PDA

View Full Version : fair representation?  banner

Dabz
29-03-06, 02:50 PM
we're having some fliers and cards made up to spread the word about these forums...just had a thought though: our banner uses 3 bikes - a suzuki bandit (hmm wonder why? ;) ), a duc 996 and a honda RR. do people think we should be changing one of the fully faired sports bikes for something along the classic or cruiser lines? just don't want people thinking this is for sports bikes only. the naked bandit was chosen for this reason...just not sure if we should take it further or not

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
29-03-06, 03:17 PM
I reckon they look fine to me....I am sure someone would of said if there were any problems mate

BB
29-03-06, 03:24 PM
D'you know, I had never really looked at the banner to identify the bikes - I bet a lot on this forum will scroll up to look now!!

As far as I'm concerned if you are on two wheels does it matter the style & badge as long as we speak to each other!

Scott_W
29-03-06, 03:38 PM
I've always thought you should have a Gixer on there myself! ;)

BB
29-03-06, 03:40 PM
No, No, should be a British bike up there!! ;D

SkyJawa
29-03-06, 03:41 PM
Well its obviously not gonna be successful - you ain't got a Kwak on it :P ;)

BB
29-03-06, 03:46 PM
Or a BMW :)

R1chie
29-03-06, 05:32 PM
KAWA****INSAKI!!! ;)

Scott_W
29-03-06, 05:51 PM
I'm back less than half a day and I've got an argument/debate going! :D

BB
29-03-06, 06:31 PM

Debate is good!!

What about MZ!

S2_Neo
29-03-06, 06:40 PM
Would I be so wrong to suggest Yamaha?! :P ;)

P

Scott_W
29-03-06, 06:50 PM
Pete, yes you would! :P

I reckon we should have a "classic" TBH, as it might show that this forum is for all kinds of bikes and not just your "modern" sportsbike.

S2_Neo
29-03-06, 07:28 PM
What!!!...........mines not modern :P ;) Lol

P

SkyJawa
29-03-06, 11:52 PM

Yeah naff off again loser :P ;D

SkyJawa
29-03-06, 11:56 PM
KAWA****INSAKI!!! ;)

Amen brother!!!! 8-) :D

busababe
30-03-06, 01:25 AM
Well I think you should change it and try and represent what 'we' (can I be included in this :-/) are.......
BIKERS IN WILTSHIRE - or summat like that .

So a pic or pics of members (showing a wide ranging age group) and their 'various' bikes (or as many as you can get together in one hit) in front of / by a local landmark(s) (take your pick - avebury, stonehenge, white horses galore , canals , etc..etc..). possibly a bit cliched but it will paint a picture .

Just a thought.............. ::)

BB
30-03-06, 01:49 AM
Dabz, If people can't work out what we are about from the name - Wiltshirebikers - then they are missing the point.

Re the pictures - with nearly 60 members, you are going to get 60 view points on what should be up there. I think you moderator guys who set the site up should make an executive decision on this and we will bow to your directive!

BB

Snowy
30-03-06, 08:13 AM
I guess it depends upon who you are aiming the site at. Since the title is Wiltshire bikers then you are aiming at bikers in general within the county, beit young or old, Honda or Harley it doesn't matter. As Blackbonnie says, ask 60 people, get 60 answers. As for myself I don't think it matters a jot what you have on the header - I belong to 3 other forums which are bike specific because I'm looking for technical information as I do my own wrenching. This site seems more of a social gathering.

Amante_271
30-03-06, 08:22 AM
Why does it have to be all 4 strokes? Why not have a Race rep, a chop & a trials/motor cross bike that way youve got the main genres covered to intrest more people!

Not everyone is into Jap plastic rocketships!!!

Dabz
30-03-06, 08:27 AM
agree totally with what BB and Graeme said personally :P

plus to incite more argument...I'll give you a background on why those 3 bikes were chosen lol

1st one...bandit...mine
2nd one duc...at the time the bike I always wanted
3rd one: RR...mac's bike

selfish eh? lol :)

Amante_271
30-03-06, 08:30 AM
Selfish? Naa! Ego boasting self indulgence, maybe, BUT you set the whole thing up so you earned the right to be!!!!

BB
30-03-06, 08:53 AM
Selfish? Naa! Ego boasting self indulgence, maybe, BUT you set the whole thing up so you earned the right to be!!!!

Hear, Hear! :)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
30-03-06, 10:16 AM
Calm down peeps,

How about this bike, its a John Deere

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e396/Baldspeed/richonbigwheel.jpg

Dabz
30-03-06, 10:46 AM
lol maybe we should replace the duc with that then :P

if I was being totally self-indulgent I'd replace the yellow duc with a triumph ST but my designer here at work is doing this for free so better not keep asking him to change things (isn't it great having someone to do things for you?)

Amante_271
31-03-06, 08:47 AM
(isn't it great having someone to do things for you?)

You married then?

Dont let the Mrs see I put that! Sees been doing the decorating while Im out at work! :) ;) ::)

zebedee1984
01-04-06, 12:50 PM
KAWA****INSAKI!!! ;)

I'm with ya there bud, there's not enough representation of the green machine around.

we should start a march or something to bringKawasaki to peoples attention. you never know, Kawasaki might give us some free bikes for all the publicity.... there's a thought..... better wake up now ay!

BB
01-04-06, 12:56 PM
we should start a march or something to bring Kawasaki to peoples attention.

Start a march? Don't want to ride the bike then? ;D

zebedee1984
01-04-06, 12:58 PM
OK SMARTY PANTS.

I would ride. Are you in agreement with the cause - there could be a section in there just for you as you don't have a Kawasaki (or do you?)

BB
01-04-06, 01:08 PM
No. no, I've never been the possesor -proud or otherwise - of a Kawasaki in my career. Lots of other junk tho...

zebedee1984
01-04-06, 01:20 PM
what else have you owned, I know you've had some museum pieces (not meant in a bad way), ever considered starting a museum?

(fully of useful/less idea's I am)

BB
01-04-06, 01:30 PM
Other makes included Honda, Suzuki, Bennelli, MZ, Triumph (real ones not this Hinckly stuff) BSA, Metisse, AJS, Morini.

As I've always tended to ride my stuff I've never really had anything good enough for a museum apart from a 1927 flat tanker AJS.