PDA

View Full Version : E- Cigarettes !!!

DC
31-01-13, 11:53 PM
I would just like to Bring these things to the attention of any smoker who has a deep desire to knock the demon weed on the head. I've been a fairly heavy smoker for too many years now and over the years I've tried Patches , gum , mints , even hypnosis in an attempt to give up , promised myself I'd stop by the age of thirty then by forty , I'm now forty five and still haven't managed it !!! :(. I was in Mikkie's shop and He'd bought one to have a play with and offered me a go, I tried it , went and bought one and I haven't had a fag now for EIGHT DAYS !!! " That's bugger all !!! " I hear you say , but if you had known me over the years and had known how seriously I took my habit you would know what a breakthrough that actually is. I don't have any of the cravings , I'm not climbing up the walls and I sincerely feel like I can continue like this for the Foreseeable !!! 8-) . I Would seriously recommend this alternative to anyone who wants to stop :) .

Swanny
31-01-13, 11:54 PM
Nice one, well done DC [smiley=thumbup.gif]

DC
31-01-13, 11:56 PM
Cheers Swan !!! :)

Conehead
01-02-13, 12:21 AM
Well done Daddy Cool. 8 days is absolutely fantastic. I have now been totally off for 5 years. No relapse etc, stopped clean after having 30-40 a day. Stopped cold.

Temptation will creep in, especially when you have a drink or find yourself in the type of situation where you smoked a lot but dont give in.

Good luck and keep us updated. I am sure there are others on here that would be willing to provide support but till then, count me in as your support. 8-) 8-)

DC
01-02-13, 12:25 AM
Cheers Conehead !!! 8-)

Goldie
01-02-13, 12:36 AM
well done DC, I've been an E-cig convert for the last week too and so far, so good!
:D :D
We can be vapour buddies if you want ;D ;D

BB
01-02-13, 06:57 AM
Good to hear, here's to the next 8 and beyond! 8-)

BB

Last Train
01-02-13, 07:48 AM
8-)

Snowy
01-02-13, 07:51 AM
Keep it up DC, it really is worth it. I stopped cold turkey seven years ago next Tuesday on my fourth attempt. Bought my bike with the savings - give yourself the odd treat to keep the motivation going.

Splash
01-02-13, 08:19 AM
Well done dude! I work with a guy who has smoked for over 30 years and I made him buy a Vape Escape e-cig and he too hasn't smoked for 8 days now, I know it must be hard, but after all those years you have smoked, 8 days is a very good achievement!

Keep it up! ;)

Squashed_Fly
01-02-13, 08:59 AM
I have a few friends that have quit with them. Makes you wonder how on earth they took sooooo long to be invented!

DC
01-02-13, 09:03 AM
well done DC, I've been an E-cig convert for the last week too and so far, so good!
:D :D
We can be vapour buddies if you want ;D ;D

Keep it up Goldie !!! 8-) Which ones do you use and what's the verdict ?

redken1
01-02-13, 09:20 AM
Really well done Andy and Tina. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm 10 months now so I can relate to what you are both going through. Hang on in there, stating the obvious but, the cravings get less frequent and easier to deal with in time. I used nicotine gum to help me and chucked it about 8 weeks ago.

Everyone uses different motivation methods - When I fancied a smoke I would tell myself that the massive tax and duty I was paying on tobacco was offsetting the tax cut for the Tories and their millionaire bedfellows. ::) :P :D Worked every time for me. Lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

A tip (the non-tobacco type) don’t fire up your electronic-cigarette while travelling on a coach or in any other public place. The nicotine won't get you, but the anti-terrorist squad just might and keep it up. ;) :D ;D

camera.op76
01-02-13, 01:44 PM
Well done its hard work, I smoke out of boredom mostly and being a heavy smoker it's hard work, i feel your pain and know just what an achievement it is... Just reinforce the notion in your head 'I don't smoke', e-cigarettes are pretty good. I'm on day six using them. I tried champix before ... It worked, but it sent me mad... And the dreams I was having... Mental. Back at work I started again.

Keep it up... :)

Swanny
01-02-13, 01:47 PM
I see a future where we are all in the pub smoking E-Fags 8-)
The government won't like people socializing so will have to make them illegal

DC
01-02-13, 01:48 PM
You still off the Fags Stunts ?

Swanny
01-02-13, 03:11 PM
Just bought one of these for Lizzy

E30 Instant Use E-Cig

http://www.e-lites.co.uk/e30-instant-use-electronic-cigarette.html

Swanny
01-02-13, 03:14 PM
Just had a couple of puffs on it and now I have a sore throat :-?

Snowy
01-02-13, 03:20 PM

Have you got it the wrong way round?

Swanny
01-02-13, 04:21 PM
Nope Lizzy said the same.

I only smoke when out doing biker things (H&C and ride outs etc) so I won't be using it again. I'm also one of the lucky ones that can give up when ever I want, which is not at the moment. :)

DC
01-02-13, 05:43 PM

Our government actually Tried to ban them in June 2010 as they weren't happy that unlicensed nicotine was being sold over the counter, this decision was postponed until June 2013 so watch this space. Nearer the truth is probably the fact that they are losing revenue due to the fall in sales of the real poison that they are quite happy to peddle and aren't receiving any revenue from the safer alternative YET !!!

DC
01-02-13, 05:47 PM

Might be worth trying a different brand the one I've got is actually quite sweet and smooth its got vanilla and coffee flavouring in it , still a tobacco taste though .

redken1
01-02-13, 06:43 PM

Our government actually Tried to ban them in June 2010 as they weren't happy that unlicensed nicotine was being sold over the counter, this decision was postponed until June 2013 so watch this space. Nearer the truth is probably the fact that they are losing revenue due to the fall in sales of the real poison that they are quite happy to peddle and aren't receiving any revenue from the safer alternative YET !!!

On the money Andy

Conehead
01-02-13, 06:50 PM
Typical, the government gets their grubby hands onto anything. What a bunch of thieving B*****ds.

camera.op76
01-02-13, 07:05 PM
Yes mate, not touched one since last Saturday... I can even be around people thats are smoking and I'm not too bothered about having one which is half the battle to be fair.

Yep Swanny you're right.. I like the fact I can virtually smoke in a pub...

bobf279
01-02-13, 09:45 PM
I too stopped after 37 years just over 3 years ago. I used patches for 3 weeks then cold turkey, best thing I've done for my health.

Goldie
01-02-13, 11:17 PM
I'm using greensmoke e-cigs, they're not the cheapest but they produce the best vapour and feel like smoking. I've got friends who refill their own but tbh, I cba. I don't intend using them for long :)
I bought the ecig 8 days ago, still haven't charged it or changed the filter yet. The green light on the end is a bit weird and it's heavy so you can't hold it like a cig but I can vape in the car, in the house, indoors etc, will never lose a lighter again and don't drop ash everywhere.
I do find they can dry your mouth out a bit though so I'm drinking more water - can't be a bad thing. ;)