PDA

View Full Version : What trousers do you wear when riding?

Dabz
02-01-06, 10:19 PM
Just wondering...I always wear jeans or cords which I know is very stupid because they'd do nothing if I came off

Mac
02-01-06, 10:20 PM
I've got black leathers but will be probably getting a new set sometime this year...

tomcat
02-01-06, 11:59 PM
obviously i dont have a bike yet but when i get one i would prob have a all in one suit, mind you on small rides i would prob just wear jeans which is silly i know :s

as long as none of you are the people i see in the summer in shorts and t-shirts :s bloody crazy.

Mac
03-01-06, 07:43 AM
No chance of catching me without my gear on...spent a wedge getting it i want to be safe as can be...well apart from the grannies on the road! lol

GIXER_PAUL
03-01-06, 08:58 AM
I have 2 pce TEKNIC leathers with wiz knee sliders, as it stands i have no chance of getting my knee down but they are the st georges cross so i am being patriotic lol.

V-TWIN
04-01-06, 12:21 AM
usually when riding day to day, to the shops, to a friends etc id wear jeans, alpinestar boots and jacket, depending on how much of a playful mood im in (wheelies) id stick leather trousers on

Scott_W
05-01-06, 02:19 PM
During the summer it's my leathers, but at this time of year it's the textile stuff with all of the thermals fitted! :D

SkyJawa
06-01-06, 10:51 AM
I have 2 piece all weather gear, and a 2 piece set of leathers. Either wear one or the other depending...........

Iain
06-01-06, 11:17 AM
As above! :D

sleepy
17-01-06, 03:08 PM
got black & silver two piece leathers.never get on the bike without em now (torn too much flesh off me legs already) and im only 23

onfire23
23-04-06, 11:33 PM
I enjoy my skin and bones too much. Its full 1pc leathers. Oh and 'back protector' extra confidence at speed Lol!

rex_the_sprocket
24-04-06, 09:41 AM
One piece leathers for trackdays and misbehaving on rideouts - two piece leathers (dainese pants & Arlen Ness jacket) for day to day stuff.

I avoid wearing jeans cos I saw what happened to a mates kness and hips when he got punted off at 30 mph

Nokesy
24-04-06, 01:19 PM
Padded materials. Just spent £200 on new jacket this weekend - it's good to have one that fits, had nicked partners up til now and sleeves were far too long!

Avoid jeans - just know if I did, I'd come off - it's fate!

BB
24-04-06, 06:46 PM
I've ridden thousands of miles in jeans over the years and been very lucky.

These last 10 years or so having 'grown out of' my leather jeans and jacket I've been wearing textiles with light armour which also saves having to drag waterproofs around with me. I have recently rediscovered the old leathers and find they fit once again so you might see me about in them this year!

Psychologically I find I'm getting less comfortable in jeans the more years I wear other stuff.

Although I have been eyeing up these ‘Draggin’ Jeans’ Anyone any experience of them?