PDA

View Full Version : Most scariest moment...

Mac
05-01-06, 08:20 PM
Obviously you've lived to tell the tale but had any hairy moments (not hirsute)on the bike?

Scott_W
06-01-06, 09:20 AM
For me, it was when I was knocked off back in 97. We'd only had the bike (my wife and I shared a Thundercat at the time) for a few months and I'm filtering through traffic in Reading.

Anyway, the images still live with me know of seeing the chap in his car just pull out to overtake some traffic (basically to queue jump as he was late for his holiday flight) just as I'm right next to his drivers door. I hit his wing, and the bike I flew threw the air and I just remember seeing the ground, air, bike flying, air, ground and thankfully no oncoming traffic, which given it was the rush hour was pretty amazing!

Anyway, I walked away from it fine (thank god I was wearing proper gear) and the bike was written off. The police and a paramedic attended the scene and the car driver was prosecuted by the police for Driving without Due Care and Attention and ended up with 5 points on his license, £275 fine and costs.

We ended up with a new bike courtesy of the insurance policy.

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
06-01-06, 11:53 AM
Nearly falling of a cliff up in the lake district on an off roading day. My back wheel was around 3-4 inches away from dropping, I didnt know until one of the blokes I was riding with started getting brown pants and shouted do not roll back. I then looked back and thought mummy...............

GIXER_PAUL
06-01-06, 04:01 PM
Er my scariest but now i think my funniest was last year having a ride out with scott and another chap accellerated of the island on his vmax so i did the same only i think i did it a tad to hard. Anyways ended up pulling a big wheelie and poooped my panties. It was my first one on the road bike and caught me off guard. Scott saw it and could tell i was shook up but within a couple of mins i was laughin.

Scott_W
06-01-06, 04:22 PM
That was a funny moment for me watching! :D

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
06-01-06, 04:23 PM
His leathers still smell of it

Scott_W
06-01-06, 04:35 PM
A bit like you when I pulled a wheelie pulling away from the lights that time with you on the back! ;D The raw power of the Thundercat hey!!!!??!! Or more to the point, over 15 stone over the rear wheel and a rather rapid launch from the lights to beat that car away!

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
06-01-06, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about that, but that was one of the first times I went out with you and to be fair the only protection I had bar the Durex in my wallet was my a helmet

Scott_W
06-01-06, 04:54 PM
Aye....

V-TWIN
06-01-06, 06:35 PM
chasing a subaru special edition, entered a corner at around 60-70, he went sideways, i drifted into a curb giving the sp1 a whole new riding style like a crosser till it went down n tubbled/slid down a long grass bank, all whilst wearing jeans n leather jacket, thank god i landed on grass :), The bike was only then to emerge louder n faster as had an excuss to mod it after the crash :)

Gav
06-01-06, 06:43 PM
To many to name a worse scary moment but one of the worse was tuckin the front end up on a ZXR400SP entering Redgate at Donnington up the inside of a blade..... Only really scary cause of the speed and the fact it would have been a high side and at that speed it would have hurt....BIG TIME

tomcat
06-01-06, 07:58 PM
no really scarey moments on my bike only one i can think of was coming of off a roundabout while opening it up and underestimated where the kurb was lucky i managed to get it round without hitting it or crashing :s

on the back of a mates bike was prob on back of lewis cbr400 we was racing a r5gtt along the road from old town towards west swindon we went under that bridge at high speed just managing to get inbetween a car and the bridge oh and just missing my head im sure :s

just laughed afterwards such a rush.

S2_Neo
23-01-06, 04:45 PM
HAHA, Told you not to try and keep up :D hehe

P

chasing a subaru special edition, entered a corner at around 60-70, he went sideways, i drifted into a curb giving the sp1 a whole new riding style like a crosser till it went down n tubbled/slid down a long grass bank, all whilst wearing jeans n leather jacket, thank god i landed on grass :), The bike was only then to emerge louder n faster as had an excuss to mod it after the crash :)

V-TWIN
23-01-06, 06:51 PM
lol :P

m1tch
23-01-06, 10:11 PM
my scariest was going up vic hill with gav following in his car, the ground was kind of damp when on my sp1 i thought id slide it up to the roundabout as i hit the back brake, the back wheel locked and i was sliding side to side and luckily i pull the clutch in and stopped. good job too or i would have been in pizza express, ; but i can laugh now. ;D

sleepy
25-01-06, 07:18 PM
hears a few:

bin hit by two cars,three bikes,highsided once,lowsided once,hit diesel twice,flipped it wheeliein,come off on snow four times and hit two kirbs.

thought id get em out the way while i was young lol
but on a serious note lucky to be alive

m1tch
25-01-06, 09:57 PM
mate you make it sound like an everyday thing, you should be a stunt man. ;D

V-TWIN
28-01-06, 04:42 PM
hehehehehehe