PDA

View Full Version : The nod

Conehead
18-03-13, 11:30 AM
I always give the 'nod' to fellow bikes

BUT

Have you ever caught yourself doing it to passing bikers even when you are just walking. I mean no gear or helmet to show you are one. I did.
;D

Nelly
18-03-13, 11:40 AM
Do it in the car all the time ;D

Geordie Stu
18-03-13, 11:44 AM

Same nod in the car. :D

QB1
18-03-13, 11:48 AM

Me too :-[ ;D

wiltshire builders
18-03-13, 01:00 PM
No, but I have been known to 'flip the bird' if people do it to me. I don't know why and I mean no harm.
I just find it funny ;D

Trev
18-03-13, 01:13 PM

Not in the car - I drive a Volvo ;D

Splash
18-03-13, 01:17 PM
I always make bike noise 'Brummmmmmmmmmmmm' if I pass a biker, a habit I can't get out of, rarely nod though, prefer a quick wave!

QB1
18-03-13, 01:40 PM
It's when you start filtering in the car you've got to worry. Not that I speak from experience ;) :) :o

Swanny
18-03-13, 04:46 PM
Yea me too ;D

Conehead
18-03-13, 05:04 PM
Glad I am not alone in this then. ;D ;D

Speaking of filtering in the car, I don't but have found I drive closer to the middle than I used to in the early days and it drives my wife mental. Well more mental than usual. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Elliott_Carr
18-03-13, 06:07 PM
i always nod to a fellow biker but being on a 125 with a big L slapped on the front of my bike i don't get a very good response back ;) i do nod to bikers when im walking about town and then i think to my self he/she doesn't know im a biker and then you get the awfull stare ;D ;D

KP
18-03-13, 06:24 PM
i dont tend to nod as much as i used to i must admit, but certainly do if i know the on coming biker ( wait for it bloody misery guts lol) i have my reasons ok......so there na na na na na ::) ::) ::) ::)

Snowy
18-03-13, 06:59 PM
Nah.....never :)

Splash
18-03-13, 07:12 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D Industry standard that ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wes
18-03-13, 07:17 PM
It has happened ;D

Snowy
18-03-13, 07:43 PM

Yep, us BMW riders know if we're walking or riding ;D ;D ;D

Conehead
18-03-13, 08:10 PM

Only once the training wheels have come off. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Splash
18-03-13, 08:30 PM

PMSL! :D ;D

Snowy
18-03-13, 08:33 PM

If those are the latest must have Touratech accessory then I must get hold of a set ;D ;D ;D

Splash
18-03-13, 09:05 PM

If those are the latest must have Touratech accessory then I must get hold of a set ;D ;D ;D

At least they'll make the yearly adventure to the local coffee shop for a latte a doddle ;)

Snowy
18-03-13, 09:14 PM

At least they'll make the yearly adventure to the local coffee shop for a latte a doddle ;)

Nah.....mine has a built in Expresso machine fed via an hydration pack. You've been reading too many non - GS "Adventure" forums ;D ;D ;D

Splash
18-03-13, 09:24 PM

Nah.....mine has a built in Expresso machine fed via an hydration pack. You've been reading too many non - GS "Adventure" forums ;D ;D ;D

I should have known that, built in Expresso machine malarky - I knew you guys don't like getting your bikes dirty ;D ;D ::)

P.s. Saw a lovely K1600GTL this morning at the pumps...I want one! :'(

Snowy
18-03-13, 09:27 PM

I should have known that, built in Expresso machine malarky - I knew you guys don't like getting your bikes dirty ;D ;D ::)

Mine's filthy having been out on it last Saturday...didn't see a single other Yamahonducatriumph Adventurous bike on the roads ;D ;D ;D

Splash
18-03-13, 09:29 PM

Mine's filthy having been out on it last Saturday...didn't see a single other Yamahonducatriumph Adventurous bike on the roads ;D ;D ;D

Well, it helps if you get out of the neighborhood for starters ;) ;D

Snowy
18-03-13, 09:39 PM
[/quote]

Well, it helps if you get out of the neighborhood for starters ;) ;D
[/quote]

Meaning?

Conehead
18-03-13, 10:46 PM
oooohhhhhhhh, hear comes the fight. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Splash
19-03-13, 07:06 AM

haha, ;D ;D

Snowy
19-03-13, 07:39 AM

haha, ;D ;D

But what did you actually mean by your post #23?

MrSquidbeak
19-03-13, 07:43 AM
I always give the 'nod' to fellow bikes

BUT

Have you ever caught yourself doing it to passing bikers even when you are just walking. I mean no gear or helmet to show you are one. I did.
;D

Do it when im at work in the ambulance and they seem to glare back at me in a strange surprise

Kevinb
19-03-13, 08:40 AM
I have been known to lean into a corner when I'm in the car. Haven't tried a wheelie yet though ;D

MelkshamKwak
19-03-13, 12:19 PM
Oh Dear - never in the car, but as a habit when walking....

Splash
19-03-13, 01:04 PM

haha, ;D ;D

It was an offence post mate, I'm not sure why the mood suddenly seemed to turn, I made the joke saying you guy's don't like getting your bikes dirty, and you said you didn't see any other ADV bikes out on Saturday so I again 'joked' to go along with the 'dirty' post that it helps if you get out on the roads...

Snowy
19-03-13, 05:05 PM

haha, ;D ;D

It was an offence post mate, I'm not sure why the mood suddenly seemed to turn, I made the joke saying you guy's don't like getting your bikes dirty, and you said you didn't see any other ADV bikes out on Saturday so I again 'joked' to go along with the 'dirty' post that it helps if you get out on the roads...

No worries.....I had lost where we had got to in the ribbing stakes so just needed to reset the thought process ;)

Splash
19-03-13, 06:15 PM

haha, ;D ;D

No worries.....I had lost where we had got to in the ribbing stakes so just needed to reset the thought process ;)

;) understood 8-)