PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Documentary of an Uncertain Future

Swanny
15-12-12, 02:55 PM
This documentary is a people's history of the last two years presented in chilling and dramatic raw news footage. A chronological compilation of unprecedented and record breaking earthquakes, storms, and UFOs. Strange sounds heard worldwide and unusual global unrest. Extreme weather and mass media UFO sightings, what should we expect in 2013? At the end, a possible connection is proposed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN9EEH3979A

Snowy
15-12-12, 03:27 PM
Why stop at just two years? Go back two centuries and you will find a common thread. Is the last two years really any worse than any other period?

Record breaking and unprecedented? Which record breaking UFO and earthquake events are they referring to? I will apologise upfront - I didn't bother playing the video.

Swanny
15-12-12, 03:40 PM
The music is a bit dramatic but it was quite interesting, some of the stuff has been proven to be hoaxed.

Which record breaking UFO and earthquake events are they referring to?
Watch it and see :P

Bonnielass
15-12-12, 03:42 PM
I suppose I shouldn't comment on a documentary that I haven't watched but there is always someone preaching dome and gloom!! Do I have my head in the sand...? Yes I do!! As I can't do anything about what happens in the world or outside it I would rather live in ignorance!

Snowy
15-12-12, 05:14 PM
I suppose I shouldn't comment on a documentary that I haven't watched but there is always someone preaching dome and gloom!! Do I have my head in the sand...? Yes I do!! As I can't do anything about what happens in the world or outside it I would rather live in ignorance!

I think its more to the point that you haven't got your head in the sand Rosie.... life's for living not spending your time waiting for it to end. we can't do much about earthquakes but I'll have a word with my two headed friends and see if they can be a bit more discreet :D ;D

Swanny
15-12-12, 05:32 PM
It's not about the future, it's not someone preaching doom and gloom, it's not anything about the end of the world, it's just a few clips showing some strange events from around the world over the past couple of years.

Snowy try watching it instead of your daily dose of Coronation St ;)

Swanny
15-12-12, 05:33 PM
Actually don't bother watching it it would be a waste of your time :P

Snowy
15-12-12, 05:48 PM
Actually don't bother watching it it would be a waste of your time :P

I agree, especially considering the download speeds I have to endure ;D ;)

Snowy
15-12-12, 05:51 PM
It's not about the future, it's not someone preaching doom and gloom, it's not anything about the end of the world, it's just a few clips showing some strange events from around the world over the past couple of years.

Snowy try watching it instead of your daily dose of Coronation St ;)

Its the intro on your original post that set the tone:

" A chronological compilation of unprecedented and record breaking earthquakes, storms, and UFOs. Strange sounds heard worldwide and unusual global unrest. Extreme weather and mass media UFO sightings, what should we expect in 2013?"

What time is Corrie on? :D

Swanny
15-12-12, 05:58 PM
The intro came from below the video.
The record breaking earthquake he/she is referring to is the one they had in Japan.
226 tornadoes in 24hrs in Southern USA etc

Sorry can't help you with the Corrie times, I don't have a tele :)

Snowy
15-12-12, 06:18 PM
The largest earthquake (since 1900) was in Chile in 1977.

The one you refer to is the fourth biggest, again since 1900 ;)

Swanny
15-12-12, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the update I stand corrected

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/10_largest_world.php

Actually the one in Chile was 22nd May 1960

Some people say that the earthquake in Japan wasn't actually an earthquake but a nuclear device detonated just off the coast ;)

Snowy
15-12-12, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the update I stand corrected

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/10_largest_world.php

Actually the one in Chile was 22nd May 1960

Some people say that the earthquake in Japan wasn't actually an earthquake but a nuclear device detonated just off the coast ;)

I stand corrected ;D

Any US or Russian submarine's gone missing lately?

Swanny
15-12-12, 06:34 PM
Sorry can't help you there but if I hear anything I'll let you know :)

Kevinb
16-12-12, 12:33 PM
Good reason to get on your bike and enjoy life. If the world is going to end you might as well kiss your a*rse goodbye having fun

Swanny
16-12-12, 02:37 PM
The worlds not going to end for a very long time (long after humans have wiped themselves out) but every opportunity to ride should be taken 8-)

redken1
17-12-12, 08:23 PM
Swanny, just as well the country didn’t adopt an ‘I’m getting on with my own life because I can’t change things’ attitude when Hitler invaded Poland in 1939. If the people living on the planet can’t change things then who can?

It is only my personal view and a general one that a lot of the problems in the world exist because too many of its inhabitants live lifestyles without any regard for future generations. It angers me when I hear large sections of the media and society demonise and vilify our younger generation. They cannot be held responsible for the banking collapse, bankrupt Europe, current conflicts, global warming etc.

I believe I can have an enjoyable life living it to the full without forgetting that I have a duty and responsibility as a caretaker/guardian of the planet to protect it and at least try and maintain it for future generations.

Snowy
18-12-12, 09:24 AM
Can't see how there's much we can do about natural disasters and UFO's. My point, which admittedly was purely made against the intro on the post is that history is swamped with examples of such disasters and the last two years is not exceptional in that regard. I don't think anyone was drawing parallels to the start of the second world war but hindsight is a wonderful thing as I'm sure Chamberlain would agree.

For what its worth, I believe very strongly that "life" in whatever form that is, exists outside of our own environment, man walked on the moon and the twin towers were built with explosive charges to bring the buildings down in a controlled fashion should the need arise which unfortunately it did.

redken1
18-12-12, 10:09 AM
Graeme, my post was a general one and not really directed at anyone on here. You are right about UFO’s though - not so sure we can’t do anything about natural disasters – I suppose it depends on how you define ‘natural disasters’ and to what extent you believe that global warming is impacting on the earth’s ecological balance.

In fairness to you Graeme, I did veer from the beaten track on this thread. :-[

Snowy
18-12-12, 10:43 AM
Global warming can be attributed to both "man made" and "natural" causes which is why its a topic open to interpretation. The earth has a long history of cyclic events that changes the environment and these climatic changes will continue for thousands of years to come.

However, the human race is adding to this change and also making it skew off to a different angle than nature would have otherwise intended. Its in these areas that we have decisions to make as to how it affects our childrens future.

Swanny
18-12-12, 10:56 AM
I'm glad I'm an old git and on my way out, I feel sorry for those just coming in