PDA

View Full Version : Here's an old chestnut!

Amante_271
11-03-06, 07:51 AM
I know someof you might think [smiley=embarassed.gif] "BORING!" Been there! Done that! Move on! But I think its always useful to update the old grey cells!!!

Where is the best, bike friendly Pub around here?

Are there any "smart" pubs youve been to and had a good recieption (to your suprise)

Are there any pubs to avoid like the plague!!!

Also what about Petrol stations!! Have you found any that do a decent brew & bite to eat & still get change from £20? A clean bog goes a long way in my book too!

Id be really interested to know your opionions, views comments, especially on petrol stations.

To start you off....

BP Wilton Road Salisbury
BP Wootten Bassett
Esso on the A346 by Junction 15 M4

Pubs
The Unicorn in Melksham opposite the Avon factory - my local despite living in Calne! Decent beer, natives are friendly, pool table & a varied selection on the jukebox. John & Amanda run it! Busy on Tues as pool & darts night. Tell them Andrew (aka Homer) & Anji (Snr Management) sent you!

Dabz
11-03-06, 09:04 AM
Might try the unicorn seeing as it's only 10 mins away from me hehe

The red lion at avebury is the best pub i know for bikers...always got a packed carpark and does a stonking pint of 6X!

Amante_271
12-03-06, 08:19 AM
Im in the Uni on Mon evening with the boss, for a pool competition if you want to come over. Starts at 8, £3 entry, open to all!