PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Bring on summer!

SkyJawa
26-02-06, 07:41 PM
Traded my FZ6-N in today. Was my first bike, had since Aug to play about on with the idea that I'd trade up around now.

Went and put a deposit on this baby today, pick up next week, can't wait!!! 8-) :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ambrosen/ninja/silver.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Rich - got any tips for removing the Autocom mate?

Dabz
26-02-06, 07:46 PM
ooo no fair that's my 2nd fav bike after the triumph sprint st!

S2_Neo
27-02-06, 12:04 AM
Liking that, in silver too?

P

SkyJawa
27-02-06, 08:32 AM
Yep, actual bike is in silver! :D I like to break the green mould ;) :)

Scott_W
27-02-06, 08:49 AM
As I said via messenger yesterday, tart! :P ;)

GIXER_PAUL
27-02-06, 08:57 AM
ooo very nice :)

RVFBabe
27-02-06, 09:28 AM
I'm soooo jealous :(

Looks gorgeous :)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
27-02-06, 09:40 AM
Good choice mate, given the choice I would have one or the zx10. Not the new 06 jobbie that looks like its got a J-lo arse.

SkyJawa
27-02-06, 11:01 AM
As I said via messenger yesterday, tart! :P ;)

LMAO!!! ;D

SkyJawa
27-02-06, 11:02 AM
Good choice mate, given the choice I would have one or the zx10. Not the new 06 jobbie that looks like its got a J-lo arse.

My thoughts too, had to be the last of the side exhaust shapes! :D

Cheers Nice and Paul! :D Got tired of seeing all these sportbikes looking superb going past, so its time I joined in the fun!

So any tips on removing your Autocom jobbie - should it be relatively straightforward?

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
27-02-06, 11:11 AM
So any tips on removing your Autocom jobbie - should it be relatively straightforward?[/quote]

That information will cost you :P Neh mate just follow all of the leads and cut the cable ties off, just make sure where I have taken the power from it is well insulted to stop any sparks. But a man like you should know that anyway. Would you like a refit at all sir?

Dabz
27-02-06, 12:08 PM
hehe another sportsbike joins the fold...I sooo need to save up or get my hands on some money!

Scott_W
27-02-06, 12:25 PM
Dabz, you sure do! :D

Get out on those streets and pimp your arse out or something as you will only regret it! ;)

RVFBabe
27-02-06, 12:31 PM
You speaking from experience Mr Wallace???

Is that how you afford your expensive toys? ;) ;D

Scott_W
27-02-06, 01:19 PM
RVFBabe :P :P :P :P

Dabz
27-02-06, 01:25 PM
hehe I'm still trying to recover from buying a new car, only just afforded the bandit :( Might put the bandit up for sale in a few months though and see what I can get cheap...seen some nice sportsbikes for dirt cheap prices lately

Scott_W
27-02-06, 01:38 PM
Dabz, seriously though, it doesn't really matter! At the end of the day somebody might have the latest greatest bike but then still ride a lot slower than somebody with a 20 year old bike.

I am sure that you will be able to stick with most people (well up to 90ish anyway) and it will only be the straight line hero's that will use the extra power of a sportsbike.

Dabz
27-02-06, 02:04 PM
yeh good point - my main issue at the moment is getting some more confidence through the twisties...I'm still VERY slow round roundabouts and tighter corners, but I think that's just down to a year off the bike and coming back to it when the roads are a bit slippy

just wanna get riding more...in all honesty I know I can't afford a sportsbike unless an amazing offer came through for the bandit, so I'll be happy using the 120ccs tht I've got :P

GIXER_PAUL
27-02-06, 02:58 PM
bet you will still whoop my ass dude

SkyJawa
27-02-06, 03:23 PM
ditto!

LOL @ pimp scott :P :D

SkyJawa
27-02-06, 03:24 PM
That information will cost you :P Neh mate just follow all of the leads and cut the cable ties off, just make sure where I have taken the power from it is well insulted to stop any sparks. But a man like you should know that anyway. Would you like a refit at all sir?

LOL! Cool - should be relatively easy then :) I gotta dismantle the rear of the bike to remove the cans anyway!

I may well require a refit (might have a bash myself - depends how much time I have) but I'll give you a shout if so - cheers mate :D 8-)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
27-02-06, 05:02 PM
Roger! Let me know mate, send us a PM

SkyJawa
27-02-06, 05:47 PM
Will do! 8-)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
28-02-06, 09:49 AM
Might have to give me some notice mind though, will take me a while to get down on my trike. I will have to bring some spare batts as well me thinks :)

Scott_W
28-02-06, 09:58 AM
Fingers crossed here Neil that it doesn't snow! The forecast for Thursday/Friday isn't too great!

SkyJawa
28-02-06, 12:26 PM
LOL no worries Rich!

Scott - indeed, at mo looks like should get away with it - assuming the parts come in! :D

lucy_lou
01-03-06, 11:00 PM
So any tips on removing your Autocom jobbie - should it be relatively straightforward?

[/quote]

Make sure it is well insulted???????? LOL!!!

Scott_W
02-03-06, 08:46 AM
LMAO! Well noticed Lucy!!!!

So Neil, did you shout and swear at the cables? ;)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
02-03-06, 08:49 AM

Make sure it is well insulted???????? LOL!!![/quote]

Ok I will go and lock myself away and improve my spelling...............there is nothing wrong with shouting at your bike though :-/

SkyJawa
02-03-06, 10:10 AM
Nah - I didn't shout at the cables - but I did at the 3,756 cable ties Rich had used!!! ;D ::) :o :P

:D

All removed now so jobs a good un!

Rich - finally got the Schuberth!!!!! ::) Just need to decide whether to get another headset so I have one in each lid or to just transfer it from the old one! Decisions decisions!

Also got the Scorpion cans removed now - bike sounds crap :( :'( At least I only have to ride it once like that!

Scott - was much easier and quicker than when we fitted them too!!!! LOL!

Scott_W
02-03-06, 10:17 AM
Neil, I would bloody hope so! Fecking things!

SkyJawa
02-03-06, 10:20 AM
A small amount of Bodgit & Scarper was involved but they don't know that ;) ;D

Scott_W
02-03-06, 10:49 AM
Ahhhhh, I promise to keep schtum then on Saturday! ;)

GIXER_PAUL
02-03-06, 11:48 AM
WOah woah woah Scott helped your fit them?????

Scott_W
02-03-06, 11:57 AM
Yes you cheeky fecker! :P

SkyJawa
02-03-06, 12:01 PM
Yeah, it was kinda payback for helping fit the Hiper to the Scoob! And a great help he was too :D

Was I surprised - YES!!!!! :P :o ;D

(but only going on how much he said he was a numpty at things like that as he doesn't normally do it!)

GIXER_PAUL
02-03-06, 12:19 PM
OMG im shocked

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
02-03-06, 12:36 PM
[quote author=SkyJawa link=1140982912/15#29 date=1141294232]Nah - I didn't shout at the cables - but I did at the 3,756 cable ties Rich had used!!! ;D ::) :o :P

All removed now so jobs a good un!

Rich - finally got the Schuberth!!!!! ::) Just need to decide whether to get another headset so I have one in each lid or to just transfer it from the old one! Decisions decisions!

Bugger I thought I used 3,757 dont tell my MD I missed one off or I will get kicked out!!!! :'( :-/

Dont be a tight wod buy a new headset, saves a lot of hassle to. £35 to you chap :P

Scott actually helped you

WTF

did he pass you the spanners or the cups of tea! :-? :o ;D

Scott_W
02-03-06, 12:37 PM
The Hyper was a lot lot easier to fit as well! Although, that was a bloody cold day if I remember right! The upshot of fitting the Hyper was you Neil getting a lovely sounding Hayward & Scott back box as well (which I remember also helping to fit :o)

Shame Neil ended up selling the car not long after though.....

Scott_W
02-03-06, 12:38 PM
Rich, I read the instruction leaflet! ;)

BTW, do another 9 words on the Word Association and you'll have 4 stars underneath your name!

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
02-03-06, 12:43 PM
Post a load of rubbish to get antoher post

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
02-03-06, 12:44 PM
Blah

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
02-03-06, 12:46 PM
Rich, I read the instruction leaflet! ;)

BTW, do another 9 words on the Word Association and you'll have 4 stars underneath your name!

Do T bags come with instructions!!!!!!!!!

Did Neil have to show you how to hold a spanner ;D

SkyJawa
02-03-06, 01:06 PM
Did Neil have to show you how to hold a spanner ;D

PMSL! Not far off! :P ;D

Yeah - was fecking freezing and drizzling when we did the Hyper!! But you are right about the H&S - shame the scoob had to go :(

£35 quid eh?! I guess it ain't worth faffing about for that - SOLD! :)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
02-03-06, 04:24 PM
Alreeet mate, PM your details and I can sort an order out or give me a buzz 01926 431249.

SkyJawa
03-03-06, 12:33 PM
Yippiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Collection confirmed for noon tomorrow :D AV IT! :D

Scott_W
03-03-06, 01:37 PM