Swanny
18-01-13, 09:26 AM
Loads of here even in Trogtown [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]
Last night at 1am it was just rain and now all this :D
Bet the Trogites get in a right mess ;D

Jon_W
18-01-13, 11:05 AM
Bring it on.

Had one of my quickest commutes this morning.... roads were totally empty.

Rabb
18-01-13, 11:42 AM
It's interesting out there.
I had to pop my wife to work this morning.
Be careful - there are still lots of car drivers out there that think that more revs in first gear will make them move forward!
I really fancied a horse burger when I got home - can't get them for love or money now!!!

Swanny
18-01-13, 02:46 PM
I've been to work. Had to get up a long snowy hill in my front wheel drive van 8-)
Hope it stays around for a while.
Funny to see the Trogites walking ;D

Conehead
18-01-13, 03:03 PM
I've been to work. Had to get up a long snowy hill in my front wheel drive van 8-)

Is that, you hope the van stays around for a while. ;D ;D ;D

Swanny
18-01-13, 04:23 PM
With the numpties driving about I hope it stays square for a while :)

Ghost
18-01-13, 04:35 PM
This Trogite made it to Southampton early this morning. Snow no problem but 41/2in (110mm) nail in n/s/r tyre was a bit of a nuisance. Strangely, I have had more punctures (7) since moving up here than I've had in the previous 40 years riding/driving down Southampton way. Damn Northerners and their clog nails. lol :)

Is that, you hope the van stays around for a while. ;D ;D ;D

Swanny
18-01-13, 04:39 PM
Ah ha so you're not really a Trogite ;D

Ghost
18-01-13, 04:51 PM
Oops! Gave the game away there. Hoping to become a naturalised Trogite eventually, but a bit too cold for the naturism bit atm.

BB
18-01-13, 05:43 PM
foreigner! even talks diffrent! ;D ;D

BB

Swanny
20-01-13, 01:06 PM
It seems the best way to get through snow is on a C90 ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKoOkjN9Qs

Conehead
20-01-13, 01:13 PM
Thats looks like crazy fun, wish i had one now to blast about. Dont think the Triumph wont be fun. :o :o :o :o

Kevinb
21-01-13, 01:27 PM
Drove from Trowbridge to Devizes early Friday stayed an hour, thought sod this, grabbed my laptop and drove home . It took over an hour but funny watching the BMW driver being pushed up Cain Hill by the police.

Geordie Stu
21-01-13, 01:33 PM
Are all rear wheel drive vehicles bad in snow? or is it just BMW's. Or is it drivers of BMW's are just crap drivers....? ::) ::) :P

Geordie Stu
21-01-13, 01:43 PM
50 years ago this what winter was like. WHen I was born my mother was stuck in Hospital due to "Snow"

http://youtu.be/DalYSIRU4rQ

Squashed_Fly
21-01-13, 02:07 PM
What the hell is a trogite?

Is that some kind of new biker slang for drivers?

Jon_W
21-01-13, 02:14 PM
A native of the fair town of Trowbridge???

Swanny
21-01-13, 02:25 PM
Great vid :)
The canal hasn't frozen yet this year so we still have cold weather to come. Brrr!!!

Swanny
21-01-13, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tokDh7MsTMI

Jon_W
21-01-13, 02:46 PM
Great vid!!!

At least it's not that deep.....

JohnS
21-01-13, 02:51 PM
Are all rear wheel drive vehicles bad in snow? or is it just BMW's. Or is it drivers of BMW's are just crap drivers....? ::) ::) :P

Although i don't claim to be the best driver in the world by any means, BMW cars are shockingly sh1t to drive in the snow!

Swanny
21-01-13, 02:53 PM
Don't they have traction control??

Snowy
21-01-13, 03:30 PM

Although i don't claim to be the best driver in the world by any means, BMW cars are shockingly sh1t to drive in the snow!

I passed three stuck Beemers on my 5 mile commute home on Friday. Rear wheel drive does have its share of additional problems to deal with but I think the bigger problem with BMW drivers, of saloons in particular, is that they only have FAST and FASTER options for the accelerator pedal ;D ;D

Kevinb
22-01-13, 09:00 AM
BMW 3 series is the new Ford Mondeo (reps thinking they're moving up in the world)

In fact it now out sells the Ford, so if you want a car that is a bit different and a bit more exclusive buy a Mondeo or if you don't mind driving the same as others wait a couple of years and the forecourts will be full of either black or white 3 series.

Goldie
22-01-13, 09:18 AM
BMW 3 series is the new Ford Mondeo (reps thinking they're moving up in the world)

In fact it now out sells the Ford, so if you want a car that is a bit different and a bit more exclusive buy a Mondeo or if you don't mind driving the same as others wait a couple of years and the forecourts will be full of either black or white 3 series.
I've got a black 3 series, my second in fact. I bought it because they do 50mpg, has a cam chain, and it's German so it doesn't break easily. :-?

I've been driving mine in the snow with no problems. You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*

Geordie Stu
22-01-13, 09:18 AM

As a "Sales Rep" Never had a BMW nor do I want one. Rather have the Mondeo any day over the BMW. As I drive an Alfa GT, Which not much better in the Snow. I can see the Alfa quivver at the sight of snow ;D ;D ;D

Dabz
22-01-13, 09:23 AM
The mondeo is a great car, far better than the BMW

Swanny
22-01-13, 10:39 AM
Rear wheel drive cars are much more fun :D

Scotty
22-01-13, 12:53 PM
You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*
Does that bit help you to get a push when your Beemer gets stuck in the snow...? :-?

Kevinb
22-01-13, 01:37 PM

I've got a black 3 series, my second in fact. I bought it because they do 50mpg, has a cam chain, and it's German so it doesn't break easily. :-?

I've been driving mine in the snow with no problems. You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*

I like Mercs had a E320 coupe which was rear wheel drive. Loved it and as long as you feathered the throttle in the snow it was fine

Kevinb
22-01-13, 01:39 PM

As a "Sales Rep" Never had a BMW nor do I want one. Rather have the Mondeo any day over the BMW. As I drive an Alfa GT, Which not much better in the Snow. I can see the Alfa quivver at the sight of snow ;D ;D ;D

Alfa oozes style 8-)

Snowy
22-01-13, 02:10 PM
I've had a 2.0L 16v Mondeo estate in the past - great car, drove well, all day comfy and carried a huge payload with the seats down. I drove it all around Europe and it finally cost too much to put through an MOT with over 200K on the clock. Only broke down once when the starter motor went at 135K. Luckily I had kids on board so they gave me a bump start ;D

I had a 3 series Beemer for a very short while but got it changed to a Passat as I crooked my back every time I tried to get in it - way too small for me. I liked the Passat as much as the Mondeo.

Christ, this has turned into a car thread.... ;D ;D

Jon_W
22-01-13, 03:00 PM
The mini (of the leyland type) was great fun in the snow. Used to get a lot of looks from the 4wd boys as I motored along.

The Audi is dull boring....

bobf279
22-01-13, 03:53 PM
snowing again

Goldie
22-01-13, 08:16 PM
You just need to know how to drive (a RWD car). Oh, and be a woman. ;D :-*
Does that bit help you to get a push when your Beemer gets stuck in the snow...? :-?

Dunno, Si, I'm not stupid enough to drive anything in thick snow so I'll never get stuck :P
Run flats+snow = up-****-creek-without-a-paddle.