PDA

View Full Version : uh oh :P  

Dabz
20-03-06, 02:54 PM
http://www.2wheeljunkie.com/store/ProdImages/PWR-Lower-bandit.jpg

that looks great and would be a cheap way of turning my bandit into a faired bike (but looking better than the stock bandit fairing that's available)...I'm loving the torque and feel of the bandit at the mo so looking into options hehe

what do people think?

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
20-03-06, 03:00 PM
Not bad mate,

SkyJawa
20-03-06, 03:01 PM
Looks good - who's it made by?

TCP Aerodynamics parts usually look the biz too :D See here:

http://www.tcpsa.com/

Dabz
20-03-06, 03:34 PM
that one's made by 2 Wheel Junkie, an american firm...there's only 1 UK distributer which handily is in Bristol. Apparently they've sold less than a handful of these kits in the uk ever

but..that TCP one is sex on wheels!

http://www.tcpsa.com/suzuki/bandit600.jpg

Scott_W
20-03-06, 03:59 PM
I prefer the TCP one myself.

How much torque does your bike have then?

Dabz
20-03-06, 04:09 PM
yeh prefer the tcp one too...it's just a pain in the neck to get hold of by the looks of things...can't find a UK distributor!

the bandit has 66.9 ft/lb of torque at 4000rpm as standard, so over 20ft/lb more than the RR, and the same as a 750 gixxer...but with the race can on it should be slighltly higher from what I've read online

Scott_W
20-03-06, 04:15 PM
Cool - no wonder you are having thoughts of sticking with the Bandit then.

I think Neil found somewhere for the TCP bits, but I might be wrong.......

Dabz
20-03-06, 04:21 PM
just found out that george whites in swindon can get them hehe, sending an email now!

yeh the bandit has all the power of a sportsbike, just with the streetfighter looks, so hopefully some modification can sort that...it's only 99bhp but that's not much down on sportsbikes

Dutch
20-03-06, 04:24 PM
those farings look the part with your machine. Still means your insurance is nice and low too!! It is the only reason i didnt buy a sports bike. The insurance is more than double for 20 BHP (on the 600's that is)

R1chie
20-03-06, 04:27 PM
those farings look the part with your machine. Still means your insurance is nice and low too!! It is the only reason i didnt buy a sports bike. The insurance is more than double for 20 BHP (on the 600's that is)

interesting point that. will putting a full fairing on your bike affect the insurance? as my limited insurance knowledge always reckoned on that full faired bikes are more expensive to insure than non faired bikes. how would insurances companies view this mod?

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
20-03-06, 04:29 PM
That blue bike looks good, very factory looking if you know what I mean. Some fairings or after market kits look very poor

Scott_W
20-03-06, 04:30 PM
I would have to agree with Richie here thinking about it. If you drop it for whatever reason the company will now be faced with say, £300 per panel (can't remember what the costs of fairings are these days) repair bills.

Dutch
With my car (i know totally different) I put a stainless steel back box on it and they didnt care. They have told me that if in the event of an accident it needed replacing they would only put the original back on and not a stainless one. That has been with 3 insurance companies so you would hope it would be the same point of view.

Dabz
hadn't thought about insurance to be honest...but I'm paying £130 odd at the moment so even if it doubled it'd be cheaper than insuring a sports bike

Dabz
20-03-06, 04:31 PM
seems that the TCP one is very difficult to get hold of, it's not even listed in their latest catalogue but is on the website. if anyone knows where to source one with a price then please help!

R1chie
20-03-06, 04:34 PM
i only pay £280 TPFT for mine

End of the day, if you feel like you want to keep the bandit because of its performance then thats a fair one, do the fairing mod and everyone's happy. But if its just to save on insurance, I would take a step back and have a re think.......especially if you get a thundercat as they are cheap as chips to insure.

Dutch
20-03-06, 04:40 PM
This should help
For information on TCP's products and services, or comments, please e-mail to info@tcpsa.com or FAX to +34 93 637 28 01

Dabz
20-03-06, 04:57 PM
thanks, I've emailed :)

incidently didn't realise you had a 206gti, I'm on my 3rd 206 in a row now (1.4 LX, 2.0 HDi DTurbo and now a 2.0cc hehe)

the tcat would be just as cheap to insure yeh, but the bandit I know the history, it's been in the family since new etc and it has a fair few mods on...it's a difficult one! if the fairing is under £300 then it'll be cheaper to keep the bandit, over £300 and I'll look to get a tcat

Scott_W
20-03-06, 05:22 PM
It will be over £300 Dabz and I'm pretty sure of that!

Dabz
20-03-06, 05:51 PM
well there abouts hehe - most I've found so far are about £300...hoping to get the spraying done for beer by a mate ;) fit it myself...

for an equivalent tcat of the bandit's age and miles and owners I'd be looking at putting £700 ish with my bike...plus I do love the bandit!

Scott_W
20-03-06, 06:32 PM
I've think you've convinced yourself of sticking with the Bandit, so just do it! :D

SkyJawa
20-03-06, 07:23 PM
TCP stuff is not cheap!! When I looked at a screen, radiator covers and a seat cowl for my FZ6 it was over 600!!! :o But their stuff looks awesome and is very well made.

I found a few places in the UK who would supply it. Bear in mind though I think that kit is for the semi-faired Bandit - so might not fit yours.......

Have a look here :

http://www.tcpholland.com/htm/uk/dealers.htm

8-) :D

Dabz
20-03-06, 07:30 PM
yeh I'd need to get the standard fairing off ebay or something, but there seem to be plenty about. would also want the double bubble screen...

i spy an expensive birthday pressie this year lol

SkyJawa
20-03-06, 07:43 PM
It'll look a beaut with it all fitted 8-)

Dabz
20-03-06, 09:46 PM
yeh..I think to be honest I'd be happier with a custom built modified bike than an older tcat...seeing as those seem to be my options at the mo

it'd be in british racing green...

http://www.willroy.plus.com/greenbandit.jpg

BB
20-03-06, 10:00 PM
Dabz, Out of interest. I notice in your signature, amongst all the other bolt on goodies you list tax disc holder? It's been puzzling me - go on, tell me what is special about it? :-?

SkyJawa
20-03-06, 11:10 PM
I've got one too. Looks better and bolts on and the tax screws in on mine and it helps deter scum from nicking it.

Dabz
21-03-06, 08:14 AM
as skyjawa said hehe...I was starting to take the pee a bit when listing my spec (my car one always lists "vanilla magic tree"), but yeh I have a carbon bolted one so people can't steal my tax disc

Dabz
21-03-06, 10:29 PM
right well got prices through..at the current euro -> pound rate the fairing would be £350 painted and delivered direct from holland, including fitting kit, and is proper material not fibreglass.

the upper fairing I can get for around £35 on ebay and get a mate to paint, or there are some gorgeous aftermarket upper fairings for about £70...

not a bad price is it?

R1chie
21-03-06, 10:48 PM
not bad mate

definitely worth a think.

my money is on your getting the fairings lol

SkyJawa
21-03-06, 11:03 PM
Thats not bad at all - DO IT!!! :D