PDA

View Full Version : Tree Surgeon Advice - Tree Preservation Orders

SBQE2
01-04-13, 10:08 AM
Are there any Tree Surgeons out there that can help me persuade the council to carry out work on a couple of Scots Pines that are overhanging my mums garage and have had large branches fall off.

The reason I am concerned is that the branches in question were quite large and live branches not just dead wood.

Some advice about what to write to the council would be very helpful, especially as they appear to indicate on their website that a formal report is necessary. I do have photographs and a plan of the house and trees and can knock up something on the computer but wondered if there was a particular tack to take that might be more successful.

Cheers

Steve

wheelers
01-04-13, 12:45 PM
ask Daniel 07814076985 its his job I~ think

Rabb
01-04-13, 08:22 PM
I can help you (probably)
A few questions Steve - :

1. Is there a tree preservation order in place on the trees?
2. Who owns the trees (who's land are they on?)
3. Have you reported problems with the trees before? (Branches dropping e.t.c - H&S issues)
4. Are the trees healthy looking?

Answer the above and I will probably Pm you.

SBQE2
01-04-13, 09:12 PM
Hi Rabb,

1. Yes there are TPO's in place

2. They are in Mum's garden

3. These have been reported previously and some branches were allowed to be removed but that was several years ago. Since then Mum approached the council but got the cold shoulder and was instructed to submit a formal report, however, we have not yet done this.

4. As to whether the trees are healthy looking I'm not sure, possibly a couple are and some aren't. Sorry to be a bit vague but I'm not a tree expert to put it mildly. What is of concern is the branch that fell off a few weeks ago appeared to be a very healthy branch and there didn't appear to be any reason why it should suddenly break off. Because this branch was so heavy I have put a bin at the end of the path and told mum not to go down the path in case anything else falls down.

One of the trees has several quite large dead branches stuck in the tree and one of the smaller trees has a considerable amount of ivy on the trunk but I don't know whether that is relevant or not.

I have posted a couple of photo's on photobucket at

http://s752.photobucket.com/user/SBQE2/library/Trees

If there are any other questions let me know, thanks for trying to help :)

Steve

alanTDM
01-04-13, 09:28 PM
I should think the trees have been there a long time so who ever built the houses used the trees as part of the design,however Scott Pines do drop there branches ,thats why the majority of them are all bare going up the trunk with the pine needles etc at the top.And usally not found around new housing nowadays.
The recent bad weather high winds etc has not done trees a lot of good.Phone the Council again and get them to come and have a look under the H&S,if they shrug it off again remind them that it will cost them alot more not to sort it out through injury and damage claims if not fixed.

Rabb
01-04-13, 09:42 PM
It's complicated when TPO's are involved!
I will pm you.