PDA

View Full Version : The weather is goood ;-)

JamesD
15-03-06, 02:33 PM
so who rode theirs into work today ?

Managed to struggle through the cold on the A419 this morning, knowing that the sun would be out this arvo 8-). Another hour or so then I will blast back on the B4009...oh yes :)

I say blast, i mean keep to under 6K rpm as the bike is still new :(

Enjoy

Dutch
15-03-06, 03:10 PM
my run home isnt quite as much fun as that but i bring it to work every day and at lunch time i went out for a quick blast. Roads are good!!!!

Scott_W
15-03-06, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately not for me, and whilst I currently work where I do I won't. I used to use my bike as often as I could to commute here but last year a group of w*n*e*s decided to steal it. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

On this basis I will not use my bike to come here anymore. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

However I really do wish I was out there on it as the weather is bloody superb!

JamesD
15-03-06, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately not for me, and whilst I currently work where I do I won't. I used to use my bike as often as I could to commute here but last year a group of w*n*e*s decided to steal it. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

On this basis I will not use my bike to come here anymore. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

However I really do wish I was out there on it as the weather is bloody superb!

That's really bad news, had some tea leaves break into my car a few times but never stolen, i would be gutted if my bike got lifted. Luckily i can park my bike right outside reception in full view of CCTV.

Scott_W
15-03-06, 03:40 PM
My bike was parked right outside the front door, but unfortunately for us our reception is upstairs. However, they stole it at lunchtime which was v. cheeky, and this was also made worse by the fact I was just about to go to lunch when it was taken but a call came in that I had to deal with. :(

The police couldn't get much from the CCTV on a building next door and although there was a witness, neither it or them were ever found.

Dutch
15-03-06, 03:43 PM
Thats bloody tragic...... What bike was it and did the insurance pay out for it??

I work at a large manufacturing site so there is a security guard on the gate so i feeel quite safe about it all.
You have an alarm on it?? I know they are pretty much worthless because other people dont care when they go off but it does make me feel better and my insurance company love it.

Scott_W
15-03-06, 03:52 PM
The bike was a K4 Gixer 750. The insurance paid out for it based upon the 2nd hand value of the bike, which sucked as only weeks before I'd renew'd the policy and if it had happened sooner they would have done a straight swap for a new one. I have to give them credit though as they paid out within a couple of weeks of the theft.

The bike was alarmed and had disc locks on the front and rear wheels, but they just picked it up (three of them) and put it in the transit van. It all took less than 3 minutes.

What really annoyed me was that I'd only recently changed the exhaust, front sprocket, etc... So to get the K5 (OK I could have got a second hand K4 but I didn't want to!), the end can, the sprocket, intercom, pay the excess, etc... it cost me about £2k! My policy is up for renewal soon so we'll see what they try to sting me for on that one!!!!

Fortunately for me I've checked the ebike insurance website and they are coming in cheaper than my current policy and that's with me declaring the theft. :D

Dutch
15-03-06, 04:09 PM
I have had loads of problems with insurance.
I had an accident in August and the other party is insured with Tesco. I made the claim and they admitted liability as it was clearly their fault. I had nothing back from them for 5 months so i paid out £2.5k to have the bike fixed and about a month later they gave me £650 for my leathers and helmet but i am still waiting on the £2.5k which i paid out. It has been 3 months since i paid for the bike and they gave me the money for the clothes and it has now gone to court with a county court judgement against them to pay me the money. I have just heard this morning that they may fight the case but neither me nore my insurance company understand why when they have already started paying out for it all.

I just want it sorted asap but right now i have no idea what is going to happen.

I am really sorry to hear about your old bike and i hope that it never happens to anyone ever again as it must have felt aweful. Amazing that we all have insurance and still get stung for the wan-ers out there that can keep their hands off or drive like a human being.

Dutch
15-03-06, 04:11 PM
That was supposed to say "cant" drive like human beings

GIXER_PAUL
15-03-06, 04:16 PM
i went out on my bike in the arvo yesterday which was good although i got wet once when it rained but i soon dried out :) as for today im in the car but if it stays like this the bike may come out tomorrow

Scott_W
15-03-06, 04:30 PM
Andy, I hope they sort it out soon. I was knocked off my bike back in 97 and it took about 3 months to resolve everything which was good. The police were involved and they took the driver to court and he was found guilty of driving without due care and attention. He got 5 points, £250 fine and costs. He knocked me off basically as he wanted to queue jump as he was late for his holiday flight! Well, after knocking me off and giving his statement to the police, he certainly missed the flight then! ;D

As for the theft of my bike, I was in shock for most of the day after it happened and the only way I could get over it was by making fun of it when I was telling people.

Katel
15-03-06, 04:30 PM
I travel on the A419 too :) I'm on 4 wheels tho :D

Dutch
15-03-06, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidance Scott. Sounds exactely like my accident but the drive drove off quite quickly after giving the details and i dealt with the police on the edge of the motorway whilst putting some bits back on the bike.
Its a paid but one of those things we have to put up with and at least we are still around to learn from it.

Kate
Are you from Swindon as well then?? what bike have you got??

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
15-03-06, 04:39 PM
Ive just got from a quick blast, bit cold but it was spot on! Nice sunny day, shame I had a clear visor on though bit blinding at times.

Dutch
15-03-06, 04:40 PM
Ive just got from a quick blast, bit cold but it was spot on! Nice sunny day, shame I had a clear visor on though bit blinding at times.

i have the shoei helmet with the fog visor insert. What would be the best thing to do to get rid of glare?? New Visor
New Fog Visor
Sunglasses (think they will be uncomfotable but dont know) 8-)

Katel
15-03-06, 04:52 PM
I'm from near Swindon. I'm a car owner, I just know da management on here :D Have to travel along the A419 to and from work every single day.

SkyJawa
15-03-06, 04:56 PM
Was on the bike to work Mon, today and plan tomorrow too :) Lovelly day coming home this arvo - was a bit of a hooligan - especially with all the damn cages in the way!! :-[

I pretty much ride to work on any day I can guarantee its 90% not going to rain and the roads aren't wet (so the bike doesn't get covered!) don't really care the temp 8-)

m1tch
15-03-06, 05:01 PM
i was at work at half 4 so it was a bit cold at that time ;D

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
15-03-06, 05:09 PM

i have the shoei helmet with the fog visor insert. What would be the best thing to do to get rid of glare?? New Visor
New Fog Visor
Sunglasses (think they will be uncomfotable but dont know) 8-)

A good iridium (spelling) visor or a similar insert to the one you currently run. My Bro runs one in his Arai is it does a fairly good job but its not the same as a good visor (scott keeps flaunting a nice blue visor that looks trick on Pauls lid but he wants to sell it instead of being a loving brother and give it as a freebie). Ive left my Roof lid at home and the visor on that is quality no problems with the sun. Ive seen some of my customers run strips of insulating tape at the top of their visors but I do not know if it helps at all.

BB
15-03-06, 05:12 PM
Had to have the day off to wait for a delivery, they came this morning so I then had to make the difficult decision go back to the office or go for a ride. :) Guess which won!! ;D Lovely run :)

SkyJawa
15-03-06, 05:13 PM
I use a Schuberth S1 - built in separate dark visor - Top Gun stylie! ;D

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
15-03-06, 05:16 PM
Sad muppet! Who are you Goose or what are the other names................Is Scott you Wing commander :)

Scott_W
15-03-06, 05:16 PM
scott keeps flaunting a nice blue visor that looks trick on Pauls lid but he wants to sell it instead of being a loving brother and give it as a freebie).

Oi, that's cos I don't have any other visors! :P When I got my new helmet I gave Nice the black visor that came with it as she didn't have any form of dark visor and it was only fair.

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
15-03-06, 05:17 PM
Yeh yeh wotever...............

Scott_W
15-03-06, 05:19 PM
;D

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
15-03-06, 05:21 PM
Ay have you taken a page off puff!

Scott_W
15-03-06, 05:21 PM
Nope! :P

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
15-03-06, 05:25 PM
Wheres your wing commander thing then

JamesD
15-03-06, 07:50 PM
Well the ride back was quality, just finding out how hard the suspension is on the ZX-6R :o

Hope the rain stays off for tomorrow, need to clock the miles up...

R1chie
15-03-06, 08:14 PM
that suspension is a bit cheeky innit lol

found that if you go faster, then you fly over the bumps ;)

are you up for a blast out on the weekend James? or anyone else come to think of it?

SkyJawa
15-03-06, 10:45 PM
Well the ride back was quality, just finding out how hard the suspension is on the ZX-6R :o

Hard? You got a C model - that ain't hard, thats a tourer :P You wanna try the B series :P ;)

SkyJawa
15-03-06, 10:45 PM
Sad muppet! Who are you Goose or what are the other names................Is Scott you Wing commander :)

I'm Iceman beyatch! :P

JamesD
16-03-06, 06:27 AM

Hard? You got a C model - that ain't hard, thats a tourer :P You wanna try the B series :P ;)

I know I know, but my 8yr old Firestorm was like riding a sofa in comparison :)

SkyJawa
16-03-06, 08:50 AM
LOL! :D

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
16-03-06, 09:04 AM

I'm Iceman beyatch! :P

Snigger snigger ;D