PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Sprint....I want one!

Dabz
20-01-06, 10:15 PM
http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/models/Triumph/Sprints/2005/studio/BigP/Triumph_SprintST_rhf_bg.jpg

saw one of these today in the flesh at Fowlers in Bristol...gorgeous gorgeous bike, my only fault would be a messy back end, but the rest of the bike is just awesome

"The 1050cc, 123bhp triple gives masses of torque, pulls from any gear and embarrasses full on sports bike riders. "

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
21-01-06, 08:54 AM
Oh do not get started on why you should look at another bike!!!!!!

Dabz
21-01-06, 09:00 AM
hehe go on..

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
21-01-06, 09:17 AM
I could be here all day,

thin paint jobs so they stone chip way to easy,

they have a problem when the bike gets warm the screen delaminates and holds the liquid in, new screen needed

Engines rusting thru salt etc,

Very thin seat cover so they can be torn easily

are just a few of the problems I can think of from what I have seen from my customers bikes

No room for anything due to the underseat exhausts

Mac
21-01-06, 09:21 AM
Michael was looking at the CBR600F, the VFR, but as soon as he saw this bike yesterday he threw those out of the window!

I think he'll be interested in reading what u've posted Rich...

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
21-01-06, 09:26 AM
VFR800 Vtech mate if he after a good sports tourer. Jap and boomproof

Dabz
21-01-06, 09:38 AM
hmm so poor build quality then? pity as I love that bike (not that I could afford one for the forseeable future anyway heh). Unusual for triumph to have poor build quality though isn't it? the triumphs I've seen before (g/f's dad has a bonneville) have been excellent

Scott_W
21-01-06, 11:23 AM
That bike does look stunning though!

I saw the new 2006 R6 yesterday in the flesh and I was a bit disappointed by it. The pictures made it look soooo nice.

Dabz
22-01-06, 10:14 PM
does look stunning doesn't it...it's defintiely something to set my sights on...if I win any money or get a big pay rise lol...

Mac
22-01-06, 10:49 PM
I have to say the R6 looks lush from the side...just not from the front...but then again I guess i'll only see it in my mirrors eh ;)
lol

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
23-01-06, 03:56 PM
Oh yeah if the run the panniers they leaked like a bitch!

Michael
29-01-06, 03:12 PM
I agree the back end looked naff when we saw it, but overall look is great. Only problem is I can't aford the dosh. If I get myslf sorted this week I think I'll be ordering a 600F (in silver) for March delivery. Sold both my Kawaski and Suzuki within a week!! So need to get another bike quick!

Dabz
29-01-06, 09:45 PM
cool, was looking at the F's in fowlers yesterday and loving them!