PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones are killing us

Swanny
26-02-13, 12:45 AM
Very good documentary about the effects of mobile phones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vb9R0x_0NQ

I hate the fecking things and wish they were banned.
I do have one but only because I'm self employed, if it wasn't for that reason I wouldn't have one at all, even the one I have I leave at home as much as possible.

Once the bees are die out so do we

Can you imagine if they tried to ban them, people would go crazy, they'd rather the world died than be without a mobile ;D

redken1
26-02-13, 08:48 AM
A mobile phone has never killed anyone Swanny. It is the irresponsible use of them whilst behind the wheel which is the danger.
Similarly, motorcycles don’t kill people; along with other contributing factors people are usually at fault for causing fatal accidents. (And worsening road surfaces perhaps?) Grrrr!!!

Swanny
26-02-13, 10:45 AM
Ken they are slowly killing us, our bodies weren't designed to live in today's enviroment. Watch the documentary and you'll understand.
They didn't know smoking caused cancer at the beginning. You could say a cigarette never killed anyone but we know what constant use does to us. The good thing about smoking is that you can put yourself in smoke free environment, it's not possible to do the same with mobile phones and wi-fi etc.
My wi-fi has gone but I can still pick up signals from other houses in my road. I threw out my cordless home phone years ago, but same thing I bet my neighbour has one. All I can do is try to lessen the effects.

wiltshire builders
26-02-13, 12:12 PM
Ken they are slowly killing us, our bodies weren't designed to live in today's enviroment. Watch the documentary and you'll understand.
They didn't know smoking caused cancer at the beginning. You could say a cigarette never killed anyone but we know what constant use does to us. The good thing about smoking is that you can put yourself in smoke free environment, it's not possible to do the same with mobile phones and wi-fi etc.
My wi-fi has gone but I can still pick up signals from other houses in my road. I threw out my cordless home phone years ago, but same thing I bet my neighbour has one. All I can do is try to lessen the effects.
Have you tried wearing a tinfoil hat?

Scotty
26-02-13, 01:00 PM
As Swanny appears to be rejecting pretty much everything associated with modern society, perhaps his next shopping list will read something like:

* Wood - enough to build a stockade
* Assault Rifles (at least 2)
* Ammunition - 5000 rounds should do to begin with
* Grenades (if available)
* Tinned food - enough for several years
* Bottled Water - ditto
* Megaphone - to communicate with my enemies during the siege

It's happened before, though thankfully normally only in the land of the free....

Nelly
26-02-13, 01:03 PM
Have you tried wearing a tinfoil hat?

;D ;D ;D (just spat coffee at my bosses PC screen!)

Crosbie
26-02-13, 01:26 PM

What about removing your electrical supply from your house - everything electrical produces EMF argued to be detrimental to health. ;)

Currently designing services to be installed into a band new mansion owned by one of the Wall Street's super-nouveau-riche. His requirement being no wifi, radio, EMF yet still wanting all modern technology... :-? Yet his job which has been his life for years involves being on his phone much of the day around thousands of others on phones ::)

So when are you going to stop riding your bike? ;D

Dabz
26-02-13, 01:28 PM
You'd save the environment more by giving up your fossil-fuel-burning motorcycle than your mobile telephone swanny...

Snowy
26-02-13, 01:46 PM
You'd save the environment more by giving up your fossil-fuel-burning motorcycle than your mobile telephone swanny...

And less dangerous to boot ;D :)

Nelly
26-02-13, 02:57 PM
Swanny me ol' fruit, i think you worry too much.
Think of all the things that we have been told that are good for us. Then think of all the things on that list that we have been told are bad for us. White meat, red meat, white wine, red wine, smoking, drinking, sex, cancer treatment, i could go on for hours. The truth is that someone, somewhere, will tell us that X is bad for us. Don't worry about it. Even Stephenson was told when he designed the Rocket that the human body cannot withstand traveling at 30mph as a humans eyes would be under so much pressure that they would come through the back of the head!
Be happy in the knowledge that you have lived in the greatest era of planet earth. We have grown up as kids not having to be shackled to the house for fear of peados. We learnt to climb trees and we taught ourselves that falling out of them hurt. We have seen electricty, flight, internet, mobile communications etc etc. Sure those things aren't going to last and at some point some loony on the other side of the world is going to press the button and the world will end. Not in our lifetimes though i think.
So relax mate. What's the point in going through life avoiding everything that is so say bad for us? We'd never leave the damned house!
Besides, avoid all you like. You're still going to end up in a casket in a hole in the ground aint ya?
:)

Squashed_Fly
26-02-13, 03:02 PM
It's all bollocks anyway. The last 2 people I knew personally to have died all led about as clean a lifestyle as you could get these days. Cancer got them both.

Same way, my stepdads friend is still alive at 95 and he still drinks and smokes every day, and uses a mobile phone! Imagine that!

If it's your time, it's your time, and something will get you.

Life eh? Nobody ever got out alive!

Swanny
26-02-13, 05:18 PM
I guess none of you lot care about your kids then??

Nelly
26-02-13, 05:41 PM

Nothing to do with that at all. Merely saying that there is nothing we can do about it. Banning mobiles, cars, microwaves, gamma rays, alien invasion....just not going to happen!

We have to live with what we got. There is going to be no revolution, trust me.
;)

Swanny
26-02-13, 05:47 PM
So when are you going to stop riding your bike? ;D
Not going to :) Nor do I intend to give up smoking, drinking or any of the other daft things I do, but I don't need a cordless phone, wi-fi or a microwave oven so I see no point in having something that I don't need in my house if there's a chance it's going to do me harm.
I don't intend to live to a ripe old age, I'd much rather go out early while having fun, rather than sitting around in n old peoples home waiting to die and smelling of piss. ;D

redken1
26-02-13, 05:56 PM
I think the revolution has already started in global terms - may not reach the UK in my life time or yours Swanny, but it will happen. The ever increasing gap between the rich and poor will not continue forever.

Ironically, it is the modern communication technology which will link up like minded revolutionaries, and there is nothing the ruling classes fear more.

Why do you think our current government tightened up legislation relating to social networking sites? Just my personal opinion.

Swanny
26-02-13, 06:07 PM
Actually if the bee die of is because of the mobile phones then burning fossil fuels isn't much of a problem, once the bees go nothing gets pollinated and our food runs out.

Nelly
26-02-13, 06:42 PM
"I think the revolution has already started in global terms - may not reach the UK in my life time or yours Swanny, but it will happen. The ever increasing gap between the rich and poor will not continue forever. "

Sorry ken but i can't see China rolling over and taking it. The trouble is we dont live in the one-for-all-and-all-for-one-society any longer. We are all out to look after no1 these days. Hence our greed for cheaper, faster, better more modern possessions whatever the cost. Virtually everything we own is made of some or other resource. That all comes out of the same pot. When that pot is empty, we're screwed. Swanny is right, the phone will kill us. So will the car and our demand for cheap oil, the TVs, the electricity, the gas, the coal it is all being used in vast quantities to satisfy our demand for more easy living. When i say we, i mean every single one of us. We are born and we die. That's our destiny. You are allowed to make a few tweaks along the way but you cant change it. Everything that happens to us happens for a reason. Same with the lump of rock we live on. It only has a certain life span. When it stops breathing its good night vienna.

redken1
26-02-13, 07:48 PM
Neil you are right in a lot of what you say and I respect your views, but I will never accept that we can’t change the world for the better.

For all the reasons you highlighted and the inevitable consequential outcome you predict, the inhabitants of the planet will have to change their behaviour patterns.

There is no regime in this world that can defeat the will of the people and I include the one party Chinese rulers. If you look at recent events in regions around the world like the Middle-East, Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and to a lesser degree here in Blighty, I think more and more people are asking questions.

I think it is fair to say that with a few exceptions (Australia and Norway perhaps, to name two) most of the western so called democracies which embraced the unregulated capitalist free market system are in effect bankrupt. Some of the bankrupt states are trying to stimulate growth by spending their way out of the economic crisis and others like the UK are following a different path, cutting spending in an attempt to slash their deficits. Neither approach is working – while the financial doctors hold differing views on the levels of dosage within the capitalist treatment programme, I believe that a change in medicine is what the very sick patient needs to aid a full recovery. How can the system which got us in to this mess get us out of it? Who in their right mind would prescribe alcohol to a sick man suffering from liver disease as a result of years of alcohol abuse? Again, just my opinions 8-) :)

Snowy
26-02-13, 08:06 PM
Actually if the bee die of is because of the mobile phones then burning fossil fuels isn't much of a problem, once the bees go nothing gets pollinated and our food runs out.

Doubt it with GM and self polinating plants around these days...technology can already replace the bees in that respect.

Anyway the bees only disappeared to help the Doctor find the missing planets - they'll be back for tea soon enough. ;D ;D ;)

Swanny
26-02-13, 08:10 PM
Who in their right mind would treat a cancer patient with radiation?

Swanny
26-02-13, 08:11 PM
Snowy GM crops are another massive threat to humans
Monsanto is pure evil

redken1
26-02-13, 08:18 PM
Swanny, Agree with your concerns about GM in the sense that the profiteers are setting the GM agenda and as in other areas, the regulation is extremely flawed. Don't get your point about Radiation and cancer though :-/ :-/

Swanny
26-02-13, 08:28 PM
GMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGqQV6ObFCQ

:)

Snowy
26-02-13, 08:28 PM
Who in their right mind would treat a cancer patient with radiation?

My mum had life saving radiation therepy a couple of years ago and is still in this world because of it.

Snowy
26-02-13, 08:31 PM

I love my kids more than anything else in this world and would never place them in harms way. I disagree with you on this one so really your point is invalid to me.

Swanny
26-02-13, 08:34 PM
My mum had it and isn't with us. I would rather die than have it. If I'd have known what I know now I would have never let her near that.

More on GMO

By now, nearly all informed people recognize that Monsanto is widely regarded as the most evil corporation on our planet. But what, exactly, makes Monsanto so evil? Why is Monsanto worse than a pharmaceutical company, a pesticide company or even a weapons manufacturer?

The answer to this question is found in probing the virtue of the corporation in question. As virtuous people, we expect corporations to act with a sense of fundamental human decency. We expect them to behave within the boundaries of respecting human life, honest business practices and reliable science. We (naively) wish that corporations would act like decent human beings.

But they don't. In their quest for profit at any cost, they violate the basic tenets of virtue. They betray humanity. They destroy life. They malign Mother Nature herself, and in doing so, they threaten the very future of sustainable life on our planet.

http://www.naturalnews.com/037289_Monsanto_corporations_ethics.html

Swanny
26-02-13, 08:37 PM

I love my kids more than anything else in this world and would never place them in harms way. I disagree with you on this one so really your point is invalid to me.

Each to their own. Personally if I had kids I would do research into anything that I thought might possibly harm them, and then do my best to protect them.

Snowy
26-02-13, 09:00 PM

Each to their own. Personally if I had kids I would do research into anything that I thought might possibly harm them, and then do my best to protect them.

I've had a mobile phone since the late eighties.....I trust my own judgement on this one. As a parent you make a lot of decisions on their behalf while they're growing up.....mine have had their own mobile phones since they were young teenagers. Helped them get in touch with me at times when they were in far more danger than the mobile phone was ever going to cause them. As a dad, that's a no brainer for me. Each to his own though ;)

Snowy
26-02-13, 09:12 PM
My mum had it and isn't with us. I would rather die than have it. If I'd have known what I know now I would have never let her near that.

Its sad about your mum and I'm sorry it didn't work out for her. But I assume she was seriously ill which is why she had the treatement? Would the result have been the same without it? In my mums case she's had cancer three times over the last 30 years. The first two were treated with chemo but the last time she couldnt stand the thought of 18 months of chemo at her age. So she opted for the radiation therepy over a 16 week period. She said that the benefit to see her grandchildren for a few more years made it all worthwhile. I'm afraid when it comes to cancer its a bit of a lottery if treatments work or not but the result is much more certain without it.

Swanny
26-02-13, 09:20 PM
Thanks yea she had cancer in her liver which spread to her bones. There are natural treatments out there that have high success rates. I would have put her on those instead but unfortunately I didn't know about them at the time 1997
If I ever have cancer I won't be going to the doctors looking for a cure.

Swanny
26-02-13, 09:25 PM
If anyone needs to know about alternative cancer cures look into Rick Simpson and his amazing results using Hemp oil

http://phoenixtears.ca/

Scotty
26-02-13, 10:16 PM
...Nor do I intend to give up smoking....

So, you'll persist with one of the proven most harmful habits, yet you're making all this fuss over something that you've picked up from "Conspiracy Theories R Us" - you really ****ing love the sound of your own voice don't you?

Swanny
27-02-13, 12:37 AM
...Nor do I intend to give up smoking....

So, you'll persist with one of the proven most harmful habits, yet you're making all this fuss over something that you've picked up from "Conspiracy Theories R Us" - you really ****ing love the sound of your own voice don't you?
Haha that's rich coming from you ;D ;D ;D

Scotty
27-02-13, 07:47 AM
Really? Sure I have opinions, many of them in fact, as do all of the other forum users on here, but we don't feel the compulsion to post about everything that runs through our minds all the time. :-X

Why not see if the domain name Swannyworld is still available? If it is you can start up your own website and rant away to your heart's content. ;)

Swanny
27-02-13, 09:59 AM
So people are only allowed to post on subjects that pass Scottyworld criteria?? Your avatar sums you and your personality up perfectly.

It's quite simple, if you don't like reading my posts then ignore them. :P

Swanny
27-02-13, 10:12 AM
Hey Scotty how about in future I submit my thoughts and ideas to you first?? That way if it's a subject that upsets you you get to censor it before I post it.

Does that idea appeal to you or are you going to give it a X
;D

Scotty
27-02-13, 12:33 PM
I do ignore most of your posts Swanny. Choosing whether or not to read them isn't easy when logging on and clicking to read the 50 most recent posts and finding that half of them are from you, posting up random photographs and video footage that you've found, ranting about what you don't want to pay taxes for in life, how society is about to implode, how you hate mobile phones, various conspiracy theories etc. ad infinitum

The old proverb is true - empty vessels do make the most noise.

Swanny
27-02-13, 04:18 PM
Life's a bitch Scotty, my heart bleeds for you ;D

By the way that X wasn't a kiss :-* ;)

wiltshire builders
27-02-13, 06:46 PM
Scotty
Diamond Member
That post was utter bollocks.....

1.49 Posts per day
Date Registered:
Jan 13th, 2009 at 6:54pm
1505 Days since joining

Swanny
Diamond Member

3.34 Posts per day
Date Registered:
May 20th, 2011 at 8:41am
649 Days since joining

redken1
27-02-13, 06:55 PM
Scotty
Diamond Member

1.49 Posts per day
Date Registered:
1505 Days since joining

Swanny
Diamond Member

3.34 Posts per day
Date Registered:
649 Days since joining

I have no desire to become embroiled in a petty playground type squabble, but so what??? :-? 8-) :)

wiltshire builders
27-02-13, 07:25 PM
Scotty
Diamond Member

1.49 Posts per day
Date Registered:
1505 Days since joining

Swanny
Diamond Member

3.34 Posts per day
Date Registered:
649 Days since joining

I have no desire to become embroiled in a petty playground type squabble, but so what??? :-? 8-) :)
I wouldn't dream of telling you what to think. I'm just supplying the info for you to draw your own conclusions. ;)

Swanny
27-02-13, 07:57 PM
Yea. So What????

Swanny
27-02-13, 08:21 PM
I found a documentary that I thought may be of interest to people so I posted it here in the Non-Bike Chat section of the forum.
As an active member of this club I don't see what's wrong with that, maybe someone could explain to me why that's a problem??? As far as I can tell no one is forced to read my posts.
So what if I have posted on average 3.34 Posts per day over the last two years? My post count also covers bike related info and jokes to make people smile, I welcome new members, I help out when I can. I've made donations to the clubs funding.
Seems to me that some people here just enjoy having ago.

Anyway as usual I'm off to our weekly bike meet where I will be happy to have a chat face to face with anyone that has a problem with me. See you there

Nelly
27-02-13, 08:42 PM
...and on that note...

Ca we calm this down please?

wiltshire builders
27-02-13, 08:47 PM
So what if I have posted on average 3.34 Posts per day over the last two years? My post count also covers bike related info and jokes to make people smile, I welcome new members, I help out when I can. I've made donations to the clubs funding.

Why do you assume that I was critising you? Perhaps I was pointing out what a valuable member of the forum you are.
It appears you're not as open minded as you lead us to believe. ;)

Swanny
27-02-13, 11:25 PM
Sorry mate maybe I did jump the gun and take your post on the wrong way but wears you down when you get judged on everything you post. I joined this club and forum to have fun go on rideouts and share information with fellow bikers, not to get in to battles, I don't mind a bit of banter but I will stand my ground if I think people are taking the piss.