View Full Version : Utility warehouse

Swanny
11-02-13, 01:14 PM
Anyone used this??
My mate reckons it's great for getting the best deals

https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/?exref=D49439

Dabz
11-02-13, 01:19 PM
There's a guy at one of my networking groups who's a Utility Warehouse rep - says that they're the only people in europe to be able to do the single-bill/all utilities on a single bill thing. Haven't used them myself tho

Ducatista
11-02-13, 02:08 PM
They frequently make claims that aren't true.
You can check the complaints upheld against them at the advertising standards agency website.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2012/9/Telecom-Plus-plc/SHP_ADJ_197504.aspx

So here's an example

Action

The ad must not appear again in its current form. We told The Utility Warehouse to ensure their future advertising did not include claims, implied or otherwise, that they had the lowest dual fuel prices if that was not the case. We also told them not to imply their prices were more competitive than was the case in future.

Personally I wouldn't trust them as they frequently make claims that are't true.
All the reps on comission are being sold the good points.

Of course if they DO actaully work out cheaper for you then go for it, but don't just rely ion their claims as they are not always true.
I have personal experience of it not being true and published my own figures on moneysavingexpert when they made false claims about being the cheapest when they weren't.

Swanny
11-02-13, 05:29 PM
Thanks I'll give them a miss then

Col
11-02-13, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't bother Swanny..used them in the past as it seemed a good deal, like you put, but pretty soon the bills started to not be that good a deal...customer service and interaction totally lousy :)

goz1960
11-02-13, 07:45 PM
Never heard of them?.

Gooz
11-02-13, 10:52 PM
be aware of getting locked into their contracts, ones bad enough but all 3 ????

Jon_W
12-02-13, 07:48 AM
My missus uses them and swears by them as the cheapest.

Ducatista
12-02-13, 08:03 AM

If they are for you then great but I hope she's done her calchlations independently. Unfortunately their own claims can't be relied upon and aren't always true.
I don't believe they are the cheapest for me as I have an energy tarriff I fixed a while back.

If you are the sort of person that can shop around and get good deals when they come up then you can probably get a better deal e.g. by fixing your energy at the right time.

Jon_W
12-02-13, 03:33 PM

If they are for you then great but I hope she's done her calchlations independently. Unfortunately their own claims can't be relied upon and aren't always true.
I don't believe they are the cheapest for me as I have an energy tarriff I fixed a while back.

and your point is???

YES she does her own calculations (not everyone is dumb) and if you don't like it, thats your problem.

I have put over an expierence of a customer. If you dont like it then find out for yourself rather than taking shots!
>:(