PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Squashed_Fly
11-02-13, 06:17 PM
to everyone who sponsored me for the Gloucester 10k. After 3 months of training hard (including doing Longleat 10k last weekend which is widely regarded as one of the hardest!), I finished in an hour and 7 seconds. A little annoyed not to come in under an hour but still a PB by 8 minutes from Longleat, and more than 22 minutes quicker than my first 10k training run!

If you would like to still donate, you can do at www.justgiving.com/aidanrunning and I'm already signed up for a 10 miler good Friday followed by a 10k on Easter Monday, and then the Plymouth half marathon at the end of April!

I haven't got the best reputation on this site so it means a lot that a few of you have still donated, and hopefully the fact I suffered a lot for it will help! ;D

wiltshire builders
11-02-13, 06:29 PM
(including doing Longleat 10k last weekend which is widely regarded as one of the hardest!)

WHAT! I'm doing the longleat half marathon next month. Wish I'd known this before I just ate that Apple crumble.

Jacde
11-02-13, 06:58 PM
Well done Aid [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
11-02-13, 08:05 PM
(including doing Longleat 10k last weekend which is widely regarded as one of the hardest!)

WHAT! I'm doing the longleat half marathon next month. Wish I'd known this before I just ate that Apple crumble.

The longleat 10k is a KILLER - loads of hills

Squashed_Fly
12-02-13, 08:57 AM
Killer is about right! I nearly threw up when I finished!

Looking forward to the next few though now I have a couple under my belt and some nice medals to show for it!