PDA

View Full Version : Decorating a classroom - Sun April 21st -new date

bubblylittleme
14-12-12, 07:36 PM
The special needs school I work at had all leading pinched from the school roof during the bad weather a few weeks ago and the rain came in the classes and corridors causing lots of damage. Tiles fell off the wall in one classroom and ceiling panels were ruined.

We need to repaint and tile it but do not have the funds. Is there any of you bikers that could spare a day in Jan to help us repair the school?

This had to be postponed in Jan due to the snow so now decorating on the 21st April if you can help

redken1
14-12-12, 07:47 PM
The special needs school I work at had all leading pinched from the school roof during the bad weather a few weeks ago and the rain came in the classes and corridors causing lots of damage. Tiles fell off the wall in one classroom and ceiling panels were ruined.

We need to repaint and tile it but do not have the funds. Is there any of you bikers that could spare a weekend in Jan to help us repair the school?

Is it not a state school Sue?

Conehead
14-12-12, 07:47 PM
I would love to help, depending which weekend. I assume it is in Melksham.

Morticia
14-12-12, 08:07 PM
Me :)

Senna(Dan)
14-12-12, 11:42 PM
Sue if I am in date dependant

Gooz
15-12-12, 04:52 PM
you can have as much of my time as you like, well worthy cause state or not, why should the kids suffer because of some thieving scumbags.

Goldie
16-12-12, 05:03 PM
the school is in Chippenham afaik, I'd love to help if I can

Loops
16-12-12, 06:12 PM
I can come wave a paint brush about or do a bit of tiling (as long as I'm free on the weekend chosen) :)

bubblylittleme
16-12-12, 07:12 PM
It is a state school. The lead has been replaced but need to sort internal damage.

Have put few dates uo so can you chose.

Thank you for offers.

Conehead
16-12-12, 08:39 PM
I would not be able to confirm a date till closer the time but will try my best to be available.

njl
17-12-12, 01:49 AM
Sundays with some notice are ok for me

Col
17-12-12, 05:12 PM
Would it be right to say as usual nobody saw the lowlife nicking this lead , no metal dealers seen it , plod has found nowt and nothing on a cctv ... only guessing ::)

I am utterly useless at everything and that includes diy stuff but if able and not tied up elsewhere will try to get there on the day selected but no promises

redken1
17-12-12, 07:49 PM
The reason I asked as to whether or not this was a state school was because I was faced with a similar situation at the school both my children attended.

Nursery and primary one infants were forced to queue up at the rear entrance at the start of the school day. As the playground drain was blocked they were standing in a pool of water on rainy days. And for months on end the teachers would place buckets on the classroom desks to catch the raindrops falling from the leaking roof.

As a parent I decided enough was enough and took up the cudgels. On one hand, the area manager of the LA education dept advised me that only proficient tradesmen with public liability insurance would be allowed in to the school building, and on the other hand there was no surplus cash left in the budget for that financial year to pay for any repairs.

Not good enough, so it was time for naming and shaming the LA. With camera in hand I walked up to the school one wet weekend and took photographs of the flooded playground and buckets of water in the classrooms. Along with a copy of a covering letter to the LA’s insurers and my ward Councillor I emailed the pics to local papers. The following week’s edition of our local paper featured a story on the school and hey presto, all the essential repairs were completed within a short space of time.

Not always, but sometimes a bit of negative adverse publicity can lead to a positive outcome.

Just something for the parents of your school to consider Sue.

Good luck

Dabz
17-12-12, 08:15 PM
I see 13th Jan is up as an option...don't forget that's the WB Christmas Meal :)

bubblylittleme
18-12-12, 06:37 PM
I see 13th Jan is up as an option...don't forget that's the WB Christmas Meal :)

forgot that..will remove

bubblylittleme
19-12-12, 06:14 PM
Right... we are going for Sunday 20th January 10am for those that can help.

We have some painting equipment but depending on numbers may need more. Will also need a couple of step ladders. We have 3ft high ladders only. We will only be painting as tiling has now been done. They received a certain amount of funding but not enough to paint all classrooms that needed it.

please put name below if you can make it

bubblylittleme
spike

njl
19-12-12, 06:27 PM
please put name below if you can make it

bubblylittleme
spike
nickL can bring a combi ladder / platform

wiltshire builders
20-12-12, 11:30 AM
the area manager of the LA education dept advised me that only proficient tradesmen with public liability insurance would be allowed in to the school building,

I have PLI upto £2 million and as for being proficient, there's a saying in the trade. "If you can P*ss, you can paint!" ;D

redken1
20-12-12, 12:19 PM
the area manager of the LA education dept advised me that only proficient tradesmen with public liability insurance would be allowed in to the school building,

I have PLI upto £2 million and as for being proficient, there's a saying in the trade. "If you can P*ss, you can paint!" ;D

That explains why I can never find a toilet when I’m working on a building site. ;) ;D

Sorry Sue - carry on

bubblylittleme
05-01-13, 08:52 PM
any more fancy helping out?

Gooz
08-01-13, 07:30 PM
Stick my name down chickie, will bring over my neighbour next door too ( he's a painter and decorator with all the kit and owes me ) ! please remind me the thursday before as I will forget :(

Senna(Dan)
09-01-13, 09:28 AM
I will be there Sue.
Post up the address so I can spack nav it from Carterton

Mas1
10-01-13, 11:53 AM
Will be glad to lend a hand :)

bubblylittleme
10-01-13, 05:25 PM
Stick my name down chickie, will bring over my neighbour next door too ( he's a painter and decorator with all the kit and owes me ) ! please remind me the thursday before as I will forget :(

thanks. Will do

bubblylittleme
10-01-13, 05:26 PM
bubblylittleme
spike
nickL can bring a combi ladder / platform
Gooz
Senna
Satch
?goldie
?loops
?conehead

bubblylittleme
14-01-13, 07:07 PM
Its at St Nicholas School, Malmesbury Road, Chippenham SN15 1QF
Just down from Tale of Spice (Old King William Pub). Turn into Long Ridings and its on left.

How many are coming?

Conehead
14-01-13, 07:39 PM
I would love to help but unfortunately something has come up. Good luck to all going and sorry to let yo down at last minute.

Senna(Dan)
17-01-13, 01:51 PM
Sue,
All up for this but it is now weather dependant as I will be on two wheels and not in the cage and don't fancy battling snow.

bubblylittleme
17-01-13, 05:25 PM
Definitely weather dependant...if I can get there.

Will keep you informed so check Saturday evening.

bubblylittleme
18-01-13, 10:37 AM
school have postponed this due to weather condition. Will rearrange.

Senna(Dan)
18-01-13, 10:41 AM
No worries Sue, keep us posted.

Mas1
18-01-13, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info Sue. Just let me know when and i will do my Best to Help.

bubblylittleme
19-01-13, 10:04 PM
Thank you x

bubblylittleme
18-02-13, 06:40 PM
We need to sort out another date for painting the classroom.
which suits best? Sat 9th March, Sun 21st April, Sat 28th April, Sun 29th April

bubblylittleme
18-02-13, 06:42 PM
Please vote

bubblylittleme
26-02-13, 10:36 PM
Gone for 21st April....any more offers of help please. Add name.

bubblylittleme
spike

bubblylittleme
10-03-13, 12:41 PM
Is anyone else available?

Jed
10-03-13, 06:04 PM
I do intend to come along a give a hand, is the date now fixed?

Beamer
10-03-13, 06:44 PM
Im really sorry Sue.....Its Connors birthday that day so I dont think he'd be too chuffed if I told him his birthday treat is painting a room especially as he's hoping to go to Thorpe Park :) :) :) :)

bubblylittleme
10-03-13, 10:24 PM
thanks Jed. Yes its fixed

bubblylittleme
29-03-13, 07:50 PM
I am going to have to put this off another week as Mary is moving to London now on the 21st April.
Can people make Sunday 28th April?