PDA

View Full Version : Booked it, packed it, revved off

R1chie
09-04-06, 03:46 PM
Well, I've finally got around to getting all the bits and pieces i need for the bike, and the final step is to get it set up properly on the dyno.

So on Wednesday, I'm off to JHS Racing in Bristol to put the final bit in the jigsaw (well, apart from maybe a new chain and sprocket set)

Interesting to see what bhp the old ninja is kicking out

Will post the details when i get them

SkyJawa
09-04-06, 04:49 PM
8-) Look forward to the results mate :)

Scott_W
10-04-06, 08:38 AM
Yeah let us know what results you get..... a few of us had our bikes on the dyno last year for tuning/just making sure the AFR was OK. Was fun standing right next to your bike whilst they rev it to 15k! :D

R1chie
12-04-06, 07:34 PM
well just got back from JHS Racing

Initial run, the bike was kicking out 103.23 bhp at the rear, with max torque of 44.28

After a bit of fiddling to the fuel map, its now 109.13 bhp with max torque of 46.75 (SAE correction settings (DIN setting 112bhp))

The bloke who was setting up the custom map commentated that the twin port exhaust wasn't doing me any favours (due to the 'expected' pulse effects)

But overall, thats the kind of figures i was aiming for. The major plus point was getting rid of the flat spot i was suffering at 6k rpm. It now accelerates smoother than a cashmir cod piece.

As a parting comment, the geezer mentioned he got 120bhp from a B1 with a full M4 system on. Damn these people putting ideas in my head..........and emptying my wallet! ;)

Scott_W
12-04-06, 07:57 PM
The dyno people are sly like that.... anyway, good results on the whole though! :) I got 133bhp and 59lbs ft from mine and I was well chuffed.

Mac
12-04-06, 10:08 PM
Great results....so we'll be eating ur dust now then??
Enjoy the ride home?