PDA

View Full Version : Wiltshirebiker stickers

zebedee1984
05-05-06, 09:48 AM
Just wondering what happened to the idea that was shooting around about getting some stickers for the bikes advertising the site, I;m still quite up for this and wondered if you guys (the management) have taken this any further?

sorry I started a new thread on this everybody I couldn't find the old thread regarding this subject.

JamesHockley
05-05-06, 09:56 AM
Yep well up for some stickers on the bike, it would nice to spread the word!

Zeb check your PM's!

Dabz
05-05-06, 10:17 AM
no had chance to look into it yet I'm afraid...work's been manic lately :( I'll see what I can sort out this weekend though :)

zebedee1984
05-05-06, 11:05 AM
cool.

I want to be a desciple of the brotherhood (and sisterhood for BB and the like) of Wiltshire biker.

Mac
05-05-06, 11:26 AM
What sort of stickers do u want?
Web address with ur forum name on them?
Circular disc sticker with the above and some kind of logo?
Anyone want to have a go at designing one?

Dabz
05-05-06, 12:04 PM
i'd say keep it simple with just the web address?

Mac
05-05-06, 12:11 PM
All up for discussion....:D

onfire23
05-05-06, 12:14 PM
Fluorescent ones for us with Black Visor's 8-)

zebedee1984
05-05-06, 01:35 PM
something with the site name, like the idea of our user name on it as well because then people can spot you etc (sorry if I'm being a chav).

I'm rubbish at designing things, myself but there's a lot of guys here who must be good with computers!

BB
05-05-06, 06:03 PM
I want to be a desciple of the brotherhood (and sisterhood for BB and the like) of Wiltshire biker.

I'm the last one to be PC! I've just stood down from a year as Chairman of an organisation - I figured if it was good enough for the 49 before me it was good enough for me. Anyway my father in law thought I was a bloke when I walked in the hospital ward in bike kit to see him the other night - daft begger!

Stickers - keep 'em simple with just the site address. Suggest round, square or oblong with say one colour on a plain background to keep costs down - eg blue on white - also simple looks classy.
Expensive to do individual ones with your user name on it.

rex_the_sprocket
05-05-06, 06:15 PM
I agree with BB - use the website URL, but maybe use an interesting font - not italicised but Tahoma, squire something like that with a clear (transparent) background so you can stick it over original paintwork. Possibly print in a few different colour options - silver, black, red, white so you can overlay against your bikes paintwork. I have a silver aprilia and silver stickers look really trick 8-)

Highlighting the word BIKER does look better tho 8-)

Sinz1000K3
05-05-06, 06:47 PM
Looks good enough to me rex

b_1_rd
05-05-06, 07:55 PM
I like that too, perhaps with a border around it to make it stand out a bit more, but deffinatley the 'biker' bit in a different colour. :)

rex_the_sprocket
05-05-06, 08:22 PM
I like that too, perhaps with a border around it to make it stand out a bit more, but deffinatley the 'biker' bit in a different colour. :)

I can't load an updated piccie cos I get.............This attachment causes the attachments directory to exceed it's maximum capacity by approximately 1 kilobyte and cannot be uploaded.............and the file is only 8kb??

furry
05-05-06, 08:29 PM
freind of mine does graphics, let me know and he'll price them.

BB
05-05-06, 09:42 PM
I like the one you've done so far, Rex, classy!

BB

b_1_rd
05-05-06, 10:03 PM

I can't load an updated piccie cos I get.............This attachment causes the attachments directory to exceed it's maximum capacity by approximately 1 kilobyte and cannot be uploaded.............and the file is only 8kb??

How's this?

http://h1.ripway.com/b1rd/logo.JPG

BB
05-05-06, 10:10 PM
Looking good too!

rex_the_sprocket
06-05-06, 09:19 AM
Not sure I like the border.

My idea was to have just writing on a transparent background so you can add the sticker to your bike and it would look like an OEM decal. I have a www.rsvr.net sticker in this style and it looks great on the bike and in the rear window of the car.

Also the border distracts the eye from the URL.

Dabz
06-05-06, 09:30 AM
like them both...kinda agree with the transparent background though..

my car ones are usually just the lettering, each letter being separate so you just have "www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk" in lettering to stick somewhere.

might be a good idea to get whatever we do get in a couple of colours? black and white? just thinking if people wanted to stick on black paint, black lettering would be pointless..similarly white on a silver bike wouldn't look good

b_1_rd
06-05-06, 03:57 PM
Not sure I like the border.

My idea was to have just writing on a transparent background so you can add the sticker to your bike and it would look like an OEM decal. I have a www.rsvr.net sticker in this style and it looks great on the bike and in the rear window of the car.

Also the border distracts the eye from the URL.

That's right, pick on the newbie......just 'cos I've only been here a few days......

Just kiddin'

Fair point. :)

zebedee1984
06-05-06, 03:58 PM
can I be special and have Zebedee on mine, I want everyone to know it's me holding them up on the road! alternatively could get one saying rexthe sprocket or furry and then I wouldn't take the heat for it...!

I have a cunning plan!

rex_the_sprocket
06-05-06, 07:51 PM
I already have 'Rex the Sprocket' screen stickers........sad or what

zebedee1984
06-05-06, 08:16 PM
wow..... your like the coolest person and everything!

rex_the_sprocket
06-05-06, 08:37 PM
I already have 'Rex the Sprocket' screen stickers........sad or what
Its cos I am so old I keep forgetting who I am

One of the prilla gang has taken to taking the p*ss out of Rossi. John is Head of Maths at a Comprehensive school and the has had 'the teacher' stickers made for his screen in the same font etc as the wizard himself.

BB
06-05-06, 09:59 PM
Transparent without a border so it looks like an OE sticker? Sounds neat!

BB

zebedee1984
06-05-06, 11:26 PM
I want some, I want some, but they would have to be on the screen so you can see them in your rear view mirrors!!!

Amante_271
08-05-06, 06:50 AM
Not only should we have bike stickers but what about cloth patches too! The ideas for the stickers being transparent seems to be a cracking idea. Like the old saying goes "Keep It Simple Stupid"

Rex has a great design there, but for another idea of what to have, why not use the header from the top of the site? Or would it be too complicated? At least when someone visits us they will see something they recognise! Visual association I think the smarty pants call it!

Next question, how much are people willing to pay? After the cost is covered any extra money could go to... a biker related charity for example - NADB? Or help with Wilts air ambulance or MAG / BMF? Any surgestions?

Dare I even surgest any extra pennies could go back into running the site and associated costs!!! (AKA the Beer Fund!)

Amante_271
08-05-06, 07:34 AM
Had a thought! (Didnt hurt too much, thanks for asking!)

With the new stickers fitted, we will be able to post sightings of other members easier!! We know who you are and where you live!!!

Mad idea but it has a hint of genius!!

Must take my medication before nursie gets annoyed again!!

Jeff
08-05-06, 11:24 AM
Could we have Chapter patches? Wiltshire Bikers - Salisbury Chapter, a la the Angels?? :)

BB
08-05-06, 01:53 PM
Only if you want trouble from the HA.

Amante_271
09-05-06, 07:53 AM
Could we have Chapter patches? Wiltshire Bikers - Salisbury Chapter, a la the Angels?? :)

Like BB said this would possibly cause problems with the HA, and would it be viable as some areas of Wiltshire have more people signed up than others!

HA in general will have areas larger than Wilts anyway in each chapter as I understand it.

Nice idea tho!!!