PDA

View Full Version : hmm gotta be done I think

Dabz
06-04-06, 11:54 AM
was talking to the father in law on tuesday about exhausts...he's looking to get some gorgeous straight-throughs for his bonnie which will make it sound VERY mean grunty and similar to the harley pipes. we got on to my bandit which still has the stock exhaust since the MOT and how the aftermarket remus can is VERY loud but lovely and grunty

so looks like I may be putting the remus back on this weekend lol...just so you can all hear me coming a mile away on the rideouts

SkyJawa
06-04-06, 12:18 PM
damn right :D

Scott_W
06-04-06, 12:25 PM
Too bloody right! Get it on there asap! :)

BB
06-04-06, 07:04 PM
I must admit the bonnie sounds like a sewing machine with OE silencers on it. A couple of guys I know have fitted aftermarket pipes but I don't like the sound of them, they seem a bit sharp to me - I don't know what make they are. Others may be better.

People reckon if you get the right ones its supposed to make the Hinckly bonnie sound like the Meridan one but I'm not sure I can be arssed to swap them for mot & back again - I'm a lazy cow! ;D

MAG ran a campaign a while back Loud Pipes Save Lives, not sure if you can still get stickers!

R1chie
06-04-06, 08:18 PM
aftermarket pipes is obviously a personal choice of each biker.

as BB pointed out there is a campaign for loud bikes making the car driver more aware of the biker, and i for one agree with that. there are too many muppets on the road nowadays, and anything to make them more aware of the road situation is a good point in my book.

although i have an road legal aftermarket exhaust on my bike, the baffles have been taken out to increase the noise. i always respect village/town residents by trundling through in a low gear as to not f**k people off.

at the end of the day, we all know that loud zorsts are illegal (as are iridium visors, small plates etc), and we all know the areas that bikers can go and play, we just need to respect other people where loud zorsts are not the best idea (ie built up areas) and that way we get more people on the bikers side as its all to obvious at the minute that we are an easy target.

Dabz
06-04-06, 09:07 PM
agree totally with that richie. Eventually I'll be replacing with a road legal zaust as that's what I had on the 600 (scorpian with removable baffle), but money is being spent on the bodywork project at the mo :(

BB
06-04-06, 09:18 PM
I agree too richie, it's just I haven't heard a can I like yet for the bonnie. Maybe I'll check out Dabz' father in laws bike and see what they sound like. I may then motivate myself to change them. :)

Dabz
06-04-06, 10:06 PM
he previously had the triumph slash pipes (an aftermarket triumph accessory) which weren't road legal, sounded very nice though. it does sound nice with the standard ones on though I must admit. the ones he has planned now should make it sound very harley-ish

BB
06-04-06, 10:28 PM
You will have to let me know when the are fitted and I can come & have a listen.

SkyJawa
07-04-06, 12:39 AM
I REALLY noticed when I had my FZ6 when I went from stock to the Scorpion cans - I was AMAZED how much more the cage drivers became aware of you and would never have a bike without can/cans fitted now........