PDA

View Full Version : bike test

gravelrash
24-04-06, 05:43 PM
Well my girl did her DAS course last week, took her test on thursday and... failed. Poor girl is gutted! Managed to put her foot down on the u-turn, She showed me where and I am not surprised, tree lined avenue and on a slope!!
Tried to get her on a bike on saturday but her confidence is shot. She won´t ride the ZZR that I have rebuilt for her so am on the lookout for a cheap 125 to build her confidence back up. If anyone knows of one....
Regards Ade

R1chie
24-04-06, 05:55 PM
fella on the ninja site was selling a 'tatty' yamaha sr125 for £295 a few weeks ago. been garaged for 2 years, bought for his wife but never used, needs some tlc but nothing major

i will see if its still for sale if you like

gravelrash
24-04-06, 06:00 PM
That would be great!! Any idea where it was?

R1chie
24-04-06, 06:03 PM
His location on his profile says Tiptree, Essex

I'll pm him now to see if he's still got it

BB
24-04-06, 10:07 PM
Hi, sorry to hear she didn't pass. Tell her from me to get back out there 'cos we all know she can do it - just think of it as a few circus tricks required on the day and then she will be able to relax.

BB

SkyJawa
25-04-06, 12:58 AM
Shame - stupid U-turn, who the feck needs it anyway!

BB
25-04-06, 07:55 AM
Shame - stupid U-turn, who the feck needs it anyway!

Handy for those of us with sufficient lock to turn in a road width I suppose. The rest of you just do 99 point turns! :D

Scott_W
25-04-06, 08:39 AM
Or just find the nearest roundabout! :D

Nokesy
25-04-06, 11:46 AM
I've got all of that to go through week after next so I do feel for her. I have my new bike sat in garden and rode a little in our road last week but my confidence of getting on a bigger bike was pretty low and consequently got off after about 5 minutes and put it back in the garden! But I've talked myself round to just going for it - what's the worst that can happen? The speed I'll be doing will not hurt me if I come off and I refuse to be beaten as I was a crap driver to start with and suddenly it all just came together. Maybe it will help her to know she's not alone in the way she feels.

onfire23
25-04-06, 11:57 AM
Shame failed on touching foot down for a nanny state second, would understand it if you had your knee down.

Must admit I passed my practical first time with help of Abbey Rider Training, but I took my theory three times (crap memory).

Good Luck, hope all goes well for U. :-)

Dabz
25-04-06, 12:35 PM
I failed 1st time...on "shouldn't have been going slowly past enterence to a carpark...should have stopped before and waited for straffic to totally clear". needless to say that caused a shouting match back at the test centre...between my instructor and the examiner while I waited to ride home! apparently this examiner always fails young men for their 1st test as believes they should all have more training.

anyway tell her 2nd time round will be fine!

gravelrash
25-04-06, 04:58 PM
Thanx to you all, am gonna get her a little bike to practise on to rebuild her confidence. Thing is she is a good rider, she just need to convince herself!!! Still as they say all the best pass second time..
Ade

R1chie
25-04-06, 07:35 PM
check your pm's ade