PDA

View Full Version : Visors!! more specifically Iridium ones

Dutch
23-03-06, 04:35 PM
Hay guys and Gals

Just wondering how many people have an Iridium visor and whether they have had any problems with the police with having one??? :P

Are they just for looks or are they actually better than the normal ones we can purchase??

SkyJawa
23-03-06, 04:43 PM
They cut out the glare and sun and work a treat.

I don't have an iridium one but I do have an illegal silver mirror finish one and its great, couldn't be without it in the full sun. I always carry around my clear one though when I have it on, just in case of plod but had no issues with them yet.............

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
23-03-06, 04:50 PM
Police hate anything non standard, the main thing is they want to see the rider. Bloody stupid when you could use a clear visor and still wear sunnies underneath. Ive got one my Roof but I spend most of my time on the back of the bikes holding on for dear life

Gav
23-03-06, 05:52 PM
I have 3....well ya gotta have a choice dont ya...lol
Only problemwith the police is if they stop ya!
Couldnt be without it in summer, cuts out all the nasty sunshine rays and leaves ya to see everything else.....oh and they look the dogs dangly bits too

R1chie
23-03-06, 06:18 PM
I've got an iridium visor and i've had no problems off the police when i've been pulled.

Police hate anything non standard, the main thing is they want to see the rider

its not really anything to do with wanting to see the riders face. its purely down to safety reasons for the biker to be able to view the road without any hindrance of a tinted/iridium visor which reduces the allowance of light through it.

legally, any visor should let in between 33-47% as a minimum. most bikers with tinted or iridium visors don't conform to this legal requirement.

from listening to people who have actually been done by the coppers for wearing an iridium visor, they've usually been a bit gobby and so brought it on themselves.

if in doubt, buy a visor bag and take a clear visor with you when you are out and about so if you do get pulled by a vigilant policeman, you can change it there and then.

another option would be to buy a fog city insert which is light reactive. so if you've been caught out in dark, it lets in the legal amount of light. i believe these are available in both tinted and iridium colours.

GIXER_PAUL
24-03-06, 12:15 PM
I currently run ablue fog insert which when it gets cloudy/nighttime goes back to light green it is ok and sorted out the foggin prob aswell but i have ordered an irriduim one try www.racevisors.co.uk