PDA

View Full Version : South of France

Mac
03-04-06, 06:18 AM
A mate of mine is thinking about riding to the south of France over Easter...and I was contemplating on going with him.

Has anyone done this before? Any idea on times/costs/places to go?

I recently went to Beziers in March and have to say that the roads out there would be awesome for the bike...

BB
03-04-06, 08:01 AM
Lots of excellent biking roads on the continent plus good food = excellent time! 8-)

Personally not been to the south, usually just gone through France en-route to somewhere else. If you are going down that far I would make the effort to see that amazing high bridge - name escapes me at present - the one that is above the clouds. I have thought of running down to that one myself but not sure if I have the holiday left at the moment.

FJ_Biker
04-04-06, 09:34 PM
Hello Mac, Just do it

First question to ask yourself is do you want to camp or stay in hotels / motels, both are a lot cheaper than the UK

If you go down to the south of France, take in the Alps they are breath taking, for the nice roads by French Michelin maps and follow the roads marked with green lines these are scenic roads

Enjoy being treated as a first class citizen on the roads, the French love bikers

Don't waste time in the north of France it is has boring roads and the weather is the same as the UK, just blat down the motorways pay the tolls and enjoy good weather and twisty roads.

Well thats my 2 pence on it, never been this early in the year though, so you could have a cold ride on your hands until you get down south.

Will post some tips tomorrow if you wish, but we all holiday differently so my opinions will differ from others, I camp and do things on a budget when I'm on the bike, anyway off to the pub now

Bye Taff (Mid Wilts MAG)