PDA

View Full Version : Police presence

Steev
13-04-06, 09:05 AM
I stole this from the Fazer Forum, so its a double theft.

STOLEN FROM Bikechatforums.com
This comes from the TL forum and I don't personally know the poster, but thought worth passing on in case it saves someone's licence!

"Just got off the phone with my mate who works in the Local Police.

Bank Holiday coming up and guess what ......

Helmsley to Stokesley road ... About 22 miles.
Helmsley to Whitby road ... About 35 miles.
Helmsley to Thirsk road ... About 20 miles.

Total road mileage approx 80 miles and the Police have allocated for the 4 days :

4 x Volvo Marked Traffic cars (8 officers)
1 x Landrover Marked car (2 officers)
2 x Local Panda Cars (4 officers)
4 x Pan Euro marked bikes (4 officers)
1 x R1 unmarked bike (1 officer)
1 x CBR1000 unmarked Police bike (1 officer)
1 x Suburu Impreza Unmarked car (2 officers)
1 x BMW unmarked car (2 officers)
1 x C5 unmarked car (2 officers)
4 x Plod to wander around in Helmsley giving out small plate tickets (4 officers)

Vehicle total : 16
Police Officer total : 30"

Dabz
13-04-06, 09:13 AM
is any of that near where we're going tomrorow? don't fancy them walking round us all giving out tickets for pipes and plates

BB
13-04-06, 09:24 AM
Nah, up north, but it does indicate some some police force's attitude to people having fun. :( Lets hope Wiltshire are more forgiving. :)

Scott_W
13-04-06, 09:35 AM
Thank heavens for that!

Steev
13-04-06, 11:08 AM
I just picked these stats from this site http://www.safetycameraswiltshire.co.uk/mobile.asp

So at least we are informed

Week commencing Saturday 7 April 2006 – These are among the routes where mobile safety cameras will be operating.

A303, A36, M4, A419, A4, A30, A342, A361, A3102, A350, A363, A420, B3098, Salisbury and Chippenham areas

Week commencing Saturday 15 April 2006 – These are among the routes where mobile safety cameras will be operating.

A303; A36, M4, A419, A338, A346, A30, A354, A342, A360, A350, B390, A429, B4040, Swindon and Trowbridge areas.

The above locations are subject to change due to local conditions, at short notice and without prior warning

I suppose thats about every road in the area potentially.

Cant they just p*ss off and let us have some fun on the holidays.

blurbiker247
13-04-06, 11:28 AM
so what they are saying is, "we'll go where ever we f**kin like till we get yer!" SIR!
but thanks for taking the trouble, could save someones lisence.

Snowy
13-04-06, 11:42 AM
Well I'm 100% legal in all respects - race cans on a Beemer!! So, if we do get stopped I will try and keep them busy while you naughty boyz and galz try and sneak off!! Hah, hah.

BB
13-04-06, 12:13 PM
I think that list just about covers potentially any route or combination of routes we are likely to go on either as a group or individually!! :(

What was the signal for camera ahead again?

blurbiker247
13-04-06, 12:17 PM
I think its clench fist and open it twice.

I did it to a rider on the way to the lion last night as there was a camera i'd just passed, and he looked a bit confused :-/

russ100
13-04-06, 12:26 PM
sounds a bit OTT if its true, but this was in MCN if the unfortunate should happen:

http://www.pepipoo.com/images/MCN/MCN_05-Apr-06_b.jpg

R1chie
13-04-06, 12:26 PM
I think that list just about covers potentially any route or combination of routes we are likely to go on either as a group or individually!! :(

What was the signal for camera ahead again?

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1143236670

don't get too concerned with the potential camera sites issue, just keep your eyes peeled thats all.

BB
13-04-06, 12:27 PM
Suggest everyone reads Ridout Etiquette - sticky thread on Meets & Rideouts.

Amended!
Darn - you beat me to it!

Dabz
13-04-06, 01:06 PM
I think we should be ok - to be honest with such a large group I can't see us going at stupid speeds anyway! Just having doubts about fitting my extremely loud and illegal exhaust tonight now lol

R1chie
13-04-06, 01:29 PM
i'm sure the rest of our 'legal' exhausts will drown it out mate

Steev
13-04-06, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about the can mate. I have a wolf racing can on me Fazer thou that the street legal baffles fell out of when I was out for a run, its getting sent back for a refund after tomorrow (long story). All you do if you see plod etc is step up a few gears and keep the revs down and they wont even notice.

I am ready to stand corrected on this one, but I think unless it actually says on the can "not for road use" or something to that effect they wont do anything about it anyway. Unless of course you come across the only plod with a decibel meter and an printed procedure for testing load cans.

zebedee1984
13-04-06, 06:02 PM
we should be relatively ok in Wiltshire, Hampshire is the worst county in the south for traffic police as they are the only county in the south that increased rather than decrease their traffic unit numbers over the last couple of years.

But as has been said, with so many bikes they won't mind too much, because speed wise we won't go too mad and we have a good visual presence etc.

they are usually quite tolerant of a bit of speeding providing your not taking stupid risks with other drivers on the road!