. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
stuck beside a man with the worlds worst BO on a flight from Bangkok to London and nowhere to hide [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Forgot how expensive bike insurance is here [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Coming home on tuesday with the prospect that Bristol airport may be shut down by snow [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Conehead
08-12-12, 11:50 AM
Mine has been good

Got a bike 14 years after giving up due to girlfriend at the time.
Got Married.
My first child starting school.
Second child being christened.
Did the Porlock trip which was my first ever ride with WB and met some really nice people.
Did 'Hoggin the Bridge', the first ride I have ever done that was really enjoyable even though I broke down and needed my wife to rescue me.

Thats it I think.

Swanny
08-12-12, 03:04 PM
T'was a good year [smiley=thumbup.gif]

The run to Wales was brilliant because of all the rain :D

DC
08-12-12, 04:13 PM
Was a pretty good year really, despite losing 2 biking months due to a rather unfortunate incident that I dont want to repeat any time soon !!! :) But more than made up for it with almost a fortnight Dwarfed by Scottish mountains !!! 8-)

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/Scotland%202012/200820121186.jpg

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/Scotland%202012/210820121198.jpg

Senna(Dan)
08-12-12, 11:02 PM
Well it has been a good year again for me.
Biggest thing is finding Wiltshire Bikers and I have got Pilningas to thank for that. Cheers Merv :D
Did the Bun Run and what an experience that was, great ride down to the lake and then my first attempt at back marking on the ride home.
Bought my F4 Senna, she isn't your typical Italian and is now ready for next year after 4 months out of the country!
The ride down to Lyme Regis was great, the food and the return trip did nothing for my health though.

Bring on 2013 and many more fun filled miles!

Jon_W
09-12-12, 05:32 PM
Hmm....

Won 4 rowing races. Lost to the Welsh, Uk under 21 and Russian squad boats (only just lost against the Russians). Started number 10 at one of the biggest races in the UK rowing season.

Motorcycling....

....barely rode the SV. Spent most of it fixing the cub's ignition and the GS has chosen the end of the year to pack up! On the plus side, had a great rise to weston and Crofton coutesy of the VOC, bought the Matchless and managed some excellent flood wading!!!!

Bonnielass
09-12-12, 05:43 PM
First part of 2012 was good!

Fabulous rideouts with lovely people, loved Wales trip, will always remember us all dripping in the service station and the lady coming out with the mop and wet floor sign! ;D

The Cornwall, shall we, shall we not, camping trip! ::)

Buying a new Bonnie! Then not being able to ride due to broken wrist....twice!! :( :(

Roll on 2013, it can only get better!! :) :)

Gooz
09-12-12, 07:01 PM
Well ive had a stonking good year, work was crappy as always but bike style well, truely amazing, thanks mainly to................ you guys :) ( would hug each and everyone of you but im a bit stinky after our renagade hoonies back from cheddar,..................... Ride of respect awsome, Ride to the wall fantastic, Hogging the bridge again an erm experience............. Santas on a bike was fun, a few repatriations to brize norton, oh yes not to mention........Russia, Germany Nurburgring, Italy Monza, Spain, Belgium , Assen, France and Swizerland then Lake Garda, countless Wb rides aswell as Legion, I am really feeling it though but as already said, it "could possibly " be the end of my riding this year so I fully intended to enjoy it, I think ive done that, as for the rain...............well at least it helps get the flies off your visor :) fingers crossed for 2013 but 2012 aint over yet guys. and im praying for shaved discs not pinned till then > stay lucky but go careless.

Splash
09-12-12, 07:58 PM
Was a pretty good year really, despite losing 2 biking months due to a rather unfortunate incident that I dont want to repeat any time soon !!! :) But more than made up for it with almost a fortnight Dwarfed by Scottish mountains !!! 8-)

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/Scotland%202012/200820121186.jpg

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/Scotland%202012/210820121198.jpg

Loving the Pics Andy, memories are flowing again.

Met some more great WB's, got out on some more rides than I did in 2011, IOW trip which was awesome both crazy golf and the swimming... for those of you that braved it ;)

2012 - Made my first solo trip, can't wait to get back out, Europe is next!

Here's to the rest in 2013 :D

Trev
09-12-12, 08:05 PM
2012 been good so far both on and off the bike, not over yet and plenty to cover business wise before the end of the month.
As always never managed to get as much time on a bike as I would have wanted but had some memorable rides and added a couple of bikes to the stable - some quicker than others ;D
For 2013 looking to catch up with some WB'ers, add another trackday (or two), get more than long weekends in Europe, have all my bikes road worthy and available - stay sunny side up.
Keep it safe and fun, have a great Christmas and New Year to all WB'ers ;)

Nico_babe
09-12-12, 09:05 PM
Great start to 2012 but turned sour half way through. Roll on 2013! A new year and a new page :)

;D ;D ;D AND hopefully more SUN!

bubblylittleme
09-12-12, 09:53 PM
Agree with last couple of comments... Great first half.

Boy was I glad I was in the car for the Saturday of the Wales trip but when Sunday dawned beautiful I wished I was on my bike!!! Great weekend though.

Then Cornwall in the car again!! but helped driving others around too. Another great weekend!!

Then nothing until just recently when tried to ride bike again....neck is still causing too much pain.

ROLL ON 2013!