PDA

View Full Version : Canal Boat/Long Boat Hire for Bath Canal

Uber Dave
25-01-13, 05:26 PM
Anybody know of anyone around there that hires them out as Google isnt much help at all!

Swanny
25-01-13, 06:37 PM
Try Sally boats and Moonrakers

Dabz
25-01-13, 08:11 PM
Yup Sally Boats are very good

It's boring as hell tho..takes a day to do Bradford on Avon to Bath pretty much, I broke the one I was driving by trying to go too fast

redken1
25-01-13, 08:36 PM
Yup Sally Boats are very good

It's boring as hell tho..takes a day to do Bradford on Avon to Bath pretty much, I broke the one I was driving by trying to go too fast

Not as quick as the Triumph then? :P :D ;) ;D

Dabz
25-01-13, 08:47 PM
People were walking faster than us...very infuriating hehe

redken1
25-01-13, 08:53 PM
People were walking faster than us...very infuriating hehe

PMSL

Ye don't think they were built for speed. What was the 0 to 60 mph stats James? ;D

Dabz
25-01-13, 09:06 PM
Couple of weeks? :p

Jon_W
25-01-13, 09:24 PM
Fox hangers near Devizes do hire.

Toph
25-01-13, 10:33 PM
I did one of these a few years back..
A corporate freebie... there was free Wadworths 6X on board... great day out. :)

BB
25-01-13, 10:43 PM
You would really have to switch off and step out of the rat race. I like the idea of the canal & barges but not sure I could cope with the speed or lack therof!

BB

wiltshire builders
25-01-13, 11:43 PM
Are you sure you know how to use Google?
I just typed in kennet and Avon boat hire and got 18900 results .

Swanny
25-01-13, 11:52 PM
I'm a trained skipper and used to crew the Jubilee from Dundas before they moved it to Newbury.
I still skipper narrow boats from Bath occasionally which is fun especially when I get a hen party 8-)

It's really relaxing
There is a speed limit on the canals and it's not about going fast, that's what bikes are for :D

Sally boats aren't the best quality out there.
If you just want a day trip then try http://www.bath-narrowboats.co.uk/

Remember if you want to go past Devizes that it takes the best part of a day to get up Caen hill locks

Geordie Stu
26-01-13, 11:12 AM
These are just round the corner from me. They've done alot of refurb around the area. Canal Boats all look New.

http://www.hilpertonmarina.com/about.htm

Uber Dave
26-01-13, 05:42 PM
Are you sure you know how to use Google?
I just typed in kennet and Avon boat hire and got 18900 results .

Lol, I do yes, but its a lot of stuff to wade through when I have all this local knowledge right here at my finger tips.

Cheers for the suggestions folks. I shall be giving a couple of companies a call on Monday to see what they can do price wise. The weekend we are looking at is the may bank holiday (4/5/6) for a stag do. Thats if we can find something of a sensible price!

Dabz
26-01-13, 05:45 PM
Ahh all becomes much more interesting when you stop off at every pub along the way (of which there are lots)

Beamer
26-01-13, 06:43 PM
Couple of weeks? :p

That is sooo funny ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
27-01-13, 09:39 PM
Ahh all becomes much more interesting when you stop off at every pub along the way (of which there are lots)
Hmmm... beer and narrow boats..... makes for interesting steering!!! :D

Kevinb
28-01-13, 08:58 AM
I did one of these a few years back..
A corporate freebie... there was free Wadworths 6X on board... great day out. :)

Don't need a boat for that I work for the Brewery. Hick :D

Kevinb
28-01-13, 09:03 AM
Quite a few years back four of us did the Thames and the year after the Norfolk Broads. Thames great. Norfolk BORING.

Never seen a long boat on the canal, don't get many Vikings in B-O-A ;D