PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki versus Kawasaki

Snowy
24-04-06, 08:52 PM
As a neutral in this particular debate which seems to be overtaking this forum, I was just wondering which make of bike came first and second at Thruxton last week.....

The great thing about being a Beemer owner is that no one out there gives a stuff about it and therefore you can't get embroiled in mindless and futile arguments over trivial matters. Sorry bout that - I was just feeling a little lonely and left out lol.

R1chie
24-04-06, 09:38 PM
someone had to go and spoil the fun with a dedicated thread

Snowy
24-04-06, 09:56 PM
Sorry Richie - won't do it again, promise.

Scott_W
24-04-06, 09:56 PM
Ignore BSB - what happened on the WSB front? ;) ;D

Snowy
24-04-06, 09:58 PM
Scott - Havn't a clue as I'm completely ignorant on the subject and intend staying that way. Damn, but I won't sleep without knowing. What's happening in WSB?

Scott_W
24-04-06, 10:00 PM
Suzuki/Ducati are right at the top whilst the Kawasaki's are no-where to be seen. ;)

R1chie
24-04-06, 10:02 PM
and therefore you can't get embroiled in mindless and futile arguments over trivial matters

its called banter graeme

also known as craic, having a laugh, friendly jibing/rivalry etc

if you think its anything serious then i applaud your carefully covered look down your nose remarks. how very gallant of you.

sorry about that......just feeling a little left out and lonely as my gixer friends aren't here

..........and oh yeah.......which race at thruxton.........first or second?

Snowy
24-04-06, 10:05 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are the bikes the same in BSB and WSB? Which is closer to a stock production bike?

Snowy
24-04-06, 10:08 PM
Richie - no offence intended and I apologise if it came across that way - just my dry sense of humour.

R1chie
24-04-06, 10:18 PM
Richie - no offence intended and I apologise if it came across that way - just my dry sense of humour.

no offence taken.......... us geordies have thick skin as well as thick heads

to answer you question about the bikes in BSB and WSB

strangely enough the bikes in WSB are more closer to stock production bikes than the ones involved in BSB. This is due to stricter rules applied in the WSB race series in terms of the amount of non stock changes to the bikes internals.

in BSB you have 'big bang' Yamaha R1's, which are not allowed in WSB. Also a lot of the parts that HRC have supplied to the Honda HM Racing team are deemed illegal in WSB as well, making the BSB fireblade the fastest circuit blade ever made.

Not all that sure about the differences in the ducati's. as far as i'm aware, Airwaves Ducati were running ex WSB bikes last season, but with what changes i don't actually know.

In both series, Ducati are dominating.........although suzuki are running them close in WSB (but we won't mention the rizla team in BSB)

Kawasaki's are getting there. the last zx10 proved to be a beast no one could tame. the current bike is gradually getting there as shown by 3 kwaks lining up in the second row at WSB at the weekend, and glimpses of it in the early laps at Thruxton in BSB.

Snowy
24-04-06, 10:32 PM
Thanks Richie. I'm sure the Gixer crew will be back at you soon...

BB
24-04-06, 10:38 PM
That Grahame stirring again? He's like that you know - I've no idea where he gets the encouragment to do it! ;D

Snowy
24-04-06, 10:42 PM
BB - always been a puppet...

R1chie
24-04-06, 10:43 PM
That Grahame stirring again? He's like that you know - I've no idea where he gets the encouragment to do it! ;D

I know BB, the little tinker didnt even give me credit for spelling his name right!!

Bloody typical BMW rider!! (just so you don't feel left out Graeme) ;)

BB
24-04-06, 10:45 PM
I know, BMW riders, all the same...

Snowy
24-04-06, 10:50 PM
I hope I'm not a typical BMW rider - one of me is more than enough. As long as you don't compare me to a Volvo driver I don't mind. And thank you for the name spelling.

BB - far too subtle - you can do better!

BB
24-04-06, 10:53 PM
I know I was just 'chickening' out, don't want to get everyone in a 'flutter'

How's the new engine coming along for that lawnmower? ;)

Snowy
24-04-06, 10:58 PM
The lawnmower packed up on Saturday, and the washing machine Sunday. I'm waiting for No.3 to happen before I do anything else. Didn't need a new engine though, typical Honda it's worked for 15 years without any maintenance other than oil. Just a blocked jet and water in the float bowl from over wintering. Washing machine was a blocked pump from all the bits and bobs teenagers leave in their clothes.

BB
24-04-06, 11:03 PM
Didn't need a new engine though, typical Honda it's worked for 15 years without any maintenance other than oil. Just a blocked jet and water in the float bowl from over wintering.

Wot? Only 15 years with no maintenance? You just can't get anything to last can you. :)

I'm not sure I want to know what teenagers nowadays leave in their pockets! :P

(edited for spelling)

Snowy
24-04-06, 11:06 PM
No, you do not want to know.

BB
24-04-06, 11:13 PM
Many years ago we were in a pub and a girl took her socks off (don't ask) in the ensuing scuffle we managed to get an unwrapped -and unused I hasten to add - condom rolled up inside her sock without her knowing.

Anyway when Mother emptied the washing machine the next day said girls 15 year old brother had to do some smart talking to get out of trouble!

It wasn’t until a couple of weeks later that someone in the gang cracked and asked her if she had found the condom and she realised what had happened. Not sure she ever told her kid brother! ;D

Snowy
24-04-06, 11:24 PM
Hah hah. (How do you add a Smiley to a post - I just get text?)

So why is it that said mother assumed it was the boy who had the condom in his sock and not the girl? I thought it was the girls responsibility to take precautions? (joke).

BB
24-04-06, 11:30 PM
Always wise to take precautions whenever sex comes into the equation :o

In reply, when you click on the smilie it looks like text until you preview or post the message. Also on the left of the reply box there are more smilies hidden! ;)

Snowy
24-04-06, 11:32 PM
[smiley=embarassed.gif] Thanks BB - I'm learning. :)

BB
24-04-06, 11:34 PM
See, you can teach an old dog new tricks! ;D

Snowy
24-04-06, 11:40 PM
Sorry, I'm just too dogged (?) tired to come back on that. See ya tomorrow. Woof.

BB
24-04-06, 11:43 PM
Woof to you too!! :P

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 07:08 AM
Thanks Richie. I'm sure the Gixer crew will be back at you soon...

The Gixers are still kicking butt in AMA! (top 3 places!) :)

BB
25-04-06, 07:58 AM
What is AMA? or did I miss that explanation somewhere? :-?

R1chie
25-04-06, 08:07 AM
American Superbike series

JamesHockley
25-04-06, 10:20 AM
I think that if I am not mistaken, a ZX10R won the BSB super stock last year?

Which shows the road bike must be damn quick.

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 11:14 AM
I think that if I am not mistaken, a ZX10R won the BSB super stock last year?

Which shows the road bike must be damn quick.

I think your find it was a R1 mate......... :-[

Scott_W
25-04-06, 11:18 AM
GB, no it wasn't..... Paul Young on his R1 came second and Lee Jackson won it riding the ZX10R.

JamesHockley
25-04-06, 11:22 AM
This is going to end with hand bags at dawn!!

The only reason I know is my cousins girlfriend family sponsor the superstock team, but he only came 7th at Thruxton due to some handling issues with this years ZX10R.

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 11:32 AM
GB, no it wasn't..... Paul Young on his R1 came second and Lee Jackson won it riding the ZX10R.

May I direct you to this link my good man...........
http://www.metzelermoto.co.uk/metzeler_world/editorials/superstock_champ/page_001/round_13_brands_hatch_9th_october_05.htm

I think you're getting confused guys as he's riding a Kawacrappy THIS year! ;)

JamesHockley
25-04-06, 11:57 AM
I stand corrected. I just bought a kwak so I am bit biased!

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 12:00 PM
Thats ok James........I know that you Kawi riding were just hoping that your marque had won something,anything,but alas,NO.......HA HA HA HA HA....... ;D ;D ;D

R1chie
25-04-06, 12:02 PM
gicker boy is right

Jackson was riding a R1 last year when he won the Superstock Championship

He's currently second in the championship standings this season on the 10r.

Sadly........its all gickers up front in the superstock cup as well

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 12:03 PM
gicker boy is right

Jackson was riding a R1 last year when he won the Superstock Championship

He's currently second in the championship standings this season on the 10r.

Sadly........its all gickers up front in the superstock cup as well

Very noble of you sir! :)

JamesHockley
25-04-06, 12:04 PM
Thats ok James........I know that you Kawi riding were just hoping that your marque had won something,anything,but alas,NO.......HA HA HA HA HA....... ;D ;D ;D

I think you will find that kwaks are very good at taking the the wooden spoon! ;D

R1chie
25-04-06, 12:08 PM

I think you will find that kwaks are very good at taking the the wooden spoon! ;D

woah woah woah sweet child of mine

the zx6rr did win the AMA Supersport Championship last year 8-)

and runner up as well

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 12:18 PM
We're talking about PROPER bikes now Rich........... ;D

JamesHockley
25-04-06, 12:19 PM
Again I stand corrected, (not any of this makes any difference on the road as I ride like am 40 any way!!).

Scott_W
25-04-06, 12:32 PM

May I direct you to this link my good man...........
http://www.metzelermoto.co.uk/metzeler_world/editorials/superstock_champ/page_001/round_13_brands_hatch_9th_october_05.htm

I think you're getting confused guys as he's riding a Kawacrappy THIS year! ;)

Furry muff... the stuff I saw about him was just talking about him being on the ZX10r

Sinz1000K3
25-04-06, 06:20 PM
In any event..GIXER > other makes..nuff said..can i get a high 5?:P

GixerBoy
25-04-06, 06:21 PM
High five!! :)

SkyJawa
25-04-06, 11:38 PM
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/yawn.gif