PDA

View Full Version : It is a bit quiet on here today!

Scott_W
14-03-06, 11:43 AM
Everybody busy then?! :o

Dabz
14-03-06, 11:54 AM
yup :( and not got any spare money to browse ebay with to make work more interesting either!

Dutch
14-03-06, 11:54 AM
Always busy but hate what i do so this wins. haha

Where you from and how long have you been riding??

Scott_W
14-03-06, 12:05 PM
Where you from and how long have you been riding??

Is that some form of chat up line? :o :o

Well I'm from Berkshire and I've been riding for 9 years now.

Dutch
14-03-06, 12:12 PM
Never thought of it like that :o

Answer is NO, not a chat up line. Just wondered as it seems most people on the site arent actually from Wiltshire.

Seen as everyone is so far spaced out how do you manage to arrange smaller ride outs or are they all long distance runs??

Scott_W
14-03-06, 12:24 PM
Well some of us (RVFBabe and SkyJawa) are from Berkshire/Surrey and for us to ride to Wiltshire wouldn't be too much of a problem. The forum has only been going a short time and therefore no rideouts have really been planned (apart from the one Richie posted up about but that was mainly because of the Ninja lot going anyway).

There will be plans in the summer for some rideouts I believe and as Gixer Paul/Rick AKA Baldspeed are my brothers they can just stop the night at ours (mine and RVFBabe's) for the night if they wanted to. However, they are only from Warwickshire themselves so it's not too far for them to travel either.

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 01:12 PM
Hello my name is Hugh and I'm from LA and I have a problem. I'm 73 years old and enjoy such things as girls, bunnys and being a perve. I've been riding them for nigh on 58 years now :-[ :-X ::) ;D

LMAO! Only joking (well perhaps apart from the perve bit!!! :P), live in Surrey and been riding since Aug 8-) No probs heding over to Wilts for a ride :)

Dutch
14-03-06, 01:14 PM
Are you members of others sites as well then?? do you know bikers from swindon??

Scott_W
14-03-06, 01:14 PM
LMAO at Neil! ;D

So you are not 73 then?! :o

Scott_W
14-03-06, 01:15 PM
Andrew, I'm a member on Visordown but don't post. There are also biking sections on other forums as well (Scoobynet/Pistonheads) but TBH I've never really done the thing of getting to know other bikers!

Dutch
14-03-06, 01:26 PM
All the bikers I knew have all stopped riding.
Most had families, One had money problems and another scarred himself too much.
I love riding but still getting to know about it so talking to everyone on here is great.
Sounds like most people that post on here are family?

S2_Neo
14-03-06, 01:31 PM
Well, im from Swindon............Been riding a few weeks now :D

P

Dutch
14-03-06, 01:33 PM
Well, im from Swindon............Been riding a few weeks now :D

P

You have an R6 and have only been riding a couple of weeks?? :) hows that going?? You buy the bike from George Whites???

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
14-03-06, 01:37 PM
I am busy ish but a lot better than last week, just sorted another major sponsor for BSB so more free race entries for me............oh yeh!

Scott_W
14-03-06, 01:38 PM
Dutch, only four of us on here are family and that's the Wallace brothers (Me, Rich and Paul). Poor old RVFBabe married in to the Wallace clan.

Oh, there is another family as well which is SkyJawa, Jennie and Iain, but tbh the latter two haven't posted since returning back from New Zealand. Neil, do you know why this is?

Scott_W
14-03-06, 01:39 PM
Rich, surely you can sort something out for family?! ;)

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 01:41 PM
So you are not 73 then?! :o

Wouldn't tell from looking at me would ya :( ;)

Now then what other site am I a member on :-? :o ::)

www.scoobynet.co.uk (I was responsible for getting the Bikers section added! :))
www.mkivsupra.net
www.205gtidrivers.com
www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk ;)
www.mcnninjas.co.uk
www.visordown.com
www.foc-u.co.uk
www.sxoc.co.uk
www.avforums.com
www.sportbikes.net
www.skylineowners.com
www.gtr.co.uk

Sure there are a few others too! :o :o :o No wonder I never get any work done LMAO! :-[

Dutch
14-03-06, 01:42 PM
Looks like i will have to get my cousins bloke to post on here and then i wont feel left out! haha
so how often do you all ride out to meet each other??

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 01:43 PM
Oh, there is another family as well which is SkyJawa, Jennie and Iain, but tbh the latter two haven't posted since returning back from New Zealand. Neil, do you know why this is?

Yeah - they hate you all and think you're all tossers :) ::) :-X :o ;D

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 01:45 PM
Yeah - they hate you all and think you're all tossers :) ::) :-X :o ;D

lol! But on a serious note, been busy sorting out getting the dog since they got back, and been chokka since he arrived sat. Or thats what I assume anyway...........

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 01:46 PM
Looks like i will have to get my cousins bloke to post on here and then i wont feel left out! haha
so how often do you all ride out to meet each other??

We try and get out as often as poss but with people having different committments each weekend its not as much as we'd like. I reckon once or twice a month would be about right...........

Dutch
14-03-06, 01:48 PM
Thats not bad considering. Think my missus would murder me if i wanted to go out every weekend.
Where do you all meet or do you just see whats going on and then decide?

Scott_W
14-03-06, 01:50 PM
For Neil, Karen and I it's easier as we can meet up during the week and go for a ride around our local area. We did this last year not long after Neil passed his test, and we plan to do this a lot more this year.

Also, with Paul we tend to meet up on a Saturday or Sunday and just ride around Oxfordshire as it's half way for both of us. However, we only managed this a couple of times last year due to circumstances.

Neil, no probs about Iain/Jennie. Guessed it would kind of be dog related.

Dutch
14-03-06, 01:54 PM
Also, with Paul we tend to meet up on a Saturday or Sunday and just ride around Oxfordshire as it's half way for both of us. However, we only managed this a couple of times last year due to circumstances.

Where about in Oxfordshire do you meet??

Considering what you are all saying this Box Hill run was quite a big meet that just happened. Was it just people from this site or was it from a load of sites??

Scott_W
14-03-06, 02:01 PM
The Box Hill run was arranged on the MCNNinja forum and loads of people "local" to Box Hill turned up as well as the crew Richie got together from your neck of the woods.

As for meeting up in Oxfordshire, we normally meet at the services at say Bicester or the ones at J8. From there we head off towards Dorchester, Henley, High Wycombe, etc... and just take in loads of different roads. Some quick and some slightly slower twistier stuff.

You know many places in Oxfordshire? If so, do you know of Fox's Diner?

Dutch
14-03-06, 02:05 PM
You know many places in Oxfordshire? If so, do you know of Fox's Diner?[/quote]

Dont know too much about Oxfordshire to be honest. the other problem i find is that because i drove for 10 years all the routes i know are easy and quick rather than chellenging and fun!!
There is so much i want to learn about riding and i cant wait till a bit of good weather comes about as it feels like it has been winter for the past 6 months.
Do you mind who turns up on the days you go out in Oxforshire??

Scott_W
14-03-06, 02:08 PM
Not really! I suppose if we're planning on meeting up we can just chuck a post up on here and if you can make it then turn up.

I know what you mean about driving roads that are easy/quick. As you can see most of us on here are petrolheads and all drive quick cars so we tend to know some good roads for cars, but yet when you do them on the bike they just aren't the same. However, that is the joy of riding a bike, you just jump on it and go where ever you like!

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
14-03-06, 02:22 PM
Rich, surely you can sort something out for family?! ;)

Yeh I can take your £150 it costs for each person, make your cheques payable to Baldspeed Racing Ltd please............I can get my mini finshed then ;D :-?

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
14-03-06, 02:23 PM
Oh yeh Neil you a major post whore with all of those forums and I though I was bad with the amount I go on!!!

Scott_W
14-03-06, 02:26 PM
Yeh I can take your £150 it costs for each person, make your cheques payable to Baldspeed Racing Ltd please............I can get my mini finshed then ;D :-?

Now that isn't very nice is it?! :'( ;D

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 02:33 PM
Oh yeh Neil you a major post whore with all of those forums and I though I was bad with the amount I go on!!!

;D :P

Don't post very often on a fair few of em though!!! ::)

Dutch
14-03-06, 02:35 PM
Scott
As long as you dont mind having a few other people turning up on those Oxforshire days that would be great.
Totally agree about the bike and just being able to jump on it and go. It is the only vehicle i have ever owned that i just dont care which way i choose to get somewhere or even to know where i really want to go.
Everytime is different and always a challenge. Especially considering i am a newbie

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
14-03-06, 02:37 PM

;D :P

Don't post very often on a fair few of em though!!! ::)

Me too mate, some I just look at. Scoobynet has been wank for a while so I do not even bother now adays, mainly whoring on mini forums or PGAC

SkyJawa
14-03-06, 04:20 PM
Oh - forgot PGAC and PeugeotSport! ;D

Mind you, never look at them TBH.

GIXER_PAUL
15-03-06, 01:27 PM
Scott
As long as you dont mind having a few other people turning up on those Oxforshire days that would be great.
Totally agree about the bike and just being able to jump on it and go. It is the only vehicle i have ever owned that i just dont care which way i choose to get somewhere or even to know where i really want to go.
Everytime is different and always a challenge. Especially considering i am a newbie

The more the merrier although just be patient waiting for me lol

Dutch
15-03-06, 01:36 PM
thats great news although i think you will be waiting for me and not the other way round.