PDA

View Full Version : fav places to ride to?

Dabz
01-02-06, 10:17 PM
I know some people on here haven't started got their bikes yet, but I guess we can add to this thread as time goes on. Just a bit of forward planning for the summer months when I intend to spend every afternoon that I'm not in my convertible on the bike.

Anyway, just wondering what people's fav places to ride to are. I always prefer riding to/from somewhere rather than just aimlessly round so here are a couple of mine and why:

Fowlers, Bristol - from where I live it's a good choice of a mainly city-road route or across the mendips, so a nice mixed ride then plenty to look at when you get there. always a carpark full of bikes on a saturday, they do a good cup of coffee for 80p, and the shop is great to wander round

Red Lion pub, amesbury - starting to be a bit of a police magnet, but this is an ultimate biker pub and it's fun watching the slightly more adventurous people do their wheelies down the road to the side. good biking atmosphere and nice roads to/from there (although quite a few mobile coppers lately)

Poole Harbour - for the weekly bike meets - biggest regular bike meet I've been to with literally hundreds of bikes to look at - nice long ride down and a very good night out

will add to this as I remember the names of more places :P

quick pic of the red lion on a quiet day hehe:

http://www.nvmdigital.com/photos/photo480/BU480/BU50redlion480.JPG

Mac
01-02-06, 10:20 PM
Cough cough its Avebury!

I've always liked Wales and north Devon for twisties and country lanes...
Poole on a Tuesday night sounds a laugh for fish and chips on the pier!

Now where is this SUNNY WEATHER!

Dabz
01-02-06, 10:25 PM
just realised that, I ALWAYS get the 2 mixed up lol

Scott_W
02-02-06, 08:48 AM
Possibly Portsmouth for me... there are some great country roads from where myself and RVFBabe live to get there. Once there, we can swing by a great chippy and then sit back on the seafront watching the world go by.

Other than that, I guess possibly heading out to Fox's Diner in Dorchester. Again good roads all round that neck of the woods and the food isn't bad there either.

I'm spotting a trend here with me and food............! :D

Dabz
02-02-06, 10:15 AM
I love portsmouth, used to live there :)

S2_Neo
02-02-06, 11:01 AM
Avebury, Poole, Dorchester all great roads :)

Sure i'll be seeing all of these on two wheels soon enough! :)

P

Scott_W
02-02-06, 11:50 AM
Dabz, whereabouts in Pompey did you live? We go down there quite often.

If you were in that neck of the woods did you used to ride to East Meon (the Little Chef)?

Dabz
02-02-06, 12:56 PM
It was before I was of riding age - we used to live in the village of Titchfield which is near fareham. still go down there a fair bit, my brother lives in southampton

Scott_W
02-02-06, 04:12 PM
I used to live in Southampton (Upper Shirley) whilst I attended Uni down there. Always liked heading down to Ocean Village when the sun was out.

Dabz
02-02-06, 04:50 PM
yeh my brother lives on the road next to the uni, he graduated last year but doesn't wanna move! I stayed living at home for uni so I could spend the student loan on cars lol

V-TWIN
03-02-06, 05:42 PM
id also say avebury is one of my fav rides, arriving and leaving on the straight next to pub is 1 wheel territory :)