PDA

View Full Version : Weight for it!!!!

redken1
20-12-12, 08:22 AM
Yesterday I was telling a female relative that my cousin’s wife has just given birth to a baby girl. On hearing the good news, what do you think the relative’s 1st question was?

‘What is her name?’ No. ‘Was she fit and healthy?’ No.

She asked me, “How much did she weigh?”

How the bloody hell would I know and in the grand scheme of things what relevance is that to the rest of her life.

Oh ye remember my 1st day at school; ‘How much did you weigh at birth Kenneth?’

1st request to a girl in a nightclub for a dance; ‘Yes would love to dance with you Ken, but how much did you weigh at birth?’

1st job interview; ‘You obviously have the necessary skills for the position Mr Glass, but how much did you weigh at birth?’ :D ;D

Ducatista
20-12-12, 09:35 AM
and in the grand scheme of things what relevance is that

If you had a vagina you might be interested ;D

Seriously though most people understand it to be an important indicator of health not just at birth and in childhood, but in aulthood as well. I'm not in a position to discuss the epidemiological merits of that argument.

redken1
20-12-12, 10:04 AM

Seriously though most people understand it to be an important indicator of health not just at birth and in childhood, but in aulthood as well. I'm not in a position to discuss the epidemiological merits of that argument.

Ducatista

I very much hope my post didn’t come across as sexist as was only intended as a light hearted look at the female gender’s apparent obsession with birth weight. :-[

I’m still none the wiser after reading your post.

I do understand the relevance and importance of birth weight in terms of an individual’s medical records and future health care.

But, my question is usually met with, a rolling of the eyes, a shrug of the shoulders, followed by, “Oh! Shut-up you’re a man, what the bloody hell do you know“ ;D

Good advice me thinks – I’ll ‘shut-up.’ Lol ;) :-X ;D

Snowy
20-12-12, 10:31 AM
I was 9lb 4oz at birth.... :o ;D

redken1
20-12-12, 10:59 AM

Well done Graeme for dispelling “The best things come in small packages” myth. :D ;) ;D

QB1
20-12-12, 11:04 AM
I’m still none the wiser after reading your post.

Heavy baby = wide load = more PAIN ;D ;D ;D ;D

Made my eyes water when another lady I was in hospital with years ago gave birth to a 12llb baby. :o :o

Snowy
20-12-12, 11:12 AM

Well done Graeme for dispelling “The best things come in small packages” myth. :D ;) ;D

My mum's never forgiven me ;D ;D

Interestingly, the birth weight of each of my children went up each time..... make of that what you will ;D

wiltshire builders
20-12-12, 11:15 AM

Ducatista wins the internet!

QB1
20-12-12, 11:31 AM

Ducatista wins the internet!

;D ;D ;D

Dabz
20-12-12, 11:46 AM
if it's a case of weight = pain then why ask something easier? A weight is hard to remember...surely "how's mother, baby and fanny?" would be quicker and easier?

QB1
20-12-12, 11:54 AM
if it's a case of weight = pain then why ask something easier? A weight is hard to remember...surely "how's mother, baby and fanny?" would be quicker and easier?

Maybe not as subtle though ;) ::) ;D

redken1
20-12-12, 12:00 PM
And for the record, I am interested in ‘vaginas’

Although not a Gynaecologist, I'm always available to have a look!!!

:o :D ;) ;D

Geordie Stu
20-12-12, 01:02 PM
The female of the species have their own little ego thing about how big of a baby they can carry big like blokes & the size of the P***s. It's a woman thing.
::) ::) ::)

QB1
20-12-12, 01:11 PM
The female of the species have their own little ego thing about how big of a baby they can carry big like blokes & the size of the P***s. It's a woman thing.

Its not an ego thing at all......us ladies have sympathy for those who've given birth to a big baby.

Geordie Stu
20-12-12, 01:13 PM

Its not an ego thing at all......us ladies have sympathy for those who've given birth to a big baby.

Perhaps a sympathy vote for woman giving birth to large babies....! ::)

Col
23-12-12, 12:51 AM
I've always found the fat ones very grateful and easier :)