PDA

View Full Version : Mens health vol2

wheelers
18-12-12, 08:06 PM
following on from the other load of b@lls, I would like to add my tuppence.
working nights for many years life just ran its course, on reflection my foreman remarked I was looking tired when he came in at 6am... I had 2 small spots on my neck in the December like a small spot, the following March they were around 6mm diameter. by July after numerous scans, jabs and tests neck and thyroid cancer was diagnosed. its now 2 years since they first appeared, 3 ops ( 14 hours) of surgery, 4 doses of radio iodine later and its still in debate if another op is needed or another dose. other than overdosing on tramadol Im still here. stops you doing your helmet up for a few months!!
any lumps get them checked out
AND FINALLY
make sure you have critical illness and death cover or you will get screwed by your bank like I did, the mortgage protection needs looking at the small print. anything over 12 hours back at work and they stopped paying out.

Morticia
21-12-12, 12:23 PM
Jeez, not good! You ok bud?

SupeRDel
21-12-12, 01:03 PM
Sort out critical illness cover when you are young. If you are over 50 it will probably cost you over 100 quid a month.

Plus check any insurance very carefully. If you ride a motorbike - you will not be covered.
That can also include life insurance cover if you have a mortgage.

Col
22-12-12, 08:27 PM
uhhh!!!??? 'If you ride a motorbike - you will not be covered.' :-?

you'll have to explain that Del :)

All very well for those in their twee little worlds of 'I can have that and I can have this' but some people can't have all the luxuries you seem to think everyone has :P

Maybe possible to assist all without having to pay for insurances in a properly run and fair society which after c 2000 years of 'society' happening isn't a reality sadly due to selfishness,piss poor planning and the promotion of self serving imbeciles to government position aided and financed by the people who have unknowingly under the guise of democracy been shafted right from the start by devious ne'er dowells who started adding to 'laws/powers' for all their kind that follow to continue feeding from the trough :(

Not the first time I'd heard/read about somat like what Wheelers has been going through ..main thing is yer still here dude so enjoy yer turkey and Christmas ..party on ;)

wheelers
23-12-12, 06:32 PM
jinxed family,,

adding to this my eldest had a bike accident and is now paralysed, his 675 was written off and still had to pay for it, along with loosing his job/income, also the wifes cousins husband has been off work for months after being diagnosed with leukemia, being a hgv driver and classic bike rider he is currently unemployed and has just had his house handed over to housing association and been told if they want to get rid of the mortgage they have to declare themselves bankrupt, with a small son and another on the way next week, he wishes he had cover of some sort.

Ducatista
23-12-12, 09:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

but some people can't have all the luxuries you seem to think everyone has

That's about choices. Whatever level of income you have you need to cut your cloth to suit.
Personally I'd rather have a smaller house and be protected against death/accident/sickess etc. rather than spend the absolute maximum level of income on outgoings and leave no contingency.
That's a choice that most of us have, when we buy stuff.

redken1
23-12-12, 11:18 PM
For most people it’s not always that easy to ‘cut your cloth to suit’ when you have no control over rising costs which outstrip your income in a very short space of time. What I’m trying to say is what you budget for today may change tomorrow due to circumstances which you have no influence over.

One example: an inflation linked rise in the state pension will not cover the on average 10 per cent rise in fuel costs. Pensioners have no control over other inflation busting rises they need to deal with, or a cut in the heating allowance.

I don’t think there is much cloth left to cut when you are forced to make a choice between turning your heating on or eating.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Wheelers.

A close member of my family was involved in a serious accident 3 years ago and has been unable to work as a consequence. I won’t go into too much detail but, despite the fact that the other side admitted full liability; his claim has still not been resolved. Insurance companies have been known to drag their heels when it comes to paying-out. Unfortunately, too often that’s when the claimants are in most need of financial help.

Col
23-12-12, 11:59 PM
jinxed family,,

adding to this my eldest had a bike accident and is now paralysed, his 675 was written off and still had to pay for it, along with loosing his job/income, also the wifes cousins husband has been off work for months after being diagnosed with leukemia, being a hgv driver and classic bike rider he is currently unemployed and has just had his house handed over to housing association and been told if they want to get rid of the mortgage they have to declare themselves bankrupt, with a small son and another on the way next week, he wishes he had cover of some sort.

jeeeezus christ--- so bad that we are in this wealthy society [apparently ::)] yet there really is no help whatsoever for people.....I don't care for those that are overpaid and are able to make choices [Ducatista ;) ] fair play but don't preach to those that are not able to make choices.

but what is blatantly apparent to anyone with an ounce [whoops!!! is that some foreign mearsurement now :-? ] of common sense is that the income generated from taxation should provide a 'safety net' for the people in times of need. It is all very well for disgusting people who have worked their way into state coffers to pay themselves hundreds of thousands of OUR £s such as the nauseating story of council worker Christine Laird oh yes this bitch has really coined it--sue me bitch --- Makes me wanna ****ing puke --check it out

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/grassroots/2011/12/cheltenham-councils-bizarre-costly-case-continues.html

The obscene squandering of OUR money on these pigs is disgusting---read and learn about that parasite Andrew Kerr at Wiltshire Council [check it out -http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-14829346 ] who fell out with that
mare Jane Scott and cost us £000s ---bitch never apologised.

I have said before but the crap MOD and those faffing about in that have cost US £millions-- for instance we pay for 10 Captains available for each ship we got :D---why???

Upgrade Trident WTF!!! never been used in 40 years--save cash -don't bother.

Ambulances,Plod, and Fire--completely out of control--d'ya know the Chief? Fire bloke in Manchester is given more cash than the Prime Minister--for naff all ::)..he ain't the only one with his nose firmly in the trough.

There really is too much waste and ridiculous cost to list and it needs sorting out but sadly Camoron and his nonentities are not capable of this---don't even think Labour have a clue cos they caused and rubber stamped the overspends and Milliband and Balls are completely clueless--------------REVOLUTION
Happy Christmas Everyone :)

There is plenty to sort out---let's begin !!!!!

Ducatista
24-12-12, 12:23 PM
I don't care for those that are overpaid and are able to make choices [Ducatista Wink ]

Please can you tell me on what basis you are claiming I am overpaid?

Ducatista
24-12-12, 01:50 PM
For most people it’s not always that easy to ‘cut your cloth to suit’ when you have no control over rising costs which outstrip your income in a very short space of time.

Hi Ken, I am really not meaning disabled people or pensioners who cannot work. I mean people on decent incomes who've been in permanent employment for a long time, or in some cases people with very low outgoings.
My nephew is an example. He lives at home, pays for food only, so no rent, no household bills. Has a full time job but can't manage to live within his means. This is not an issue of lack of income or a problem with outgoings, it's simply a failure to manage money.

Of course there are people at the bottom end of the spectrum who have no choice, but we have 8% unemployment which means 92% of the employable population have some form of income albeit not as much as they would like in some cases. Those who don't earn an income are the minority.

We are all being squeezed I agree even apprently overpaid people like me ;) (first I've heard - my income has gone down over the past 5 years), this makes it MORE important to budget not less.

Sorry if you felt I was preaching about those at the bottom of society (financially) as that's not what I intended, I meant those in full time employment who do have choices - not necessarily easy peasy choices, but they do have them.

redken1
24-12-12, 03:11 PM
Ducatista, 8% unemployment? :-?

C'mon, meet me halfway here. ;) :)

Ducatista
24-12-12, 07:28 PM
Here are the ONS details.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117

I may well be able to meet you halfway, in fact I'd wager we might agree, but you'd have to tell me the point you are making first ;)

redken1
24-12-12, 09:10 PM
I don’t accept the accuracy and validity of the official unemployment figures which we all know have been manipulated by successive governments and tweaked time and time again with the aim of under reporting true unemployment for political purposes.

The most recent change for example which is not included in the official stats are the thousands of unemployed forced to attend placements on government ‘back to work’ schemes like the Mandatory Work Activity (MWA) programme.

In the context of our cutting your cloth to suit debate I don’t think it’s really that important whether you accept the government unemployment stats or the true number. It’s the real income figures of the unemployed, students, part-time workers and thousands of recipients of other benefits which determine how many of our citizens are financially able to budget within the economic climate of the day.

With three new food banks opening every week in the UK, the charity that oversees Britain's 292 emergency outlets, the Trussell Trust, says it expects to feed 15,000 people over the Christmas fortnight alone, almost double the number last Christmas.

We can debate the unemployment figures till the proverbial cows come home, but the above indicates that increasing numbers of our hard-pressed citizens are finding it difficult to budget for even essential items such as food.

Apologies Ducatista, for 'going round the houses' to express my opinions - I got a bit carried away there :)

PS I wasn't questioning the figures you quoted, but there validity. 8-)

SupeRDel
28-12-12, 11:57 PM
uhhh!!!??? 'If you ride a motorbike - you will not be covered.' :-?

you'll have to explain that Del

If you have a mortgage then you have to have life cover linked to the mortgage so the lender gets his money.

I should have said SOME companies have little clauses written into policies.
Cover will not extend to riding motorcycles, skydiving and a few other things.

Same as critical illness policies - cheap policies will not cover you for "dangerous" hobbies.

I had to get extra insurance to cover me for the ACU national rally back in June. It was a rally so my ordinary insurance was void while doing it