PDA

View Full Version : No more pillions!

JamesHockley
24-03-06, 04:29 PM
My other half has decided that she is going to do her CBT! This means with any luck my the end of the summer I will not have to take her pillion any more!

R1chie
24-03-06, 04:32 PM
ohlins shock now? ;)

BB
24-03-06, 04:33 PM
Great stuff! :D Tell her she won't regret it - it's far better than being bored on the back!

Dabz
24-03-06, 10:13 PM
good news :D I keep trying to get my other half to but she couldn't be less interested heh

gravelrash
25-03-06, 10:26 AM
Fair play mate! My girls doing DAS in less than a month. Suppose that means I have to give the bike that I bought her back! doh!!

R1chie
25-03-06, 04:48 PM
i haven't got a girlfriend at the minute so i don't have to deal with this issue.

To be honest, i don't know if i would like to have a partner with a bike. sounds selfish i know, but biking to me means a sort of a getaway from the humdrum of life with all that brings.

Not that i'm saying i wouldn't ever let a girlfriend who had a bike or liked going pillion, join me on a blast. in fact, if she did then i would feel guilty not asking her to join me. Its just feels that biking is 'Richie's time' and should stay that way.

I would also expect her to have similar thoughts to me in reference to going out shopping :P

Maybe its just me stuck in my grumpy singleton ways :-/

gravelrash
25-03-06, 04:52 PM
know what you mean richie, have to behave when me girl is on the back! Will be nice when she starts to ride, but she bought a set of rabios so we can `chat` bend my ear from afar more like! Still they only got a range of a coupla miles!! ;)

R1chie
25-03-06, 05:07 PM
Still they only got a range of a coupla miles!! ;)

lmao ;D

BB
25-03-06, 05:09 PM
I know couples where she has learnt to ride since knowing him, couples where they were both bikers before they met and couples where the women won't even sit on a bike.

It works in all sorts of ways, as long as people have the right attitude to each other. You don't need to live in each others pockets. Me & the late used to ride together & independantly. It's just whatever suits. 8-)

In may I'm going on a trip, 12 bikes, 13 people. 11 blokes - ranging through single/married/divorced. No wives, just 1 girlfriend and the widow BB. None of the stay at home wives or girlfiends have a problem as far as I'm aware.

Bike to bike radio? Hmm, presumably neither of you sing to your self on the bike then? ;D

gravelrash
25-03-06, 05:15 PM
thanx blackbonnie, I have an angelic voice, scary enough to chase any ghosts from the house, or so I´m told. My better half is a very careful driver so she should be a good rider, probably show me up!! Still it is nice that she is taking an interest. She was so scared of me and bikes after seeing me crash badly on my bike.

BB
25-03-06, 05:33 PM
Crashing is not good - I've had the phone call to get to hospital and that was scary enough, fortunately just to collect him after a patch up session!

Mind you, when you scare someone you just got to take the grief you are inevitably going to get. I can still vividly remember the real b*llocking I got years ago after I threw the bike in a ditch while riding in front of a good friend and frightening him half to death!! I can see him now standing there, hands on hips yelling at me 'what the feck did you do' 'daft cow' etc, etc as I tried to crawl out without using my broken arm! :P

A spill does sharpen up your road skillsll!

Amante_271
26-03-06, 08:48 AM
Got to admit I never liked having a pillion on the back, weather they were m/f/? i never felt I could ever know what they were going to do next! As a biker Ive always HATED being on the pillion as you never know when the person up front is going to see a small gap and crack open the throttle.... just as you look the other way! I found it never impressed the girlies seeing my ankles by th riders ears as my head flew backwards towards the ground whena mate pulled a stonking impromptue wheelie on his enw YPVS RD 500!!! Scraed the cr#p out of all concerned!!!

JamesHockley
27-03-06, 11:46 AM
I do not what you mean, I like going out by my self too. The blackbird is great bikes for pillions so I never really notice her on back. However, she does want to use her bikes for work so it does make sence, but why did she have to pick the same year we are buying a flat!!

What do people think about an SV650 as a first bike, it's that or a Bandit 600.

Dabz
27-03-06, 12:03 PM
my 1st bike was a bandit 600, learnt on it too (on private roads of course!) - it's a very good 1st bike I'd say, nice riding position, good geabox and light enough to get up the confidence. I found it cheap to insure too

BB
27-03-06, 12:09 PM
What do people think about an SV650 as a first bike, it's that or a Bandit 600.

When I was looking for my first big modern bike, several people recommended the SV650.

zebedee1984
27-03-06, 12:19 PM
everybody reccomends the SV650 as it gives the comfort power and fun os a sportsd bike, but doesn't wrench your arms off. it's a good alrounder, that or the Fazer, but Yamaha seem to be loosing it a little over the last year or so.

BB
27-03-06, 12:23 PM
Could always get a Triumph ;) 8-)

Dabz
27-03-06, 12:33 PM
I'm determind to own a triumph at some point, I want the sprint ST though hehe

Dabz
27-03-06, 12:34 PM
I'm determind to own a triumph at some point, I want the sprint ST though hehe

JamesD
27-03-06, 01:52 PM
My missus gets quite upset if i go out without her, she pillions on a ZX-6R and finds it quite comfy.

You get very used to riding with pillion, style is very different, you have to be very smooth and progressive. I find it helps hone my riding technique...so far in the last 2 years I have not scared her much :o

She did try and go for a bike licence once, did 1/2 the CBT and decided it was not to be...got some great video footage though ;D

Dabz
27-03-06, 02:02 PM
I don't mind taking a pillion at all, as you said it makes you ride differently but in a good way

BB
27-03-06, 03:34 PM
I have a confession to make - I've only ever taken a pillion a couple of times in my entire career on two wheels! :-[

Dabz
27-03-06, 03:38 PM
that makes you lucky I think :P

BB
27-03-06, 03:46 PM
I never really fancied teetering on tip toe on a bike with a hulking great bloke on the back seat! :P

Mac
27-03-06, 03:49 PM
Take Dabz for a spin...hes hardly a hulk..lol

Dabz
27-03-06, 03:51 PM
lol far from it...and I've lost 1.5 stone this year so far so need ot beef up a bit!

Nokesy
27-03-06, 03:57 PM
Buying a flat or not, it's obviously really important to her - I think you should buy her her first bike!!

Mac
27-03-06, 04:01 PM
That be your bike then Gemma ;)
Welcome by the way..

Nokesy
27-03-06, 04:08 PM
Do you think this method might work?

Dabz
27-03-06, 04:10 PM
doesn't hurt to try ;) welcome by the way!

Mac
27-03-06, 04:12 PM
I'm sure women have lots of tricks up their sleeves to enable them to get what they want... ;)

BB
27-03-06, 04:25 PM
I'm sure women have lots of tricks up their sleeves to enable them to get what they want... ;)

Cheek, I'm sure us girls don't know what you mean! [smiley=engel017.gif]

Nokesy
27-03-06, 04:32 PM
Saving for a bike, having got my licence, with my partners blackbird sat outside will be a difficult temptation to handle! He works away!!

BB
27-03-06, 04:42 PM
D'you know where the keys are? What the eye don't see... :P

Nokesy
27-03-06, 04:46 PM
Yep! But it would be the end of a beautiful relationship! And probably me and the blackbird!

Mac
27-03-06, 04:48 PM
Just return it as u found it..with petrol in it and no damage...

Technically ur doing him a fav...keeping the bike in regular working order whilst he's away...saves him using his optimiser...lmao

Go for it...

BB
27-03-06, 04:52 PM
Yes, bikes only deteriorate if they stand around too long, you know!

Dabz
27-03-06, 04:53 PM
*Wiltshire Bikers takes no responsibility for peer pressure resulting in the theft of partners bikes and the possible accidents arising from said theft*

lol

Mac
27-03-06, 04:57 PM
lol nice one

JamesHockley
28-03-06, 07:56 AM
I think the alarm fob will have to be kept with me at all times!! I think I am safe as I don't think Gemma could push the bike out of the garden anyway! I case people think I am being harsh I might put a ten quid towards Gemma's bike!!

BB
28-03-06, 08:18 AM
Is it up hill then?

A measley tenner!

JamesHockley
28-03-06, 08:23 AM
It's not up hill but it does involve about a 15 point turn and a gravel path.

I could always buy her Honda C90!!

BB
28-03-06, 08:29 AM
15 point turn & gravel path not a recommended combination for easy access/egress! Good anti burglar tho'

I know of an annual run where c90's would be welcome and anything bigger than 250 not allowed!!

Amante_271
28-03-06, 08:31 AM

I could always buy her Honda C90!!

Now steady on mate! C70 maybe! Too much power between her legs could go to her head!! ;) :o ::)

Re the Blackbird! HIDE THE KEYS!!!!

BB
28-03-06, 08:34 AM
There's no problem with any amount of power... it's a question of knowing how to use it. :o

JamesHockley
28-03-06, 09:15 AM
Are you still talking about bikes, I get the impression that this thread has digressed some what!

Nokesy
28-03-06, 09:16 AM
As for pushing it out the garden - I think the outcome would certainly outweigh a bit of hard work and sweat!!!

BB
28-03-06, 09:28 AM
Are you still talking about bikes, I get the impression that this thread has digressed some what!

Yes, I'm noted for digressing! ;D

JamesHockley
28-03-06, 09:37 AM
I get the impression that I am being ganged up on here!! >:(

BB
28-03-06, 10:27 AM
I get the impression that I am being ganged up on here!! >:(

As if! :-*

Mac
28-03-06, 09:14 PM
Lol @ BB...