PDA

View Full Version : Blatant biker discrimination!!

JamesHockley
10-04-06, 12:36 PM
Nokes and myself went to the cinema in Southampton on Sunday and experienced what can only be described as biker discrimination!

It started bad and got worse, the heating in the screen was not working, which was not a problem as I was in all my gear, but of course no discount was offered.

When we tried to enter the screen we where told we where not allowed to take our helmets into the screen. I asked why and the rather nervous attendant mumbled something about CCTV and security risk. I politely informed him I had no intention of putting the helmet on whilst in the cinema and he again mumbled something about policy, at which point I asked to see the manager. The manager came over and said it was a tripping hazard. Again I politely pointed out that the helmet was in actual fact smaller than the handbag hat the woman in front of me had taken in. I also pointed out the bag presented a bigger tripping hazard due to it’s straps and that the helmet was smaller than the giant tubs of popcorn they sell!
The manager offered to put them in a locked room but I was not prepared to let the helmet out of my sight.
In the end he gave in and said on this one occasion he would let us take them in. Once in the cinema there where two power cuts which stopped the film!! Needless to say we got free tickets.

Has any one else ever experienced anything similar?

I will point out if the cinema provided lockers I would not have problem.

Rant over.........I feel better now! >:(

benobiker
10-04-06, 12:41 PM
Never heard of such nonsense in my life,,, no wonder you were pi55ed off! I would be... what a bunch of twa*s!!!

R1chie
10-04-06, 12:47 PM
but get to the point...........

what was the film like? ;)

benobiker
10-04-06, 12:48 PM
lol

Scott_W
10-04-06, 01:06 PM
Not had anything like that happen to me before..... which cinema was it in Southampton out of interest?

JamesHockley
10-04-06, 01:58 PM
The film was Alien autopsy and it was really good, very funny!

It was the Odeon, I have had similar in other odeons.

To make things worse I think the collecter box on the'bird has rotted as it has started blowing!!!

Dabz
10-04-06, 02:18 PM
sounds a bit OTT of the cinema to be honest!