PDA

View Full Version : Russell Brand - I hate the bloke

Crosbie
01-02-13, 02:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21292634

BBC radio cut from interview with Brand.

Firstly why does the BBC feel the need to interview him about inverviewing Savile.

Secondly (the reason i posted the link) at 50 second Brand starts to talk about Saviles hair and behaviour generally, confusing character... WTF Brand have you looked at yourself ever!? argghhhhhhh! why does the media look to give these people elevation ::)

DC
01-02-13, 02:06 PM
Hes a knob of the highest order and hes on radio 2 steve wright this afternoon !!! >:(

Crosbie
01-02-13, 02:17 PM
Glad im not the only one with that view! ;)

Wont be listening to wrighty this afternoon then! Led Zep on the itunes will see me through till 5

DC
01-02-13, 02:33 PM
two and a half hours of Led Zep , good man !!!

Swanny
01-02-13, 03:12 PM
I can't stand him, the blokes a twat

redken1
01-02-13, 03:58 PM
I would imagine he gets media exposure because controversial characters like Brand and Cowell get people talking.

Even on the most unlikely forums. ;) :P

Crosbie
01-02-13, 04:22 PM
Yes i know, I hate my self for posting the link advertising he is infact still around.

Whats wrong with Cowell. There was no need to bring him into the equation. He has produced some top notch music groups in recent years. :-? ;D

Goldie
01-02-13, 04:54 PM
Russell Brand = proper twunt ;D

Conehead
01-02-13, 05:10 PM
+1

redken1
01-02-13, 05:16 PM
Yes i know, I hate my self for posting the link advertising he is infact still around.

Whats wrong with Cowell. There was no need to bring him into the equation. He has produced some top notch music groups in recent years. :-? ;D

Brought him in to it because this thread was heading in 'One Direction' :D ;) :P ;D

Nelly
01-02-13, 05:42 PM
Russell Brand and Keith Lemon. An argument for birth control if ever there was one.... >:(

Dabz
01-02-13, 07:19 PM
Just to provoke everyone, I love Russell brand. Very intelligent, articulate chap who's very funny because there's a brain behind (most of) his humor. I think Jonathan Ross tends to bring out the worst in him possibly

Rabb
01-02-13, 07:47 PM
Russell Brand and Keith Lemon. An argument for birth control if ever there was one.... >:(

I'm with you on this one!
Can't stand either of these dicks.
Money for old rope with both of them

Swanny
01-02-13, 08:15 PM
Jonathan Ross is another twat

wiltshire builders
01-02-13, 10:08 PM

WTF? Keith Lemon is a made up character by the comedian Leigh Francis.
I assume you both read the daily mail and jumped on the "sachsgate" bandwagon with all the other sheep!

Russell Brand is an extremely intelligent and insightful comedian who has proved he can hold his own in political debates. I appreciate he might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm guessing you've never actually taken any time to listen to what he has to say.

DC
01-02-13, 10:12 PM
WTF? Keith Lemon is a made up character by the comedian Leigh Francis.
I assume you both read the daily mail and jumped on the "sachsgate" bandwagon with all the other sheep!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nelly
01-02-13, 10:19 PM
Russell Brand is an extremely intelligent and insightful comedian who has proved he can hold his own in political debates. I appreciate he might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm guessing you've never actually taken any time to listen to what he has to say.

Yes i have. And i agree that yes, Russell Brand is an intelligent man. That doesn't make him a good comedian does it?
And yes, i'm well aware of who Keith Lemon is.

Beamer
01-02-13, 10:38 PM
Guess Im in the minority here but I think Russell Brand is ace...he really makes me chuckle.....I know, I know, lots of daft stuff makes me chuckle but I cant help but like him.

Not so keen on the Lemon chap.......a bit too crude for this old girl hehe :) :) :)

DC
01-02-13, 10:47 PM
Sorry this is about 20 minutes but worth it if you can follow it through , a bit of an eye opener for me regarding Russel Brand I have to admit !!!

Interview with Jeremy Paxman. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9053238.stm

Goldie
01-02-13, 11:09 PM
Brand isn't the only twunt in this thread, clearly. ::)

DC
01-02-13, 11:15 PM
Oh Goldie I'm hurt !!! :(

Geordie Stu
02-02-13, 08:31 AM
Russell Brand most annoying >:(

Goldie
02-02-13, 10:02 AM
you shouldn't be, DC, I wasn't talking about you and you know it :P :-*

Col
02-02-13, 11:50 AM

WTF?
Russell Brand has proved he can hold his own :o :o

Indeed WB :D ;D

his ex missus ain't too shabby in fairness but she scarppered ...wonder why??? too much banging of the bishop/slapping da monkey ;D ;D

Swanny
02-02-13, 12:07 PM
Russell Brand is an annoying little prick but Jo Brand is the only female comedian that I find funny :)

I thought they were related but apparently they're not.

Splash
02-02-13, 12:26 PM
Russell Brand - Legend. Just to cause a little stir on here.

As James said, very intelligent.

Crosbie
04-02-13, 12:30 PM
Oh please... Comedian - only to look at and that gets pretty tiresome after all of 2 minutes.

I don’t call someone who continually 'tries' to take the p#ss out of the audience a comedian, which to be fair is all I have seen him do. Anyone can do that, cheap humour. Nicht gut in my opinion.

Dabz
04-02-13, 01:00 PM
I guess this is why there are plenty of different comedians out there...one to suit all tastes :)

Kevinb
04-02-13, 01:14 PM
Another twat Chris Evans. Garage full of cars all paid for by TV license payers
WHY do they have him on the One show?

redken1
04-02-13, 01:39 PM
James is right about different comedians catering for different senses of humour.

I have to be honest and say I’m not a huge fan of Russell Brand, but accept that if he could not capture an audience he would disappear into obscurity.

The same could be said for music tastes. Peeps out there are quick to slag boy-bands like ‘one direction’ on forums. Again, I’m not a fan and would not listen to them, yet I acknowledge that their sounds appeal to a huge audience otherwise they would not be the biggest boy-band out there at the moment in terms of popularity.

The bottom line here is that we all have different tastes and a world of clones would be a boring world. :(

George W Bush, made me laugh more than any other comedian with his brilliant one-liners like, ‘all our imports come from abroad’. ;D ;D ;D

The dude was a natural :)

Snowy
04-02-13, 01:41 PM
James is right about different comedians catering for different senses of humour.

I have to be honest and say I’m not a huge fan of Russell Brand, but accept that if he could not capture an audience he would disappear into obscurity.

The same could be said for music tastes. Peeps out there are quick to slag boy-bands like ‘one direction’ on forums. Again, I’m not a fan and would not listen to them, yet I acknowledge that their sounds appeal to a huge audience otherwise they would not be the biggest boy-band out there at the moment in terms of popularity.

The bottom line here is that we all have different tastes and a world of clones would be a boring world. :(

George W Bush, made me laugh more than any other comedian with his brilliant one-liners like, ‘all our imports come from abroad’. ;D ;D ;D

My personal GWB classic: "The problem with the French is they don't have a word for Entrepreneur..." ;D ;D ;D

Kevinb
04-02-13, 01:46 PM
I never found Tommy Cooper funny until he died on stage. I thought it was the funniest act he had done them realised he was actually died and felt terrible.

wiltshire builders
04-02-13, 05:56 PM
Oh please... Comedian - only to look at and that gets pretty tiresome after all of 2 minutes.

I don’t call someone who continually 'tries' to take the p#ss out of the audience a comedian, which to be fair is all I have seen him do. Anyone can do that, cheap humour. Nicht gut in my opinion.

I guessing you've not watched much of him then. The bulk of his act revolves around him taking the piss out of himself. Be it his failed attempt to woo Serena Williams or how small his willy looked when he was filmed as a student doing a naked protest.
If somone in the audience is stupid enough to challenge him then he'll let them have it. Quite right too.
His show Ponderland was one of the funniest things on TV and is now being shamelessly ripped off by Paddy McGuinness.

Squashed_Fly
04-02-13, 06:25 PM
Just to provoke everyone, I love Russell brand. Very intelligent, articulate chap who's very funny because there's a brain behind (most of) his humor. I think Jonathan Ross tends to bring out the worst in him possibly

Agreed. I wish I had a vocabulary half as good as his!

It's a shame he acts like a twat as he is possibly one of the most intelligent people I've heard interviewed.

Dabz
04-02-13, 06:27 PM

I guessing you've not watched much of him then. The bulk of his act revolves around him taking the piss out of himself. Be it his failed attempt to woo Serena Williams or how small his willy looked when he was filmed as a student doing a naked protest.
If somone in the audience is stupid enough to challenge him then he'll let them have it. Quite right too.
His show Ponderland was one of the funniest things on TV and is now being shamelessly ripped off by Paddy McGuinness.

+1

Swanny
04-02-13, 07:09 PM
Another twat Chris Evans. Garage full of cars all paid for by TV license payers
WHY do they have him on the One show?
+1

Dabz
04-02-13, 08:41 PM
Chris Evans is another one I like :). Thank god for variety

Swanny
04-02-13, 10:13 PM
Dabz you have lots to learn about comedy ;D

Dabz
05-02-13, 12:04 PM
I could argue that you do too...

wiltshire builders
05-02-13, 05:31 PM
If we all liked the same things, the world would be a boring place.....unless you liked the same things as me.
Then it'd be frickin' AWSOME! ;D

redken1
05-02-13, 07:37 PM
If we all liked the same things, the world would be a boring place.....unless you liked the same things as me.

And the great thing is you don’t need to be able to spell properly to be funny – just awesome! ;) :D ;D

I’m not a grammar ‘Nazi’ – just having a laugh Dan :D ;) ;D

wiltshire builders
05-02-13, 08:48 PM

And the great thing is you don’t need to be able to spell properly to be funny – just awesome! ;) :D ;D

I’m not a grammar ‘Nazi’ – just having a laugh Dan :D ;) ;D

Oh Bolocks! ;)

camera.op76
06-02-13, 09:58 AM
Brand is actually a really nice bloke in real life.