PDA

View Full Version : wilts council strike again :(

Dabz
24-04-06, 03:33 PM
just phoned up the council/wilts housing society (same people? not sure) to chase about a garage as I've been on the waiting list for 4 months now. apparently I should have received confirmation of going on the list 4 months ago and as such was never put on the list! she also said they've recently let a number of garages which I may have missed out on, but that if I give a 10 mile radius of where I live she should be able to find one "fairly quickly".

by the wya she was talking I should have had one by now :(

Sinz1000K3
24-04-06, 06:31 PM
Sounds like the council to me, housing section sucks ass too.
Mother in law died, been my misses family home for 20+years, but she never got rights to succession due to being told a lot of crap which wasnt right, long story, and now we are being forced to move into another property just because this one has 4beds and we are only allowed a 2bed place.
Reason given..there isnt enough 4bed houses in swindon..which is bollocks..theres 3 houses just on our road which are vacant and have been for several months..system is a proper fudge nudger.

Anyway..starting to rant now..sorry to hear about ya garage m8:(

BB
24-04-06, 06:58 PM
That's a bummer for both Dabz & Sinz. It seems to me that since they devolved the housing sections away from the District councils to housing associations there have been problems – mostly no one seems to know who the hell does what nowadays. In my job we occasionally come across stuff that hasn't been passed from one authority to another and then no one claims to own it!

10 mile radius? That’s quite a distance!

With the house you can see the sense in one respect but like you say if its been the family home for 20+ years it’s a double whammy when someone dies, you don’t just lose them you lose your home too, and in this case from the sounds of it due to poor advice given out.

Dabz
25-04-06, 09:30 AM
the 10 mile radius is the desperation hehe. The bike's kept 10 miles away at the mo at Paul's house but ideally I'd like my own storage for it so he has more garage space.

Didn't get a call back yesterday again so gonna have to try again today!

Dabz
26-04-06, 03:43 PM
rang back today to sya noone ever phoned me back...noone knew anything about my message so had to start from scratch again. been promised the call back and letter once again.

Sinz1000K3
26-04-06, 05:58 PM
Sounds familiar m8:/

BB
26-04-06, 06:36 PM
Dabz, when you ring any council/Housing association get the name of the person you speak to everytime. That way you don't have to start from scratch each time. If they have given their name to a punter and know he is going to come back to them for an answer they are more likely to do something done with the call in the first place as it is easier to do that than try to explain why they haven't done anything!

Dabz
27-04-06, 08:52 AM
letter came through this morning confirming my place on the waiting list....maybe if they'd done it properly in december I would have had one by now :(