PDA

View Full Version : Goverment to be prosecuted over climate change???

Jon_W
08-03-13, 10:03 AM
The government is facing a case in the UK Supreme Court later over its failure to cut air pollution in line with legal limits.

The government admits air quality laws will be breached in 15 regions until 2020.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21691784

Swanny
08-03-13, 11:29 AM
:-X

redken1
08-03-13, 11:46 AM
After reading the article, am I missing something here? So why are local authorities discouraging motorcycles from entering cities by introducing parking charges etc? Surely switching to two wheels would dramatically reduce urban congestion, as a consequence therefore, improving the quality of the air, right???? :-?

Crosbie
08-03-13, 11:54 AM
Are you choking on the pollution Swanny? ;D

It makes me laugh. The only way to reduce the levels required i recon (finger in the air guess) is by either removing all vehicles that produce more than 120g/km from the roads full stop and make all buses run on hydrogen (they could make them leak proof also to stop all the coolant and oil dripping out of them onto the roads and into the waterways).

Will it/could it happen..... NO because its barmey!
Tax is not a method of reducing emissions/pollution. It just pays the fines for not complying with law. ::)

Wind turbines and nuclear is the only sustainable way to make a serious impact on pollution/co2. Thats just my view though

Kevinb
08-03-13, 01:21 PM
Are you choking on the pollution Swanny? ;D

It makes me laugh. The only way to reduce the levels required i recon (finger in the air guess) is by either removing all vehicles that produce more than 120g/km from the roads full stop and make all buses run on hydrogen (they could make them leak proof also to stop all the coolant and oil dripping out of them onto the roads and into the waterways).

Will it/could it happen..... NO because its barmey!
Tax is not a method of reducing emissions/pollution. It just pays the fines for not complying with law. ::)

Wind turbines and nuclear is the only sustainable way to make a serious impact on pollution/co2. Thats just my view though

Totally agree nuclear is the way forward. I would like to see more wind turbines/severn barrage.

They would rather pick on pollution from 'developed' countries rather than the ones now producing massive pollutants e.g. India, China and still the good US of A

Col
17-03-13, 02:37 PM
Bloody wind turbines are an eyesore and we [mugs] get forced to pay for them to be built by bloody foreign firms who then charge us to use the paltry bit of leccy they produce

Nuclear should have been sorted by now ---and why cause grief by shutting down the current stations until nuclear is available.

'Course problems lie in the fact this island is now over populated all wanting power and no controls so things will obviously get worse as breeding increases.......

..........**** :o this could affect beer production !!!!!!!!

Don't ever forget tho' these 'fines' imposed by foreigners WILL be paid by taxation from you and the weak areselicking politicos YOU vote in will be all too eager to hand over YOUR cash....... enjoy :-*

Remember that useless Beckett Liebore bitch---cost US £millions in 'fines' because she failed miserably [not a surprise ::) ] to organise the CAP [single farm payment lunacy..more twaddle invented by tossers] reforms..

... don't worry YOU paid...kept pretty quiet but well done I'm sure contributions to EU help with more merlot/ chardonnay

UK land of the shafted mug ::) 'sigh'

Beamer
17-03-13, 05:47 PM
Bloody wind turbines are an eyesore and we [mugs] get forced to pay for them to be built by bloody foreign firms who then charge us to use the paltry bit of leccy they produce

Nuclear should have been sorted by now ---and why cause grief by shutting down the current stations until nuclear is available.

'Course problems lie in the fact this island is now over populated all wanting power and no controls so things will obviously get worse as breeding increases.......

..........**** :o this could affect beer production !!!!!!!!

Don't ever forget tho' these 'fines' imposed by foreigners WILL be paid by taxation from you and the weak areselicking politicos YOU vote in will be all too eager to hand over YOUR cash....... enjoy :-*

Remember that useless Beckett Liebore bitch---cost US £millions in 'fines' because she failed miserably [not a surprise ::) ] to organise the CAP [single farm payment lunacy..more twaddle invented by tossers] reforms..

... don't worry YOU paid...kept pretty quiet but well done I'm sure contributions to EU help with more merlot/ chardonnay

UK land of the shafted mug ::) 'sigh'

Oh Col.......you are ace.....simple explanations of the political wrong doings of our Government.

I get completely lost with manifesto's and all the bumph to go with politics.

The powers that be need someone like you to translate all their rubbish and gobbledy gook language so the average Joe or Jane Bloggs (like me) can actually understand what the hell they are going on about

Love it :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dabz
17-03-13, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure col's take on politics is exactly the one to base your political intelligence on Tina :p :D ;D