PDA

View Full Version : Computer Geeks - I need your brain cells!

Amante_271
09-04-06, 06:54 AM
:-[ :( HELP!!! I know this is not bike related but Im desparate for info and you guys (& Gals!) are the best! :)

Ive got a Motorola C975 ( came as part of a package! ) with a busted joy stick! :'( (OUCH!) Im sending it back BUT I need to download all the info Ive got stored on the phone - its my life line to the world when Im out (I can drain the battery in 6-7hrs some days!)

Ive managed to get a USB cable for it so I can connect it to my PC BUT i dont have any software to go with it. i was told that I can down load it free from the net but F*CKED if I know where from. Any POLITE surgestions/ideas?

Please help! :'( OR THE GERBILS GET IT!!! >:(

R1chie
09-04-06, 09:52 AM
what? do you mean just phone numbers?

BB
09-04-06, 10:00 AM
I've got a sim card data back-up gizmo. Never used it myself, as I get the geeks at work to save it for me periodically.

R1chie
09-04-06, 10:06 AM
I've got a sim card data back-up gizmo. Never used it myself, as I get the geeks at work to save it for me periodically.

exactly what i was going to suggest BB (consider yourself a geek now lol)

amante...........if it is just phone numbers/text messages you want to save, then as BB mentioned, buy a sim card back up/manager gadget.

you can get them at pcworld type places

BB
09-04-06, 10:55 AM
Ah, no not a geek!! ;D

I bought mine at Aldi or Lidl, can't remember which & it didn't cost much - certainly less than a tenner.

Amante_271
09-04-06, 12:05 PM
Yes to the phone numbers/text messages but I also want to save the photos too!

BB - I didnt realise there were PRETTY geeks! ;)

R1chie
09-04-06, 12:20 PM
this is what you need..........i think ::)

http://www.motorola-shop.co.uk/acc_detail.aspx?i=38842

Snowy
09-04-06, 12:25 PM
Also, you could try:

http://www.downseek.com/download/29286.asp

These downloads may be ZIP files - if you don't have winzip you can download the free evaluation software. This is the USB driver software for connecting to your PC.

Have fun!

BB
09-04-06, 04:44 PM

Have we met?

Amante_271
09-04-06, 05:03 PM
this is what you need..........i think ::)

http://www.motorola-shop.co.uk/acc_detail.aspx?i=38842

Checked this out and it looks good to me so Ive put in an order and will let you know what turns up! Fingers crossed!!

:) Thanks alot guys (and gals) for all your help! I really apreciate it! Senior Management spent HOURS trawling the net yesterday and got nowhere fast! I knew you lot would come up trumps!!! :)

R1chie
09-04-06, 05:08 PM
Hours?

The Senior management never heard of google then? lol

Amante_271
09-04-06, 05:10 PM

Have we met?

:( Not yet, but you have a Bonnie so that rates you highly in my book to start with! Any way Im always nice to good looking young women!! Im sure you qualify with easy!!!!

Amante_271
09-04-06, 05:16 PM
Hours?

The Senior management never heard of google then? lol

She was looking for the program to download not a separate item! She did try Google AND Ask Jeeves for that and ended up going all over the place as she was looking for "3 sync" as thats what the phone/PC said it needed!

You can tell we arent the most computer literate people on the interweb! But we get 10 out of 10 for effort but -3 out of 10 for getting anywhere!!

BB
09-04-06, 05:24 PM
That's the trouble with search engines - you need to search in a particular way to get the best from them. ;)

Amante_271
09-04-06, 05:30 PM
Just read out your reply to Snr Management and she says "Thank you" for understanding!! :)

R1chie
09-04-06, 05:36 PM
lol

my 'C975' google search must have been a lucky shot then

trick is to start wide, then narrow down

Amante_271
11-04-06, 10:05 AM
:) Yippee! the Postman has just delivered the bits!

:( >:( No F*cking instructions!

Will try to fire it up but if theres a National Black out DONT F*CKING BLAME ME!!!! >:(

blurbiker247
11-04-06, 11:09 AM
F*ck what happened to the ligh..........

Amante_271
11-04-06, 12:49 PM
BOLOX!!! >:( Wrong bits! Rang up the bods who sent it and explained. Turns out Id ordered a memory card reader (no memory card only sim card in the phone) so they are sending me the new data cable (Ive already got one :( Bummer!) and the soft ware (which I dont have!)

The company are going to refund me the cost of the bits I dont need when I return it so HOPEFULLY (!) job done!!!! :)

Oh the joys of modern technology! ::)