PDA

View Full Version : opinions needed: forum/site upgrade?

Dabz
01-03-06, 09:49 AM
I'm looking to upgrade the site to a portal system in the next couple of months to give extra features such as user galleries, a calendar, news, downloads etc...

the question is, do you all think we should change to a new version of forums at this time - losing all previous posts and members would need to sign up again, or keep these forums?

the forum software isn't too bad, and seems to run on the whole very well

last question...does the site NEED to be a fully featured portal or do we keep with just the forums?

Scott_W
01-03-06, 10:32 AM
TBH, I think the site is fine. The gallery bit would be OK, but why not just have a new section for news? What downloads would you offer? I'm not sure a calendar is required either as I know I wouldn't use it, but I guess others might.

GIXER_PAUL
01-03-06, 10:35 AM
I say its fine as it is tbh

Dabz
01-03-06, 10:58 AM
to be honest I think there's no need to move away from just the forums...

will wait for mac to get back form sunning himself in France to add his opinions too!

RVFBabe
01-03-06, 11:00 AM
I agree, the site is fine as it is.

The gallery would be a nice idea, but maybe just a thread for 'bike pictures' only can cover this with no additional comments to make it too long? Just a thought

:)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
01-03-06, 12:48 PM
less jokes from Neil and I!

SkyJawa
01-03-06, 12:53 PM
PMSL @ Rich ;D

Yeah - fine as is IMHO :D

Katel
01-03-06, 01:29 PM
Well you've got a section for Your Rides, so I don't think a gallery is really needed tbh.

I think it's fine as it is :)

S2_Neo
01-03-06, 03:18 PM
Either way, you have to remember, would it be benificial doing it now? As not hundreds of members...............Say you made this change a year down the line, the amount of posts, and members lost would be much greater.

I say do it now, purely for this reason.

P

Amante_271
02-03-06, 08:22 AM
As a New Kid On The Block (great name for a band????) I think the site is fine at the moment. The Forum idea works well. A section where people can recommend/ slag off stores, breakers etc would be a help, but as the old saying goes....
If it aint broke... Dont fix it!!!

Dabz
02-03-06, 09:30 AM
welcome to the site :)