PDA

View Full Version : How do I do it....?

Amante_271
07-03-06, 06:55 AM
Ive got to admit my old brain cell cant keep up with all this new-fangled technology!

How do I put pictures on the web site?

Ive only got a camera on my mobile, but it does J-peg photos & I can send the as an Email. I dont have a scanner.

Anybody got any polite/sensible jargon free surgestions!?!?!

Help!!!! :(

R1chie
07-03-06, 07:11 AM
have you got a lead to connect your phone to the pc?

if not, send your pics as email and then download to your pc.

Join up on a free picture hosting site ( I use www.photobucket.com ). Very simple to use once joined. Simply upload your pics into your new hosting gallery (it will use a standard browse window).

Once uploaded you will see your pic(s) that you have uploaded. below each picture are 3 boxes (url, tag, img) with a link to each photo in that box.

to put a pic on a post on this site, simply left click in the IMG box and highlight the link, right click and copy, and then paste the link into your post. Using this method, once you have posted your message with the img link, the picture will appear automatically.

to put a link into a post (ie http://www.myphotohereladeda.com) so you have to click on the link to view the pic, use the same method as above but use the URL box.

to put an avatar up (the picture underneath your name on the left here<<<), you can use the URL link from the hosting site and put that in your profile ie click profile>modify>insert password>options>tick 'i have my own pic'>insert url from hosting site>click change profile

job done!

Amante_271
07-03-06, 10:33 AM
Thanks mate. I will have a go later. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Amante_271
07-03-06, 04:27 PM
Do you ever have those days when nothing wants to go right??

Had to buy 2 new tyres ... £150!! Ouch!!

Tried to follow your instructions - not a problem EXCEPT my computer stored the picture as a HMTL (?) and not one of the options listed!

I dont have a lead to connect to the PC so looks like Im F*cked.....

Unless you know different....

:-(

R1chie
07-03-06, 05:49 PM
just bought new tyres myself at the weekend mate...£200....so i know how you feel.

ref your pictures............simply open up the pictures in internet explorer (or whatever internet browser you are using), when the picture opens, right click on it and select 'Save As'

When the 'Save As' window pops up, save the photo under a different name ensuring that you select 'Save as type' as jpeg or bmp (this is in the bottom drop down box, below the 'File Name' box), then click 'Save'

This should now save the pic under its new name as a jpeg or bmp file (whichever one you chose) which you can then upload to a hosting site

Amante_271
08-03-06, 03:14 AM
Thaks Mate!
Bit like British Rail.... Takes its time but gets there eventually!!!!
I hope!!!!